- Text Size +
 

8

 

 

Sesshoumaru frowned as he strolled down the hallways of the school; not that anyone would notice the slight change in his facial expression.  He had thought about Kagome with the wolf, Kouga, all night and was unable to get an ounce of sleep because of it.  During breakfast Inuyasha had made a comment about the new hamburger place and Sesshoumaru all but spat at the mere mention of it.  Inuyasha ended up face down in his bowl of cereal for reasons he didn't understand, but Sesshoumaru was loathe to tell him.

 

With his steps quick, Sesshoumaru made his way into his classroom in record time and slammed his briefcase down on his desk, effectively silencing his surprised and now fearful class.  He stared at them all hard and could not help but think of what lowly creatures teenagers were and how fleeting their pathetic school relationships were as well.  Ridiculous. 

 

"There will be a fifteen page paper due in three weeks time on the economic effects of countries who did not participate in the Kyoto Protocol.  I expect at least five resources listed in alphabetical order, a title page, a table of contents, and at least one measurable graph.  Any questions?" Sesshoumaru spat out quickly.

 

The students stared on in horror and disbelief as their teacher all but signed their high school death warrants.  Before anyone could get a word in edgewise, Sesshoumaru began his lecture.

 

Although Kagura was upset about the assignment given to them, she could not help but feel elated with knowing the reason for Sesshoumaru's fowl temper.  Kouga had called her not long after Kagome left the diner to tell her that the plan she came up with had worked.  He had sounded a bit regretful, but Kagura didn't care.  If she couldn't have Sesshoumaru, then no one could.

 

The girl next to Kagura leaned over and whispered very lightly to her.  "What do you think got into him?"

 

Kagura put on an innocent face and shrugged, so the girl leaned back into her chair and continued taking notes.  Kagura gave herself a mental pat on the back and went to work on her own lecture notes. 

 

‘Let's see Kagome try and fix this,' she thought to herself.

 

 

****

 

 

Kagome scooped a bit of her food onto her fork before eyeing in ruefully and letting it drop back to her plate with a ‘plop'.  She was in no mood to eat.  Sesshoumaru hadn't returned any of her phone calls and was effectively avoiding her as if she were the plague.  She had seen him in the hallway and smiled at him as she waved politely, but all he did was look straight through her and then turn away.

 

‘He's probably really upset that I missed dinner with him last night,' she thought sadly.  ‘I thought for sure he'd understand when he found out why I had to cancel.'

 

Kagome dropped her chopsticks and slid her lunch tray away from her before resting her chin on her fists.  This was not the way she expected today to go.  She was hoping to cash in her rain check for a date with Sesshoumaru and instead she was sitting at a lunch table staring at a pile of rice.  The last thing that she wanted to do was get Sesshoumaru upset, but it seemed as though she had done so anyway. 

 

Sesshoumaru not talking to her was worse than him yelling at her.  It was eating her up inside and it took a lot of will power not to break down in front of everyone.  She just got Sesshoumaru back and already she was losing him.

 

"This stinks," Kagome said aloud.

 

"You okay Kagome?" asked Sango who had been closely watching her friend.  She noticed that Kagome sighed every couple of minutes and was starting to get worried about her.  When Kagome didn't answer, Sango tried again.  "Kagome?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"I asked you if you were all right.  Is everything okay?"

 

"Sure; everything's fine," Kagome said half-heartedly.  "Hey Sango, I think I'm gonna go home early, I don't feel so well.  Would you mind picking up my homework for me?"

 

Sango gave her friend a sympathetic smile.  "Sure thing Kagome, are you positive you'll be okay?"

 

"Yeah, I'll be fine; I think I just need some rest."  Kagome picked up her lunch tray and threw the excess food away before leaving the cafeteria.  She walked slowly down the hall to head towards the office, stopping only once at her locker before continuing on her way.

 

When she entered the office she greeted the old woman behind the desk.  "Hey Kaede."

 

"Hello dear.  What can I help you with?" asked the elderly woman.

 

"I'm not feeling too well, may I please be excused to go home?"

 

"Of course dear, you'll need to call home before you do so."

 

Kagome nodded and accepted the phone from Kaede.  When her grandfather answered the phone he told her it was alright to come home, but that she would have to walk since no one was there to pick her up.  She finished her phone call and got all the necessary paper work filled out and then left the office.

