- Text Size +
Chapter 8
Both Sango and Kagome were sitting on some random bleachers. Kagome caressed her badly wounded hand that was now wrapped, due to her punching the ground the night before. Due to her emotional and physical wounds, she decided not to go to school today. Sango hadn’t left her side since last night.
“I won’t force you to tell me what happened to you last night…but, if you want a shoulder to cry on, I’m here.” Sango said softly.
Kagome didn’t respond, she actually didn’t show any signs of even hearing a word Sango just said. She just stared into space. That’s all she had been doing since she found the will to finally stop crying. Kagome was still hurting though, but she knew she couldn’t keep showing that.
“How have you been since you had your baby…?” Sango tried again, she was beginning to get a little worried that Kagome was so unresponsive. It was like physically she was there, but she was a mindless, soulless puppet.
‘I knew better…I knew I shouldn’t have let him back in my life. I’m so stupid! And now, not only does this affect me, but it will hurt my daughter. I promised to never let anyone hurt her the way I was hurt…and I let her down.’
“Kagome…?” Sango was waving a hand in Kagome’s face trying to get her attention. “Are you alright?”
Kagome’s face faltered and she slightly turned away from Sango, “Sango…why are you here?” She asked very monotone. But, it was no secret that the two of them hadn’t spoken in years since she started dating Inuyasha. Sango had become very jealous of her relationship with him back then, and gave Kagome an ultimatum: him or her. ‘Like the idiot I was…I chose him over my bestfriend.’
“I-I…” Sango sighed, she hadn’t expected Kagome to hit her with a question like that. “Honestly, I don’t know. I know we had our differences in the past, and I was a pretty terrible friend to you. But, I don’t feel like me finding you last night was an accident.”
This wasn’t the type of thing Kagome felt like hearing right now. She wanted to be left alone more than anything in order to figure out where she should go with her life now that Inuyasha is out of the picture. She’ll eventually have to quit school again to go back to work full time because without Inuyasha’s help, she won’t make enough to pay bills and take care of herself and Ira.
She took a deep breath, “I’m going for a walk…” Kagome said and stood up.
“Wait!” Sango bellowed and stopped her.
“I heard what you said, Sango. Yes, you were a rotten friend…but I wasn’t much better. Either way, I really don’t want to have this talk right now. I just want to be by myself.” Kagome answered earnestly. “I really need to clear my head.
Sango nodded her head and let her leave. She knew Kagome well enough to know when her mind was made, there is no changing it. “Just promise me that we will talk…” She asked.
Kagome let out a deep breath, “At some point…”
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
Inuyasha sat at his big office desk unable to focus on any of his work. The events of the night before still played in his head. He was angry…but more so hurt. He couldn’t believe that the one woman that he would have given the world to could have been so dishonest. Still, he felt like part of his pain was his own fault.
“Damnit!” He yelled, while standing up at walking over to his mantle with the various framed pictures of his memories. He picked up the one of him and Kagome from when they were together and threw it across the room. The frame hit the wall, and broke into several pieces. But, what really caught his eye was the folded up piece of paper that fell out of it when the frame broke.
“What’s this…” He whispered to himself while picking it up and unfolding it.
Dear Son,
If you are reading this, I am probably already dead. I have written this letter several times before I could find the right words to tell you what I am about to tell you right now. I know that I haven’t been much of a father to you and your brother, and you have the right to know why I did the things that I did. All I ask is that you read this letter in its entirety. It will be worth it to you in the long run.
First and foremost, you must understand that everything that I did to you and your brother was for our family and our company. I had to make some sacrifices in order to become the business man that I am. You too will have to learn to make those same sacrifices. Sometimes it even means to take from the people that you love. In this world, there really is no difference between good and bad. There is only power, and you need to do what needs to be done in order to attain, and keep that power.
With that being said, here is the truth about what has happened to the company. I had a problem with spending more money than the company was bringing which caused us to go into a serious debt. In order to pay off some of those debts, I had to borrow money from other people…money I had no intention of paying back of course. This, inevitably only put Takahashi Inc. in even more debt. Especially which the money that was borrowed was from the company Kikyo, your wife’s family owns. I ended up owing that family a quarter of a billion dollars, which got me into big trouble.
