- Text Size +

The young rin was troubled, that much was obvious by the expression written across her face. After, a discussion between the girl and small imp; jaken, rin wasn't sure what to feel. There discussion consisted of her and thier beloved lord and what had taken place ealier along the day.

Because of her "Stupidity" as the imp loved to tell her, Lord Sesshomaru had been wounded.

She hadn't meant anything to happen, she had meerly wanted nothing more then to present her lord with a gift; a crown of flowers if anything. Something that would be fitting for someone such as himself, and what flowers could have been more fitting then the pure white phlox beggining to bloom?

She smiled imagining how perfect the crown would have looked atop her lords head. The pure white color further matching Lord Sesshomarus god-like light; atleast thats how the young rin saw or WOULD have seen it had the demon not struck at the moment her hand had reached out for the Phlox.

It was without warning, and by then too late for a reaction to registar out of her. Not even a scream allowed itself to escape from her lips as it dug out from underneath the beautiful garden of phlox's, its mouth opening to reveil the rows and rows of teeth within its mouth. Bones of humans embedded in between them; some flesh still rotting away on some of the skeletal figures

The demon was grosteq that much was obvious, with sharp rows of teeth and two hands with sharp bladed claws, to claw through the dirt and possibly rip open human bodies or more liklely mutalate them.

Panic and fear froze her entire system as she watched it strike up into the air hovering over the feeble girl gigantivly. His name was caught back against her tiny throat but she was sure she had called for him.

Called for him with hushed whisper if anything; a shaking voice but she HAD called and he had come.

Only when the creatures clawed arm came hurling down towards her did her voice crack and did she scream.

It was at that moment did he decide to act, with a quick swift movement of his own poisonous claws her lord intervined, standing, almost floating in mid-air he swung his poison to the demon; the poison disintegrating the demons hand before it could even come in contact of him.

He never swung his sword freely expecially when he had no need for it, but even then he took down his enemies with grace, meerly using one fluid movement. He was to sum it all; amazing.

"Oh wonderfully done lord sesshomaru!! No one comes near compared to you oh great one!"

Rin turned hesistantly at the voice of praises her eyes laying atop the green imp.

"Master Jacken!" rin smiled happily,

It was only at the sound of her voice did the imp's expression turn sour.

"Bothersome urcent! your just lucky lord sesshomaru came back in--" He yelped, suddenly as one of the limps of the demon came crashing down between them, It's cut off limp being slowly consumed by the poison, burning before them.

Rin gasped, stumbling onto her feet at the sudden quake it had caused. The clawed demonic hand was about 2 to 3 times bigger then rin herself so it had caused quite the damage as it impacted onto the ground and was more then a surprise.

"L-Lord sesshomaru...perhaps next time you can be more careful where you kill it..if thats not too much to ask that is..uhm..my lord." jaken stuttered, looking on with wide popped eyes at how close it had come to crushing him.

Sesshomaru on the other hand stood tall and unconcerned, his composture never once lost. Rin smiled gratefully to her lord. How she loved that about him. Always calm, composed, and in control it was just one of the many things that made her lord so perfect.

"Amazing as always my lord." she giggled, bowing her head in abit of respect.

Sesshomaru meerly stared at the two before walking past them abesently.


Jaken flinced almost expecting to be hit at his comment but meerly relaxed seeing him walk past.

Jaken sighed, turning to the young brat.

''Now u listen here rin! Next time something like that happens don't expect for lord sesshomaru to swoop in on the nick of time!! He is far too busy to have to worry or even care what become- ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!''

Rin in truth never quite understood jaken so when he tended to go on like that she thought it best to leave him be. Instead, concentrating on sesshomaru himself. As jaken began to ramble on another one of his lectures rin took the liberty of walking after their lord, skipping along beside him as she caught in pace.

''Forgive me for the trouble my lord but I couldnt help but notice these really beautiful flowers that I thought would look just perfect if they were made into a crown for you.'' rin explained, not at all surprised when she recieved only silence in return.

''Then again no flowers could ever match up against you my lord.'' rin continued on, her cheeks flushing with happyness as she continued on walking beside him, taking in everything of him.

''I have no need of such things.'' sesshomaru replied to her, neither mad nor concerned.

"Oh.." rin blinked, staring up to him blankly, smiling up to him after a moment.

''Then i shall think of something else that will be more to your liking my lord''

''YES! yes, and rest assured sesshomaru-sama! I will have everything under control next time around!! I will not let her out off my sights again! No sir! I-''

"Jaken." Sesshomaru interrupted,

"Y-Yes my lord?" Jaken stiffened, wondering if maybe he had said too much.

"Fetch Ah-Un."

"A-Ah-Un? Oh! Yes, Him, Ofcourse, I shall fetch him right away my lord!" jaken scrambled, moving around in circles until finally deciding which direction to take.

"Rin."


"Ah! Yes, my lord?" she turned,


"Follow after jaken, and this time do not wander far from him."


"Hai!" she giggled, waving after jaken to slow his pace. As sesshomaru watched jaken and his young ward vanish from sight he turned, the scent of naraku high in the air. He did not need distractions for where he was going.

It was unsual for his scent to suddenly appear after all, but trick or not he would not waste this opportunity to finally pay naraku back for his past offenses made agaisnt someone as high and powerful as sesshomaru himself. He would make a fool of sesshomaru no longer nor would he allow his pride to remain scathed, with this in mind he made off in the direction of his scent being all to aware of the pointless foolish traps that may lay ahead for him