- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer:All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you enjoy.

Pain

Pain is what Kagome felt when she woke up that morning, pain in her lower back. As she looked up from her laying position all she saw was one thing and one thing only: her swollen stomach. It had been about seven months since she found out and she still couldn’t wait for what was going to be. She and Inuyasha would be parents. Parents she always wanted to have children, but when she was younger she had no idea she was going to be mated with Inuyasha.  Inuyasha, during these seven months she was wondering how good of a father Inuyasha would be. Not that she thought he was going to be a terrible one it’s just well, he could be a little short tempered sometimes. Though, through the months Inuyasha proved to be more caring and patient then she ever thought possible. She looked over at her sleeping partner to stare into deep liquid gold eyes.

“Morning beautiful” Inuyasha said kissing Kagome’s fore head. 

       “Good morning” Kagome said snuggling closer to Inuyasha.

   “Hungry?” He said kissing her slowly and tenderly while getting up to go to the kitchen.

                        “Starving” She said trying to get up to follow him.

     “Where do you think you’re going?” Inuyasha said sternly gently pushing Kagome back on the bed. “You’re carrying a fragile package that shouldn’t be moved too much. You know that Kagome.” He said gently touching her swollen stomach.

     “Yes, you are right I should be more careful, but you don’t have to treat me like I’m handicapped Inuyasha!” Kagome said frustrated with herself.  Inuyasha would never let her do something like that without his help.  She lay back looking at her stomach which was as big as a house. Kagome was still contemplating on names and Inuyasha only had one which was a boy name which she didn’t really like either. Though, she didn’t mind if the child was a boy or girl, but Inuyasha kept insisting that it was going to be a boy. She was thinking about naming the child after her mother or, maybe even Inuyasha’s mother. I bet he would like that, she thought to herself. Maybe, if it was a boy she could name him after her bother. Her heart sunk a little; she missed them all so much.

               “Here you are.” Inuyasha said handing Kagome her breakfast. He sat down beside her enjoying the warmth of the early morning summer.

“Inuyasha, we haven’t really discussed what we are going to name him/her” She said slowly eating her breakfast and looking over to Inuyasha to see his reaction. She had been willing to debate about this for quite some time now. ‘I guess we just put it off for too long’ she thought to herself.

  “Well, you already know my opinion already Kagome, I know it’s going to be a boy. All powerful blood lines have boy’s first and usually only boys.” He said looking back at her. “If it’s a boy we should name him Taichi, after my great, great, great, grandfather.”  

     “Well, what if you’re wrong and it is a girl, what would we name her then.” Kagome said trying to keep Inuyasha open minded.

           “If I’m wrong you can name it anything you want.” Inuyasha replied getting up and taking Kagome’s empty plate. “But, I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a boy”

               “Well, what about Kun-Loon, or Sora, or Shizuki?” Kagome asked perplexed. There were a thousand girl names in her head she just couldn’t choose. “Or, what about your mother’s name Izayoi.” This got Inuyasha’s attention.

    “I think that would be a great name Kagome.” Inuyasha said walking back into the room to help Kagome up off the bed. Kagome walked slowly, but surely do to her ginormous size. As, Kagome stopped at her wardrobe she wondered what she was going to where today. They were going to see Sango and Miroku today around the afternoon time. So, she should probably wear something a little nice. She opened up the wardrobe to reveal her modern day clothes and her newer kimonos Inuyasha had bought her. Looking for her favorite, she picked out a light pink kimono with light lavender floral patterns. As, she slipped it on she looked down to see her enormous stomach. ‘Wow….I am as big as a house.’ She thought tying up her kimono and placing her hands on her belly.  She rubbed it soothingly. Unknown to her Inuyasha came up to her and wrapped his arms around her. She relaxed in his hold. Then, as if the child had felt it’s father’s presence the baby started to kick. Both of them gasped. It had never done that before. Yes a few flutters her and there, but never a good strong kick.

At Sango and Miroku’s home things seemed a little hectic. The twins were running all over the place and the very pregnant Sango and Kagome where watching them take down Shippo for the umpteenth time. Meanwhile, this was going on Inuyasha and Miroku where outside speaking with each other.  “Man I can’t wait to be like you guys” Inuyasha said looking back at the bouncing twins; healthy, and beautiful. “But, you know I’m nervous, what if I’m not a good dad.”

    “Inuyasha do not worry about being a good father because I know you will be a great father.” Miroku said looking at Inuyasha. “I was worried about the same thing when those two came along. When you finally get to hold that little bundle of joy you will realize something.”

       “What? What do you realize?” Inuyasha said looking back at Miroku.

           “You will realize that you’ll never let them go.” Miroku said standing up. “Come on Inuyasha let’s get back to the house.”

                    “All right” Inuyasha said standing up and following him. Over the course of the evening they had dinner and played a little bit more with the twins.  Shippo had quite a rough day so he had retired early because of his journey to the fox demon exam the next morning. Kagome and Inuyasha had left shortly after the twins had fallen asleep. They soon after fell asleep themselves when they returned.                                                                                      

Anger

It boiled in her soul like a pot of scalding tea ready to explode.  She sauntered on gracefully yet, almost burning everything in her path. The ungrateful dog. One thing was however was certain; he was never to do so again or she would slit his throat with her poisoned claws.  It was even more angering news to hear that they would have an heir before them.  That would never happen. She snickered under her breath. Yes, it would never happen that’s was absolutely certain.  No matter how much it caused them pain she would take away their little bundle of joy. Her poison would take care of that.  She wasn’t nice; she wasn’t even a chaotic neutral. She was absolutely evil; pure all the way from her gorgeous purple hair to her clawed toes. Her soul was as black as coal and her heart was covered in a thick layer of ice.  

 She was however unhappy with her life; her love life was uneventful and possibly didn’t exist. Her new life arranged for her was filled with heartbreak and betrayal. Though, it was unknown to her. Really her own life was based on convenience. What was good at the time was decided for her; no one cared about her opinion, nor did anyone ask for it.  That’s exactly what made her so, miserably bitter towards any sign of happiness in anyone that she resented. This time she saw a sign of hope. If she could only accomplish her mission she just might be cared for. Her only wish was to be adored by someone; not to be ignored by everyone who just wanted what was best for her. This was her dream and this unborn child was getting in the way of that, but not to worry; it would soon be taken care of. Soon, and very soon.