In order to pay it off, I had it put in writing that whatever money Takahashi Inc. brings in, will go directly to them, which is why were still losing money. The only way I could prevent us from going into bankruptcy was to sell one of my sons. As you know, initially, Sesshomaru was the immediate successor, and he was the one that was to be sold and a husband to Kikyo. Unfortunately, he found out about this and did not take too kindly to being sold, and in order to keep his mouth shut from you, I took his entitlement, his name and disowned him from the family. That’s right, he didn’t leave the family…I forced him out because he knew the truth, before he was supposed to know.
That in turn, left the fall onto you. You were the only that was given as a scapegoat in order to relieve the company of debt. But I was fooled by them and didn’t fully read the contract. I was so caught up in what I wanted and needed that I didn’t realize that I ended causing more hurt than help to my company. By giving you to them, I basically handed them my company and all of my money because allowing you to marry Kikyo made her entitled to half of everything owned by Takahashi Inc. At least until, she is legally allowed to divorce you. The contract states that you two will legally split the company and money during the probation period of your marriage…which is three years. After the probation period is over, Kikyo can legally divorce you and claim everything, leaving you with nothing. Which, I’m sure is what she is planning on doing anyway. That whole family is sneaky; you have to watch that girl because I am sure she knows all of this. The only way to avoid all of this is for you to have a child of your own. Kikyo cannot claim anything if there is an immediate blood line in waiting simply because Kikyo is a Takahashi by marriage and not birth. The contract that you both signed cannot deny someone’s birth right. If you have an immediate bloodline, you gain everything and Kikyo is left with nothing. You can divorce her at any time.
With that being said, I know how much you deeply loved that girl Kagome. And I truly am sorry for putting you through this and making my problems yours. I also would not blame you if you never forgive me. But, I left you this window open for you to free yourself. All you have to do is take it. If you really want that girl, go after her and start the family that you want. Not the one I forced on you.
I wish you the best,
Inutashio
Inuyasha didn’t know what to make of the letter his father left behind for him…other than the fact that he gave him props for hiding it in a picture of himself and Kagome. But, it still left his mind racing with questions. If all that was true, and Kikyo knew this…was she plotting this whole time? Was she putting up this façade of actually caring just to gain his trust? It would make sense, that way he wouldn’t suspect that she was scheming behind his back. And, what about those DNA results? If Kikyo knew she would lose everything because Inuyasha had a kid from a previous relationship…it would make sense for her to lead him to believe Ira wasn’t his daughter.
He took a quick glance at the calendar. It was late February…the 25th to be exact. May 25th would mark three years that he would have been married to Kikyo. He has exactly three months to get to the bottom of this and find out if he was being played like a fool all this time. “If Kikyo were planning on divorcing me, she would have already had to have started having all of the paperwork arranged for it to take effect immediately after our three year anniversary.”
Inuyasha took another look at the letter before picking up the picture he thrust across the room. “Everything always seems to somehow root back to you Ms. Higurashi…” He said, “But I’m going to get to the bottom of this.”
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
Kagome yawned deeply while wiping down the bar table of the diner she was employed at. It was already after midnight and she knew she wouldn’t see her bed until at least four in the morning. But, she had to make up those hours that Ayame covered for her the other night even if it meant being the only waitress on duty for the night. Lucky for her, since she was the only person on duty…besides the chef, she was able to bring Ira in for the night. She hated making her daughter sleep in the car seat, behind the counter, but what choice did she have?
“You look exhausted, Kagome…” The male voice rang in her ears through the order winder that lead to the kitchen.
She whipped a few beads of sweat from her face and yawned once more, “Yea…a little bit. But, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.” Kagome turned to the kitchen window, “And what about you, Kouga? How do you have so much energy at this hour?”
“Well, since I only work the overnight shift…I have ability to sleep during the day. But you, you look like you haven’t seen sleep in a couple of days. Is everything alright?”
“Yes…and no…I don’t know what I am right now. But, you’re right, I haven’t gotten much sleep in the past few days.” Kagome answered, and almost immediately following, her stomach growled loudly.
Kouga furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the thin girl with admiration. “It sounds as if you haven’t been eating much either.”
She didn’t answer.
“You know, you’ll make yourself sick if you keep going on like this? What’s the matter?” Kouga started to really look at Kagome, “Have you been crying? Or are you just naturally puffy?”
Kagome raised an eyebrow at him, “I’m…not sure if that was a legitimate question, or an insult.”
