- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kagura is down, and half of Naraku's heart has been given to Akitoki by Kagura, who doesn't care whether she is killed anymore. Please read and review.
Sesshomaru Twist

Chapter 3

The Tooth

“I wonder why Inuyasha was so upset,” Kaede said. “I can’t imagine,” Koga said. “Anyway, what brings you to our neck of the woods, Hojo?” Miroku asked. Hojo took out a tooth the size of a barrel which he had on his back, covered with a sheet of cloth. “A priest that was dead came and told my family that this will destroy half of the heart that belongs to an evil demon called Naraku,” Akitoki Hojo said. “Wait, you said it was a dead priest?” Miroku asked. “Yes,” Hojo said. “Why would Kagura openly betray Naraku?” Sango asked. Kirara mewed. All of a sudden, a large frog came hopping into the village and Inuyasha saw it. Inuyasha hopped out of the tree he was in, and said, “I could use a good fight.” He then pulled out his sword, and it transformed. The frog said, “Hand me the tooth; hand it over.” “I don’t know what you are going on about, but you have the same scent as Naraku, so don’t expect me to go easy on you,” Inuyasha yelled. “What? Well we’ll see,” the frog said. The frog headed towards Inuyasha, who simply knocked it away, breaking the barrier with the red Tetsaiga. The frog said, “Indeed you are strong, but not strong enough,” the frog sent a ball of energy out, and Inuyasha yelled, “You’re going down! Backlash Wave!” As the Backlash Wave appeared, and was thrust into the frog, destroying the frog. “Wow that was weird,” Sango said. “Naraku sent it to get a tooth,” Inuyasha said, walking over. “All that for this?” Hojo asked, holding the tooth. “What is that anyway,” Inuyasha asked. “Supposedly half of Naraku’s heart,” Sango said. “I couldn’t ask for better luck,” Inuyasha said. “Hojo, set the tooth on the ground,” Miroku said. Hojo did as he was told and stepped away. Inuyasha then said, “Here goes,” after transforming the sword to red, but was thrust back by the barrier. Just then, Kikyo showed up, and Inuyasha got up turned around, and Kikyo said, “Inuyasha, move.” She drew her arrow, aiming at the tooth. Inuyasha got up and everyone got out of the way, including Inuyasha. As the barrier broke from the arrow, Kikyo left. Inuyasha said, “Well let’s try this again.” He then turned the Tetsaiga red again, and split the tooth right down the center.
Meanwhile, miles away Naraku yelled, “Kagura.” Kagura walked slowly into the room. “Tell me, where is the tooth?” Naraku asked. “I don’t know, and frankly I don’t care,” Kagura said, biting back tears. “What has gotten into you? Lately you have been moping around like you’re dead,” Naraku said. At that Kagura ran from the room, and locked herself in another room. “What has gotten into her, she’s been like this for the last three months,” Naraku said.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or the charactors they belong to Rumiko Takahashi