 

Without looking up she walked towards the front gate only to walk straight into a tall, imposing figure.  She mumbled a quick apology and tried to work her way around the person she bumped into, but they kept moving in her way again.

 

"Look I said I was sorry now can you please get-"

 

"-Sorry doesn't begin to cover it Ka-go-me," she heard Sesshoumaru say.

 

Kagome quickly looked up into the golden eyes of the man she cancelled on last night.  "Sesshoumaru...I-I'm sorry about last night."

 

"I do not need nor want your apologies.  It is obvious you were where you wanted to be last night and unfortunately that was not in my company," Sesshoumaru stated icily.

 

"It's...It's not like that at all!" Kagome began.  "Please, just hear me out!"

 

"I have classes to tend to and have no time for excuses.  Go find your wolf to plead your case to," Sesshoumaru said as he stalked away.

 

The tears that had been threatening to fall earlier in the day now fell freely down Kagome's face.  She didn't make an effort to follow after him, for he made it perfectly clear that he didn't want anything to do with her.  Instead, she turned back the way she was going and ran home, hoping that she could find some solace in the confines of her own room.

 

 

****

 

 

"I'm really worried about Kagome, she didn't look to good earlier," Sango informed the small group of friends that were circled around a table.

 

"Did she say what was wrong?" Ayame asked.  Sango shook her head in the negative.

 

"She was fine yesterday.  In fact, she was smiling all day yesterday because of her date..." Sango trailed off as her eyes narrowed in Kouga's direction.

 

Ayame followed her gaze and caught on.  She quickly landed a punch to Kouga's arm and he squealed a little in pain.  "Ow!  What was that for?!"

 

"What did you do to Kagome?!" Ayame screamed at him.

 

"What are you talkin' about; I didn't do anything to her," Kouga defended himself.  "I took her here to get dinner, we danced, she left.  End of story."

 

"Well you must have done something," Kikyo broke in.  "She looked very upset earlier."

 

"Keh!  She's probably upset because Kouga was such a lousy date!" Inuyasha taunted.  "I don't know why she agreed to go out with you in the first place."

 

"I am not a lousy date!  Ask her yourself; she had a great time!  She didn't even slap me when I kissed her," he added with a smug grin.

 

"You kissed her?!" Ayame yelled at the wolf demon.

 

"No wonder she didn't feel good," Inuyasha added with a laugh. 

 

The group of friends shared a laugh at Kouga's expense.  The mood brightened substantially for them as they resumed their lunch.  In a booth next to theirs, Kagura listened in on the conversation and decided to add salt to the already open wound on Kagome and Sesshoumaru's relationship...or lack thereof.  She stood and walked out of the diner headed towards the school grounds where Sesshoumaru would no doubt be at this time of day. 

 

Her eyes were determined as she entered the school grounds and sought out the man of her dreams.  It did not take long for her to find him in the training dojo. He was talking to a few stragglers from the Jujitsu team who had yet to leave after practice.  After she stepped inside the room to make her presence known, she waited patiently for him to approach her.

 

Sesshoumaru's mood had not improved since the morning during his economics class.  In fact, after his run-in with Kagome it was even worse.  He was beginning to regret not allowing her the chance to explain herself. Or perhaps he began to feel it when he saw the tears form in her eyes.  He had already persuaded himself to seek her out that night to talk with her; then perhaps he could get some sleep.

 

Sesshoumaru looked up when the door of the dojo opened and saw Kagura enter and look his way.  Apparently she wanted to speak with him, no doubt about the assignment he had given his class.  He walked over to her when he finished speaking with one of the team members.  With a subtle nod as permission to speak, Kagura cleared her throat and began her spiel.

 

"Sorry to bother you while you're in the middle of something, I just wanted to make sure you were okay," she told him concernedly. 

 

It caught him off guard a little that she came here to ask him about condition, but he took it in stride and answered her.  "I am just fine Kagura, though your concern is appreciated.  Has this anything to do with the assignment I gave you?"

 

Kagura smirked a little at him and told him honestly, "I would be lying if I said that that wasn't part of it.  But I'm more worried with you.  What has gotten you in such a mood?"

 

"That would be none of your concern," Sesshoumaru told her straight out.