Kouga threw his hands up in defense. “Hey, no worries. I come in peace, I swear. Now, how about I make you a sandwich while you tell me what’s going on in your life?”
“No, it’s fine…you don’t have to-”
“Kagome, you are not leaving this diner until you’ve had something to eat. Because, I know that when you leave after your shift, you aren’t going to go home and eat. So, you are going to eat something now!” He cut her off.
Kagome nodded, and decided it was best not to argue. After all, she was hungry…there wasn’t any denying that.
A few short moments later, Kouga rang the bell in the window signaling Kagome that her sandwich was ready. She chuckled because he rang the bell like she wasn’t the only other person in the diner.
“Here you are, turkey and cheese on rye!” Kouga said softly while handing her the plate. Kagome took it and sat up on the bar table so she could continue to talk to Kouga and eat at the same time. “So tell me, what has been going on in your life these days? We really don’t see each other much since you usually work in the afternoons.”
“I really don’t feel like talking about my dysfunctional life right now, I’ve had a lot happened in the past several weeks.” She replied.
“What better way to get things off your chest than to talk about them.”
After taking a few bites of her sandwich, Kagome looked at Kouga quizzically. “Do you actually really care?”
“Of course care,” He answered.
Kagome sighed and contemplated what parts to tell, and what to keep to herself. “Well, I have been having a lot of issues with my ex-boyfriend.”
“If he’s an ex, why are you having problems?”
“Because, he also happens to be my daughter’s father.”
Kouga’s eyes widened and he looked over at the sleeping baby behind the counter. “I thought you and her father weren’t on good terms. That’s what Ayame told me, at least.”
“We weren’t…but then, ugh…it’s a lot to explain. But now, he suspects that Ira isn’t even his daughter now and I don’t know what to do, think or say. Part of me wants to just say screw it and move on with my life as it was before he welcomed himself into it…but the other part of me…”
“Still might care…?” He asked.
“It’s more than just care…I haven’t been able to let go of my feelings for that man since he broke my heart years-”
The bell on the front door rang, signaling that someone had come inside the diner. It was a women wearing a sunhat and big sunglasses.
“Well she’s not suspicious at all, it’s dark as well outside and she comes in here wearing a hat and sunglasses. Where is the sun?” Kouga whispered to Kagome.
“In her head…”She answered while picking up a notepad and pen to take the woman’s order. Kagome walked over to the booth. “It’s not very sunny out this late at night.” She joked, but the woman didn’t laugh with her, so Kagome cleared her throat and got down to business. “So, can I start you off with a drink?”
“I didn’t come here to eat, I came here to talk.” The woman said and removed her hat and glasses.
“Kikyo…?” Kagome said in a low growl and her blood pressure started to rise.
“Aw, you seem so displeased to see me.” She replied sarcastically.
Kagome folded her arms, “What do you want, Kikyo? Are you here to take my job away from me too?”
Kikyo rolled her eyes, “Oh please, I don’t want you pathetic job. I merely came to deliver you with some good news.”
“No news is good when it’s coming from you…”
“Are you sure…?” Kikyo looked at her with a raised eyebrow.
Kagome clenched her lips and sat down at the booth across from Kikyo. “Stop beating around the bush and tell me what you came here to tell me, so you can leave! I don’t like the vibe you give off.”
Kikyo decided to let her comment roll off her shoulder and got to the chase. “You still love Inuyasha…don’t you?”
“I thought this was you were here to give me good news, not questioning me about how I feel about an old flame.”
“You’re right,” She replied with a bored expression, “Besides, I already know the answer. It’s written all over your face. You’ve had the same look from the moment I first saw you back in Inuyasha’s office. You love him, and you feel guilty about loving him. Well, I’m here to tell you that you don’t have to feel guilty anymore. He’s still in love with you too…and it’s because of this that he can’t build a steady relationship with me-”
“What does any of this have to do with me, Kikyo?”
“Because,” She held up three fingers. “In three months…I’m divorcing him. Then, he will be all yours for the taking.”
Kagome squinted her eyes, “What’s the point of telling me this? You’ve already made it so he doesn’t trust…or speak to me. And honestly, after the things he’s said to me in the past…why would I even want him back in my life!?”
“Because, deep down…you know you still want him and you want Ira to grow up with both mommy and daddy in the same house.”
