- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is for  Kristal shikon jewel maiden who was my first reviewer.

The Twist and Turns of Love and War

Chapter 4

Shippo's Dream:

I couldn't believe the turns this week has taken. Right after we returned we reported right to Lord Sesshomaru saying we did not find the human's castle, we had searched but found none. We did find a small group of ten humans far from the castle and took them with us. They were given to Master Inuyasha; I didn't even want to think what he was going to do to the poor souls at least that are what Yuliana had called them. Lord Sesshomaru told us that it was fine and we would set out in a week's time to try again. I still couldn't believe how well Yuliana was able to lie with a straight face and to Lord Sesshomaru. There must have been something he saw in her that he trusted her so much, little to his knowledge that she didn't like serving under him to fight in the war, even though for reasons she did not know, she hated to betray him, she didn't understand and told me that it just felt so wrong to lie to him, that something had called her to this place, to him just as it did with the humans place. She was so heartbroken from lying to him again that she almost cried that night, but she did that only in front of me away from all the others, to them she showed no emotion.

A few days later a few of the yōkai of the army ganged up on me and Yuliana, they said they knew the truth that we knew exactly where the humans where and that we were lying. She told them that we weren't and beat the crap out of them. They then and went and told Lord Sesshomaru but with one look at Yuliana he de-ranked the others and told them to leave his lands or they would be killed. They were pissed. Then everything went back to normal. With me and Yuliana doing small special missions for Lord Sesshomaru or Master Inuyasha, eventually Inuyasha began to suspect us too. It was about one day ago when something big happened.

I was running a small errand to a small yōkai village to stock up on some supplies with some of the other nicer yōkai who worked directly under Lord Sesshomaru, he refused to let me or Yuliana go anywhere with any of the yōkai soldiers. We were just about to leave when I was hit with this strange painful feeling that knocked me to my knees.

"Are you okay, Shippo?" Mira asked, she was on old elder panther yōkai, a personal maid of Sesshomaru's and my good friend.

Then I was hit with another wave of pain and I realized the feeling. "Yuliana!' I yelled and jumped unsteadily to my feet that Mira had to catch me and keep me steady till I found my own footing. "We need to find her…. She's in trouble…' I said out of breath as I began heading back in the direction of the castle as fast as I could run. I was following the feeling I had UN sure of where I was going but as I ran it lead me off the path and into the surrounding forest. Mira was right behind me and so were two other personal guards.

After about ten minutes the pain and feeling got so strong that it knocked me to my knees again and I was panting UN able to move. Mira had to carry me the rest of the way. Shortly after we jumped over a ground of hedges and bushes we landed in a clearing and what we saw froze us in our tracks. Before us in the clearing was Inuyasha, his sword – the Tetsusaiga – draw and covered in blood, around him stood ten other yōkai soldiers, their weapons where to coated with fresh or dried blood. Before him on the ground was my friends Nana, Katsumi, Kiawah, and Yuliana. Yuliana was the only one alive the other three where sliced to pieces or soaked in their own blood. Yuliana was too covered from head to toe in blood, hers or the others, we couldn't tell, she didn't look to hurt to be covered in that much blood, her eyes were filled with fear and she was frozen in spot staring at Inuyasha.

"Master Inuyasha!" Mira gasped at the sight of her friends lying dead on the ground. "What is this?" She demanded her eyes flashing red.

"She is a traitor!" Inuyasha hissed as he turned to look at us. His eyes where a bright piercing red that made as all steep back a step as he glared at all of us. "And so is he!" He pointed to sword at me, Mira's arms tightened around me.

"Lord Sesshomaru will not approve of this!" Mira said steeping back as Inuyasha steeped towards us. The guards steep in front of us and the yōkai soldiers advanced on them.

"Let your guard down!" Inuyasha commanded out guards."If you are going to protect those who side with them, then you too will die!"

"How is it that they are traitors?" Mira asked, her voice was shaky but her body held still and showed no sign of fear.

"They lied about finding the humans castle. I know they did! I had one of my men follow them and he saw all and heard all. "Inuyasha cursed. "Why Sesshomaru decides to believe her I don't know. But he will not find out about this. All witnesses will die!" He swung his sword and the yōkai soldiers attacked us. Our two guards where down in minutes leaving us out numbered greatly. Inuyasha was just about to charge attack us, I closed my eyes as did Mira as she held me tightly close to her, her back to Inuyasha, and me held in front of her. I wanted to tell her to run so she wouldn't be killed and tell Lord Sesshomaru. I hoped that he would side with us, even though to everyone else he seemed like a cold heartless being, Yuliana and I knew he cared even if he refused to show or admit it. 'Cause why else would he do what he has been doing for me and Yuliana? There had to be a reason right?

Then just as we thought we were about to die the ringing of metal clashing with metal echoed throughout the area. We turned around to see Yuliana face to face with Inuyasha, her sword blocking his Tetsusaiga with ease. Mira and I sighed both with relief. At least she was okay. The yōkai soldiers watched in surprise.

"Run!" Yuliana yelled as she stepped back free from Inuyasha's sword. She stood ready to attack him in front of us. "Go Shippo. Go where I told you were you'll be safe. I'll join you when I can." She said and charged Inuyasha. The sound of clashing metal echoed throughout the area. Mira looked to me and I nodded to her as she took off.

"Go after him!" I heard Inuyasha yell just before the sound of clashing metal echoed throughout the area again.