 

Kagura shrugged her shoulders in defeat.  "Well at least my friends are in a good mood.  You should hear Kouga today, ranting on about how he got to kiss Kagome last night and she didn't slap him.  Though, I don't suppose you care about our little lives now, do you?"

 

Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes at her.  If what she said was true, then Kagome kissing that fool last night wasn't just an accident.  It was no secret that Kouga was always trying to be a ladies man; he had dated just about every girl within a mile radius of school campus.  It also was no secret that he wasn't very good at it.  More often than not he would return from a date with a handprint on his face.  Whoever thought listening to Miroku's dating advice was a good thing seriously needed counseling. 

 

"I'm a busy man Kagura. I have no time to think about you and your friends.  My thanks for checking on me, but if you don't mind..."

 

"Of course, just know that if you need someone to talk to, or whatever," she added in a seductive tone, "I'll be around."  Kagura turned and left then, making sure to add just a slight more sway in her hips for good measure.

 

Sesshoumaru looked on as Kagura left the training dojo and then turned back to his work.  Sesshoumaru began to seriously reconsider his plans to visit Kagome that night lest his temper get the better of him. He was not one to ever really feel remorse, but at that moment he almost regretted Kagome being at this school.  All of this could have been avoided and he wouldn't have to be dealing with the sudden hardening of his heart.

 

‘These feelings are useless, she's just another girl; no sense in getting worked up over such trivial things,' Sesshoumaru told himself.  He needed something to distract himself with so he would no longer think of Kagome and her lying ways.  He looked back towards the door of the dojo where Kagura had just left and narrowed his eyes in thought before he returned to cleaning up the dojo. 

 

 

****

 

 

Kagome sunk down further beneath the blanket on her bed.  Sesshoumaru had seemed so cold to her that it tore her up inside, but she still could not find the strength to be mad at him.  She should have known that skipping out on their date would lead to nothing but bad reactions, but she did it so that they could be together easier, without the constant suspicion from everybody.  So much for well intended plans.

 

Kagome sighed as she continued her train of thought.  This entire ordeal was her fault and she just had to find a way to make it better.  The thought of losing Sesshoumaru was too much for her to bear and she was determined not to let that happen.  She just had to talk to him, and then she would make him understand.

 

With her resolve set, Kagome began planning her course of action.  She knew she could win him back; she just needed to be patient and persistent.  She quickly got out of bed and dressed before heading down the stairs. If she ran fast enough, she could still catch Sesshoumaru after Jujitsu practice. It wasn't too late.  Hopefully by the time she got there the other team members would have already left.

 

With a hard slam of the front door, Kagome sprinted across the shrine grounds, and headed back towards the school to put her plan into action.

 

 

****

 

 

Kagura panted as firm hands slid over her naked thighs while a very skilled tongue made its way over the skin of her neck.  She clawed at the muscled back as his warm mouth slowly made its way towards her breasts, taking in one at a time while roughly massaging the other in his hand.

 

"Mmmm, oh gods that feels good," she moaned as he went even lower still.

 

The male grunted his response and continued on his course to the warmth that was radiating off her moist center.  Kagura instinctively opened her legs a bit wider to accommodate him. Even though they were currently cramped in the backseat of her car, it was more than enough room for them to engage in their sinful acts as they were.

                                                                                       

His tongue darted out to taste her wetness and groaned into her, causing a wonderful vibration to be sent through her entire body.  She all but screamed out as he worked his magical appendage across her nether lips while his thumb rubbed over the bundle of nerves rested there.

 

Both of them were breathing hard as he continued to move his tongue frantically inside her.  Her hands came up to fist in his long hair and she pulled him closer to her still, afraid he would move away too soon.  Her eyes were closed in ecstasy as the heat in her lower abdomen became almost overwhelming.

 

"Oh gods...ungh...please...more," she panted throwing her head back as the feeling grew even more.

 

The male smirked in satisfaction at the effect he was having on this woman and slowly pulled away from his ministrations.  A whimper of protest left Kagura's mouth but was quickly silenced when he slammed his mouth onto hers.  She could taste herself on his lips, but that did nothing to hinder her actions, in fact, it made her even more aroused.

 

He ground his hips into hers allowing her to feel his growing erection against the inside of her thigh.  She gave a small mewling sound of need when she felt it and he took his chance to play with her a bit.

 

"Beg for it," he demanded of her in his deep, sultry voice.