“Yes, but…unfortunately, you made it so Inuyasha believe that Ira isn’t his daughter. Even though you and I both know that he is, you vindictive bitch!” Kikyo slapped Kagome across the face. The action caught Kagome so off guard that she fell out of the booth and onto the floor. While cupping her cheek, she glared back up at Kikyo.
“Watch your tone, because believe it or not…I’m doing you a favor right now. If you would just shut your mouth and listen, you will find out how this all works in your favor!” Kikyo pulled out a white letter envelope. “I have the real DNA results right here…and you can have them; right here…and right now.”
Kagome stood up and sat back down at the booth. She was still stunned that Kikyo just struck her in the face, but was still listening for the catch 22 that would come with bargaining with Kikyo. “Go on…”
“All you have to do is promise not to try and contact, speak to, or associate with Inuyasha until after our divorce is finalized on May 26th. After that, he is all yours! You can take him these test results and even expose me as a liar. Of course, once I am no longer tied to him, whatever you say about me won’t even matter. “
“And what if I don’t wait until after your divorce?” Kagome raised an eyebrow. “Who’s to say I won’t take that envelope and run straight to Inuyasha with it?”
Kikyo laughed, “Oh, I know you won’t. Because before you even have the chance to…I’ll have child protective services on your door ready and willing to deem you as an unfit mother and take that little girl from you, forever…and we wouldn’t want that.”
Kagome’s face fell in horror, “You wouldn’t…”
“I don’t want to…but I will if you don’t do as I say. So, how about it?” Kikyo asked with a sly smirk across her face.
“Fine,” Kagome answered while balling her hands into fists, “I won’t speak to Inuyasha…”
Kikyo smiled and slid the envelope across the table toward Kagome, “Here is your payment for your silence. It was nice doing business with you.” She said and put her hat and sunglasses back on.
Kagome watched as Kikyo left out the front door of her diner. She couldn’t believe that Kikyo was blackmailing her the way that she was…and for what? What was she hiding? Why was Kikyo making it so that she couldn’t talk to Inuyasha? “What’s she hiding?” After Kikyo was no longer in eye or earshot, Kagome walked back over to her place behind the counter where Kouga was still waiting in the window.
“Is everything alright, Kagome?” He asked.
Kagome blinked a few times and clenched her lower stomach, “I feel very nauseous right now-” Kagome couldn’t fight the urge to puke any longer and ran into the ladies room to release the only thing on her stomach which was the sandwich from earlier. After about five minutes, she flushed the toilet and cleaned her face at the sink. “That was really weird…”
“Kagome, are you alright in there?” Kouga asked from outside of the door.
“Yes, I’ll be out in a minute.” She replied and started getting herself back together. “Something is going on…and I’ve got to try and find out what.”
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
Three weeks have passed since Inuyasha first laid eyes on that letter his father left him, and still he had no leads on if Kikyo was plotting to divorce him and run away with what was left his money. Time was slowly slipping by him and he still hadn’t found the answers to any of his questions.
He logged into his email on his office computer and saw that he had gotten a response from a privet detective he had hired about a week or so earlier to help him with digging up information. The email merely said for Inuyasha to give him a call, which is exactly what he did. The phone rang for what seemed like an eternity before there was an answer.
“Detective Shippo,”
“It’s me…you have any news?”
“Inuyasha? Yes, after doing some digging I found that a third party has been taking out a portion of funds from your company’s account before the money actually reaches you. I don’t know what this third party is…all I could uncover were the initials N.O. do you have any ideas?”
Inuyasha scratched his head, “N.O. I haven’t the slightest clue. Do you know how long this has been going on?”
“A little over two years…maybe a bit longer. That’s not all Inuyasha, some of my privet investigators have noticed your wife sneaking out of the house at really late hours of the nights every so often. The first few times, they didn’t follow her and just took it as wanting to get some late night air. But, as the behavior began getting to be more frequent, we got suspicious. About twice a week she has been doing this same routine. She dressed in a black pea coat, big-black sunglasses and a large sunhat. She walks about 6 blocks away from your house and gets into a dark car with tinted windows. We’re not sure what transpires inside of the car, but every time she gets out of it, she has a large brown legal envelope in her hands.”
Inuyasha’s face balled up, “She’s definitely up to something…” he said, “What about the other girl you’re supposed to be watching?”
“The one with the young child?”
“Correct, what about her? Has she done anything out of the ordinary?”
