- Text Size +

Good Morning  

    Indeed, the next morning was just as good as the last; the warmth of the sun reflected upon Kagome’s eyes which made her stir. She was comforted by the light of the sun and the giant lump of heat lying beside her. Inuyasha had always been several degrees warmer than she was because of his dog like traits; his average body temperature hovered around 100 to 104 degrees. She snuggled a bit closer thinking of what was on today’s agenda.  After breakfast she was to get dressed and to get traveling herbs to take with them to visit Koga and Ayame before the baby was born. The journey was going to take all day, and she was barely going to walk at all. Inuyasha insisted that he should carry her.  Just thinking of him made her feel all war and fuzzy. Inuyasha, my husband. She absolutely loved the thought of it. After, all it was the beginning of their finally semi-normal lives after the defeat of Naraku. Semi-normal, she loved the thought of that too. No, they would never be completely normal; but then again who was? She jumped through a well to go back in time for Pete’s sake.

She slowly opened her eyes when she felt Inuyasha’s heated body move from the bed. “Good morning.”  She said slowly sitting up, which was semi-difficult for her.

“Morning.” Inuyasha replied in the kitchen cooking their breakfast. Today was going to be a long day so; they should better get an early start.   “Remember we had better get an early start so, we can get to Koga’s earlier to play with the kids.”  He said bringing her a gargantuan plate of food. “We also need to keep your strength up. Eat this.” He handed her the plate and her eyes grew to the size of dinner plates.

            “All of it?” She asked weakly. How could Inuyasha expect her to eat all of this food?

 “All of it.” He replied digging into his own humungous breakfast. Kagome just gaped at the large mound of food that she was about to consume. She started to tackle the pile one bite at a time until she surprisingly was finished with a full stomach.

          “Whew, that was…a lot of food….” Kagome said almost exhausted from eating that much. “Now would you please help me up before I explode from eating too much?” She said place her feet on the floor beside the bed and getting ready to stand. Inuyasha came over and helped her stand up and walk over to her wardrobe.  When she got there Kagome wonder which kimono she was to wear today. Since her modern clothes and her miko clothes did not fit her anymore due to the large infant growing inside her all that she could wear were kimonos. As, she looked at each one trying to decide which one was appropriate to wear she saw a tiny glint of purple out of the corner of her eye wondering what it was she turned around to see what it was, but she realized nothing was there….or so she thought that was.

 

 Yew for hunger, juniper berries for strength, water mint for stomach ache, and poppy seed for pain.

            Kagome kept repeating this in her head as Inuyasha leapt on.  She had to remember this in order a dire emergency would pop up. Kagome would have to be prepared. Now let’s see what else was there? Oh, marigold for infections, tansy for coughs, and….what else? Darn I know Kaede told me something for fevers…..was it borage leaves? Yes, it was borage leaves for fever. Kagome recited in her head for the last time. As if, she needed tansy for coughing, Inuyasha didn’t have a cold, but she never knew when she would need something like marigold. It was very important to remember these kinds of things.

After about what seemed like ages they finally arrived at the wolf demon territory; in which they were greeted by the millions of wolf demon followers of Koga. As they were escorted to the demon wolf den, Kagome got to catch up with Ginta and Haku. “So, guys everything going well since I’ve been gone?” Kagome said looking at her wolf demon friends.

    “Well, hunting has been great and Yoshi and Hayato have grown a lot since you guess have been gone.” Ginta reported smiling at Kagome.

                “We should know too, we are the ones that raise them when Ayame and Koga are well, you know how it is between them.” Haku stated leading Kagome under the waterfall that head the large cave full of wolves and wolf demons. The smell of raw meat and forest hung in the air, as Kagome walked on. She looked over to Inuyasha to see his expression which was the same as always his face was neutral and his nose was plugged.  When they turned at the corner Kagome could hear the voices of Koga and Ayame reprimanding one of their two boys about not punching their sibling in the face. Kagome chuckled when she heard the argument. Oh, what did Yoshi do this time? She could only imagine the rambunctious six year old going by his own rules.   When they came into sight the discussion automatically stopped as Yoshi almost tackled Kagome to the ground because of his excitement.

“Auntie Kagome! Auntie Kagome!” Yoshi said hugging Kagome tightly. “I can’t believe you’re here! Hold on I got to get Hayato.” Yoshi said giving her a kiss on the cheek and running away to go find his younger less hyper brother.

“Kagome, Inuyasha, how great is to see you two.” Ayame said coming over to give Kagome a warm hug. “How are you feeling after such a long trip?”

      “Well, Ayame I can’t complain I didn’t even do the walking. Inuyasha carried me most of the way.” Kagome said sitting down on one of the plush like pelts.

“Well, he should have especially in your condition Kagome.” Koga said taking a seat next to her.

     “Yes, Koga’s right, but I’m glad you two got here safely and that’s all that matters” Ayame said also sitting down. “I know Yoshi really appreciates it when you to come because he loves playing with you guys and Hayato also appreciates you two being here so he doesn’t have to handle Yoshi by himself.” Lord only knows how much Yoshi Hayato could take. Hayato though despite his age has more patience then a full grown man at times.

           “Well, I’m always glad to play with Yoshi and Hayato they are so rambunctious and fun to play with.” Kagome said and at that moment Yoshi burst into the room with his ever so patient younger brother Hayato who had his red hair ruffled and a purple bruise on his right eye. Poor Hayato, what had Yoshi done this time?

Snicker

How naïve they were; they had not even felt her presence when she had followed them. Nor, did had hanyou picked up her scent. How unfortunate for them….at least they won’t know what had hit them.  She felt like a cobra poised and ready to kill her unsuspecting prey. Though, she had almost been seen by the human at their hut. She wanted to leave them scared frightened; scarred for life. For after she was finished with them their lives would never be the same. She snickered at the thought of seeing them in so much pain and anguish. She was going to let them live however, but merciful she was not. She was going to kill their precious pride and joy, making it so that they would never produce a heir before her, because she was also impregnated. This made her laugh even more.  By the time they would be walking back to their home she would attack them, knock the hanyou unconscious and then kill the unborn child. This was her plan, a good one at that too. The unborn child would be taken care of and the soon to be mother would either bleed to death or, be saved by the hanyou. It really depended on when he woke up, and it didn’t matter to her if the human died or, lived. Sesshomaru was going to be so pleased.