I looked over Mira's shoulder as she ran with the speed the panther yōkai are quiet known for. But I knew we couldn't out run them forever or lead them to the human's castle. Behind us ran over half of the other yōkai and they were following behind, for now. We ran for about ten minutes before I told Mira to stop and place me down.

"Why are we stopping? They'll catch up." She said as she placed me on a fallen tree.

"I need you to lead them away from here back to the castle and tell Lord Sesshomaru. I can't lead them to where I am to go. I'm sorry for betraying you Mira, but you must know. I and Yuliana did find the human's castle. And for some reason Yuliana couldn't bring herself to bring harm to them. She told me how she had this strange feeling that her past and her destiny lie with the human's and with their help she can figure out what it is. But please don't tell Lord Sesshomaru that. Yuliana can't bare it to much more lying to him and it kills her for betraying him, it really does. I'm so sorry you where brought into this. Please be careful. If I can I'll come get you too. "I promised. She nodded and hugged me.

"Be careful, Shippo. You are like a son to me and I hate to see you harmed. I will tell Lord Sesshomaru what Master Inuyasha is up to, but I will not tell him of what is really true. Take care."She kissed my forehead and ran off. I felt so much dread to see her run off, I would probably never see again as I turned and ran towards the human's place, carefully picking out my paths to try and confuse anyone that had tried to follow me.

For about thirty minutes of running, I thought no one was following me but I was wrong. I was soon hit with something hard in the back that made me fall and tumble into a tree. I stood dizzily and saw that a huge rock was what had hit me in the back, and a few feet behind me stood a wolf yōkai. He was one of Inuyasha's soldiers; a long black whip was coiled in his hand. I stood there frozen in fear, there was no way I could escape him nor could I lead him to the Human's castle. I just didn't know what to do, he was too strong for me to defeat on my own. Just then he charged at me, his teeth and fangs barred.

I ducked and jumped to the side, into a roll and sprang on to my feet just as he nearly crashed into the tree. I blinked then turn and ran as fast as I could away from him. But I only got a few feet away before I heard the sharp crack of the whip and felt the deep lashing pain on my back as it hit my back sending be flying forewords. I couldn't stand I was too stunned to move. That's when he cracked the whip across my back again then one more time, with one part of the whip digging deep into my one arm right before it fell quiet.

I was too scared and in too much pain to move. But I listened intently, but all I heard was heavy breathing and the sound of someone sheathing their sword as a loud thump hit the ground. Then I felt soft hands scoop me up into warm arms. I sat frozen scared but I then recognized the scent and relaxed. I looked up into the face of my savor and sighed sadly. "Mira I thought I told you to go back to the castle."

"I couldn't let you go out on your own, not with one of them following." She said softly and began running towards the human's castle, just how she knew where she was going I did not know, I don't remember telling her.

"How do you know where to go?' I asked her then eyes the sword that hung at her left hip, it wasn't there before and neither where the blood stains on her clothing. "What happened?"

"Miss Yuliana came back and saved me, she said Master Inuyasha had run away and she followed after us. She took down the ones that followed; surprisingly with the wounds she has I'm surprised she lasted. She also gave me the sword and told me to take care of you." She frowned, sadness filled her eyes. She never liked to fight; I hated to put her through this.

"Is she okay?' I choked out the last word.

"I… I don't know…." Mira said and her eyes began to water. "She took down the yōkai that followed me, but she was bleeding so much, she had so many wounds and could barely move. She said she was going to get to Lord Sesshomaru before Inuyasha did. I hope she makes it…." Her voice was soft.

"So do I…" I sighed sadly a tear rolling down my cheek. She promise to find me there, I really hoped she kept to it, now I don't know.

"We are getting close." Mira said after a very long while of silence.

I nodded too weak to talk. Mira ran for a while longer before she came to a stop and the heavy scent of burning wood and human's filled my senses. "We are here." She whispered so softly that I was glad I had extra sensitive hearing to hear her. She then placed me onto my feet. "You must go on from here…" She continued in a whisper "I will find Yuliana and bring her hear as well. Please take it easy Shippo." She kissed my head and then was gone.

I blinked and tried to keep myself up as I climbed over the last of shrubbery and onto the dead land of the humans. I snuck towards the back of the castle and climbed, very careful to the window Yuliana told me go to. I really hoped this person would help me. I didn't know how much longer I could live for.

I made it to the sill and sat there waiting as my vision began to go black around the edges. Just then a door open and I heard a sharp intake of breath. I looked to the girl and pleaded for her to help me before everything went black.

Soon everything was black around me but I still felt. Was I dead or was this a dream? I couldn't tell all I could hear now was this deep demonic evil laughter that echoed around me. "I will be coming for you, Shippo! Yuliana and the Shikon no Tama!" It laughed over and over again.

End of Shippo's dream:

Shippo woke with a start, sitting up with small beads of sweat rolling down the back of his neck. He looked around the room and saw the human girl, Kagome, sitting on the floor next to the bed. She was leaning back against it, her head on the mattress her eyes closed, as her chest rise in feel in a rhythmic pattern to her sleep. Shippo let out a soft sigh and knew it was a bad dream. But what was with the last part? And why did it want the Shikon no Tama?

He had heard of the Shikon no Tama once before, it's also known as the Jewel of the Four Souls and known to hold a lot of power. But no one knew where this jewel was, but rumor had it that a very strong and powerful Miko has it hidden behind finding, but no one has ever found it. Shippo was sitting thinking just who this person could be and why they could want this jewel. And if Yuliana would come and find him like she promised.

Chapter End Notes:
Review and I will update more