“Well, no…in fact, she lives a pretty ordinary life. She drops the child off with someone every morning, goes to school, then work, then picks the child up and goes home. The next day, she repeats to process. Every so often she takes the child to work with her if she is working overnight, but that’s about it? Why are we tailing her again?”
“Don’t worry about why! I’m paying you, so just do it! Has she been seen around a guy at all?” Inuyasha questioned.
“Well, sometimes a guy with short brown hair picks her up from work and drives her home. But, I didn’t see that as suspicious behavior. Nothing she does is suspicious.”
“Well, keep an eye on her!”
“Will do, sir! One more thing though, one of my eyes were able to get a picture of the license plate of the car that your wife goes into at nights. I’m going to scan and email it to you now. I tried to look it up myself, but nothing comes back. Maybe you can do more with it.”
“Alright, I’ll take care of it. Keep me posted on anything else.” Inuyasha hung up his phone and started thinking about the conversation he had with his detective. He had a lot he had to unveil and with little time to do it. Who was the person Kikyo goes out to see at nights? Of course, he would ask her…but that would raise suspicion. He would have to catch her in the act, and then question her about it. Also, who is this N.O. dipping their fingers into his funds, and why hadn’t he noticed it before? But more importantly, why hadn’t Kagome made any attempt to try and contact him yet. It had been several weeks since he blew up at her, and it Ira really was his, you’d think she would fight that battle. But instead, she was just living her life as if before he found out about Ira.
“This really is one crazy web that has been spun, and I’m trying to unravel it all on my own.”
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
It was Saturday, an incredibly beautiful Saturday. In fact, it was actually starting to look like spring time with all the sunshine they were beginning to get, after that brutal winter. But now, it was mid-March. Still chilly on some days, but you could tell that Mother Nature had her kind moments…like today. Kagome had taken Ira to the park earlier and the two enjoyed the morning together. Ira was beginning to learn to walk, and Kagome wanted to give her the chance to stretch her little legs. After a few times of falling down, and two scrapes later…Ira gave up and the two of them left the park.
“So, what should we do now, kiddo?” Kagome asked while pushing Ira in her stroller. “Should we go get a snack?”
“Snack…” Ira repeated and Kagome chuckled. She loved that her daughter was gradually learning new words and learning to walk.
“You’re growing way up too fast, little girl! Alright, we can stop by the fruit and smoothie bar for a snack.” With that being said, Kagome pushed her daughter a few blocks down the main street and into the fruit bar. They sat down at a table and shared a fruit basket together.
“One strawberry-banana smoothie, and one strawberry pina-colada.”
‘I know that voice…’ Kagome looked over at the order station and saw her babysitter, Rin with the guy that was at her house that day Inuyasha lost his mind. “Hey, Rin!” Kagome called out to her.
Rin looked a little startled at first, but when she noticed who was calling her, she smiled and ran to the table Kagome and Ira were sitting at. “Funny running into you guys today! You two out enjoying this spring weather, too?”
“I guess so!” Kagome answered, “Would you too like to join us?”
“Actually, we have something to-” The man started, but Rin jabbed him in the stomach.
“We do have somewhere to be, but not for a while. We can spare a few minutes which you guys while we wait for our smoothies at least.” Rin took a seat and gestured for her male companion to sit as well.
“I’m sorry, I never caught your name from the last time we met. My name is Kagome, and you are…?” Kagome stretched out her hand for a shake.
“Sesshomaru…” He answered and took her hand in his.
Kagome furrowed her eyebrows for a minute, “Sesshomaru…I’ve heard that name before.” She said softly, “And I feel as though I’ve seen you before.”
“You said that the last time you two met, Kagome.” Rin chided, “Where do you think you know him from?”
Sesshomaru looked at the young girl with skepticism on his face. “I’m pretty sure we’ve never met.”
“Hm…” Kagome started to think deeply, ‘A Few weeks before I left you, my father told me that Sesshomaru left the family. He was originally supposed to marry her to complete the company merger.’ “Are you by any chance, related to Inuyasha?” Kagome asked curiously.
Sesshomaru looked a bit taken back by her question, “How do you know Inuyasha?” He countered her question with one of his own. While Rin just listened to them both quietly.
“I, uh…” Kagome blushed a little, “He and I were seeing each other a few years back…and well,” He looked over to Ira who was busy biting into a piece of pineapple. “Unfortunately, he’s the father of my daughter…although I wish I could take that back sometimes.”