 

"Pl...please..." she begged

 

"Not good enough," he said as he pressed more firmly against her.

 

"Oh gods please!" Kagura shouted.

 

He lifted up off of her a little in order to position himself at her entrance.  Using his hand to help guide him in he slowly entered her, causing them both to moan out low at the sensation.

 

He didn't have to worry about taking it easy with her; he knew it was not her first time with a man.  With a swift thrust of his hips he embedded himself fully into her.

 

Kagura nearly passed out due to the wonderful feeling of him inside of her, but was able to hang on to consciousness when he latched on to one of her breasts while pulling out of her nearly all the way before slamming into her once more.  She quickly wrapped her long legs around his wonderful body in order to hold him close to her as he quickened his pace.

 

The windows of the car had long ago fogged up with the steam rising from their bodies and their panting breaths even with them cracked a little.  Kagura left light red trails down his back as she ran her nails over him.  She was unable to keep up with his fast pace and found herself helpless underneath him and could only moan while he pounded into her willing body.

 

He could feel the all-tell clenching of her inner muscles and knew she was on the verge of climaxing.  He slowed his pace a bit to tease her, pulling out of her painstakingly slow before very gently gliding back in.

 

Kagura whimpered and resorted once again to begging him so she could reach completion.  "Please...please..." she whined.

 

"Please what?" he huskily breathed out.

 

"Please go faster...and harder!" she begged.

 

He did not take any more coaxing and once again quickened his pace.  The clenching was there again, but this time he pushed onward, going faster than he had before.  He grunted when he felt himself nearing and held out just long enough for her to come first.

 

"Oh gods Sesshoumaru!!!" Kagura called out as she was sent over the edge.

 

 

****

 

 

Kagome sprinted the entire way to the school, stopping only once to quickly catch her breath.  She looked down at her watch as she saw the school come into view and breathed a heavy sigh.  Jujitsu practice had finished nearly twenty minutes ago; she could only pray that Sesshoumaru would still be there so she could talk to him.

 

The halls in the school were empty as she jogged down the corridor towards the practice dojo.  The door was shut, but she knocked a few times for good measure in case he was still inside.  She waited patiently before pressing her ear against the door to try and listen for any sound from inside.  All was silent.

 

"Dammit!" Kagome cursed aloud.  She gave the door one last pound before she turned away to walk slowly home.

 

She was so sure that he would have still been there and that they were going to have the discussion that they needed in order to fix their broken relationship.  Her heart was heavy as she walked back down the hallways and she let loose a groan when she saw that the janitors had just locked her exit.  Stomping her feet in a small tantrum, Kagome turned around to go out the other, long way.

 

"This is just not my day," she said aloud to herself.  She kicked an unsuspecting rock that had so spitefully got in her way.  It sailed through the air a bit to hit the back of a car parked in the parking lot.

 

Kagome cringed when it hit, hoping that it didn't leave any dents before walking up to check.  Her steps fumbled a little when she heard a grunt come from inside the car.  Kagome's face turned three shades of red when she saw that the windows of the vehicle were thickly fogged up and it was rocking on its tires rhythmically. 

 

She knew she should have just walked away and left whoever was in the car alone, but human curiosity got the better of her and she stepped forward a little more.  Kagome covered her mouth with her hand to stifle the rising giggle coming from her belly when she realized whose car it was.

 

‘Oh my god, the girls are gonna freak when they hear this!" Kagome thought to herself.  She shook her head after that thought; she would never reveal such an intimate thing to the other girls without Kagura's permission.  But she'd be damned if she wasn't going to give Kagura a hard time about it!

 

Kagome smiled and shook her head at her friend's antics and turned to leave, but the next thing she heard made her stop dead in her tracks.

 

"Oh gods Sesshoumaru!!!" she heard Kagura scream out.  Kagome's blood ran cold as she stood in total shock in the parking lot.

 

‘She just screamed Sesshoumaru's name...oh my god, she just screamed Sesshoumaru's name!'  Kagome backed away from the car slowly before turning away fully and broke into a fast run.

 

‘She just screamed Sesshoumaru's name, she just screamed Sesshoumaru's name..."

 

That was the thought that carried a tearful Kagome all the way back to her house that night.  She cursed Sesshoumaru's name and cursed Kagura's name before she collapsed on her bed once again, sobbing into her pillow.