Sesshomaru looked over to the little girl who found her fruit much more entertaining than the people at the table and his face nearly fell. “So, my brother fathered a child?” He said with a raised eyebrow.
“Brother…?” Kagome asked.
“You didn’t tell me you had a brother, Sesshy?” Rin said.
“Are you the brother that stepped down as the successor for Takahashi Inc.?”
Rin choked on smoothie, “You’re a Takahashi!?” She bellowed.
“No, I’m not…not anymore at least. To answer your question, Miss Kagome…I didn’t step down. I was cast out by my father because I found out some things about him that I shouldn’t have. He knew I wouldn’t let him continue to use me for profit; and he cast me out of the family and stripped me of my name in fear that I might tell Inuyasha his plans. He was using us as scapegoats to pay off money he owed to other people!”
“That’s horrible!” Rin bellowed and placed her hand on top of his.
Kagome didn’t seem to be fazed by the story though. She was actually intently listening. “If you’re saying that you were forced out…then why would Inuyasha say you stepped down?”
“Because that is probably the story that my father fed him; and no doubt my father found some soft spot to bait Inuyasha into doing what he wanted me to do?”
“Which was?” Rin asked.
“Marry Kikyo Onigumo…daughter of Naraku Onigumo and also heiress to Onigumo Industries. My father owed Naraku a lot of money and knew that he couldn’t pay it off. So he offered me up as bait to pay his dept. I found that out and refused…and so,”
“He turned to Inuyasha…” Kagome, clenched her mouth. “He was telling me the truth that whole time…and I…”
“But, since Inuyasha father’s your daughter…none of that matter’s anymore!” Sesshomaru said slightly cheerfully.”
Rin raised an eyebrow, “What are you talking about?”
“There is a blood-born heir…so all that stuff I told you is null in void now.”
“What does any of this have to do with Ira?” Kagome asked.
“From what I remembered when I saw the pre-arranged marriage contract, when I was engaged to Kikyo…Male Takahashi must remain married to Lady Onigumo until a blood heir is born, thus relieving Male Takahashi of marriage arrangement. Otherwise, after three years of marriage with no successor Lady Onigumo may divorce the Male Takahashi and is entitled to everything.”
Kagome’s jaw dropped, “So that’s why she went to the extent that she did…she knew she would lose everything!”
“Wait, you mean Inuyasha is still married to that woman?” Sesshomaru asked.
“Yes! Somehow complied fake DNA test results and gave them to Inuyasha, making him believe that my daughter wasn’t really his. Then, she came to me in the middle of the night with the real results and said that I can tell Inuyasha the truth…but only after her divorce was finalized. She’s only in this for the money!”
“That makes perfect sense! Oh, Kagome you have to tell Inuyasha!” Rin chided.
Kagome sighed, “I can’t…”
“What, why not!? You have Inuyasha’s get out of jail free card sitting right next to you!”
“First of all, Inuyasha had the chance to make this right before he decided to believe a piece of paper of me in the first place. And besides…Kikyo’s got my too, she threated to have child protective services take my daughter if I said anything to Inuyasha before she divorced him. I can’t risk that. As much as I would like to help Inuyasha, Ira comes first.”
Rin laced her fingers with his, “Well, what about you, Sessy…you can tell Inuyasha the truth.”
“I’m not even allowed to set foot in that house, or the company building.” He answered.
“Weren’t you cast out by your father? He’s six feet under now! What’s stopping you from running things with your younger brother, and stopping him from losing everything? You know the truth, you can tell him before it’s too late!”
“Would you do that for me?” Kagome asked.
“For you…no. But, for my niece…I’ll try.”
-X-
AN: And there you have it…the long and waited for chapter 8. A lot was revealed in this chapter. The history between the two brothers and their father; Kikyo’s plot to walk away with everything…but, will she prevail? Honestly, I don’t know. I’ve got two potential endings for this story (but it won’t be ending at least until 2 or 3 more chapters)…maybe longer. But I’m playing with different ideas.
Anyway, I do apologize for making you all wait like 3 months for this chapter. But, I had a lot happen & then I will admit that I just got a little lazy. But, lazy time is over! I’m going to get back on my grind because I want to finish this up.
In other news this story one second place on the Feudal Association Fan Site. Thank you to whoever nominated my story, and thank you to everyone who voted. “Y’all the real MVP” :p
-Kriss