- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Inuyasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi. You know, deep down I think that Sesshomaru does care for Inuyasha. He's saved his life on many occasions. I also think that meeting Rin was part of that. And Koga...well Koga cares for him as a friend of Kagome's.

Darkness. That was where Inuyasha was. There was nothing here. Wherever here was. He was floating in the darkness. He was alone.

Koga sniffed the air. There was no mistaking this scent.

          He ran as fast as he could, ignoring Hakkaku and Ginta’s frantic calls as he left them behind. Soon enough, he was with Inuyasha.

          “Koga!” Ginta and Hakkaku panted as they finally caught up to him. Koga was holding Inuyasha while running as he tried to find shelter for both of them.

          “Koga what’s wrong with him?” Ginta asked when he finally found a cave.

          “He’s not dead is he?” Hakkaku asked. Koga put him down on the cave floor and sat by him, as his Tessaiga was left outside. Koga froze when he smelled the scent of a full demon coming from Inuyasha.

          “Inuyasha?” Koga screamed when he jumped up as he had transformed. His eyes were completely red with blue slits, his cheeks had blue markings on them.

          “What’s—AGH!” Koga screamed as he had cut him with his claws. Ginta and Hakkaku had ran off long ago, terrified of this new Inuyasha.

Inuyasha growled at him, not recognizing him at all.

          “Inuyasha I’m not going to fight you!” Koga snapped, though it was to no avail. Inuyasha growled and scratched at Koga, though Koga dodged him.

          “Come on Inuyasha!” Koga shrieked as Inuyasha managed to sink his claws into Koga’s leg. Koga screamed as Inuyasha tried to tear his leg apart. He knocked him down to get away from him when he noticed the Tessaiga on the ground about a mile away. He ran as fast as he could with an injured leg and grabbed it, ignoring the burning sensation as he grabbed Inuyasha’s hand and forced his fingers closed on the handle.

          Inuyasha eventually returned to normal in time to see Koga.

          “What are you doing here?” He asked as he realized that his leg was bleeding.

          “Did I do that?” He asked as he grabbed Kagome’s bag. Kagome had given him an extra with a basic first aid kit in case they ever got separated.

          “…” Koga nodded, in too much pain to speak.

          “So this is going to hurt like hell.” Inuyasha muttered as he poured Peroxide on the wound on his leg. Koga gasped with pain as Inuyasha bandaged his leg.

          “Sorry Koga.” Inuyasha apologized as he put up his stuff. Koga looked into his eyes and saw a sadness in them.

          “Hey, I’m okay. Now smile.” Koga ordered as he pulled his mouth in an effort to make him laugh. Suddenly Inuyasha passed out from his wounds.

          “Hey!” Koga shrieked as he caught him before his head hit the ground.

          “Oh shit, you’re bleeding!” He was panicking at this point. He found some of Kagome’s supplies, and opened up the first aid book as he followed the instructions to the best of his abilities. He patched Inuyasha up and waited for Hakkaku and Ginta to find him, as they inevitably would.

          Inuyasha started shivering, which got Koga’s attention.

          “Inuyasha?” He asked with concern as he covered him with a blanket. He sighed as Inuyasha stopped shivering. He supposed it was cold, though he very rarely felt it. He started a fire for Inuyasha, knowing Kagome would kill him if he let him freeze to death. It was also because he would miss him if that happened, but Koga was in denial.

          “Koga!” Ginta called from outside. They were half a mile away but Koga could hear them.

          “Are you there Koga?” Hakakku called. Koga felt bad, they had probably been looking for him a while, panicking when they couldn’t find him.

          “Inuyasha wake up!” Koga called, though Inuyasha didn’t budge.

          “Inuyasha!” He called again, shaking him as much as he could. Inuyasha wasn’t going to wake anytime soon. Koga sighed and waited for them to find him. After twenty minutes they found him.

          “Koga what are you doing he—Inuyasha?” Ginta asked as he and Hakkaku joined Koga.

          “What happened to him?” Hakkaku asked, cleaning the cut on his cheek.

          “I have no idea.” Koga admitted, awkwardly scratching his head.

          “Has he woken at all?” Ginta asked with concern.

          “No!” Koga shrieked as he watched Inuyasha for most of the night. Eventually Koga fell asleep around two in the morning, which is when Inuyasha slowly woke. He bit his lip in an effort to stop himself from screaming in pain. He was having trouble standing up so he used his Tessaiga in an effort to help him stand.

          Once he was up, he limped out of the cave and managed to make it one mile away before he ended up collapsing in pain. Kagome and the others were walking everywhere calling Inuyasha’s name after he hadn’t returned all night.

Inuyasha was out for ten minutes before he got up again, determined to return to Kaede’s village.

          He was closer than he was but he still had ten miles to go. Eventually he passed out again due to his injuries. Sesshomaru was walking towards Kaede’s village to give Rin another Kimono when he caught the smell of Inuyasha’s blood. Curious he ran over towards the smell where he found Inuyasha unconscious and bleeding.

          “…” Sesshomaru checked for a pulse before doing anything. He sighed in relief when he found a pulse and he chucked him over his shoulder, determined to keep him safe. Now if someone had told him three years ago that he would be trying to save the life of his inferior half-brother he would have scoffed. Sesshomaru had grew fond of the hanyo over the years since meeting Rin and defeating Naraku with him.

          It appeared that he had been stabbed, to which Sesshomaru growled under his breath. He didn’t truly hate Inuyasha—maybe he did at first but Sesshomaru was a much different person then. Seeing Rin’s sorrow at losing her family caused him to realize that he would be devastated if he lost Inuyasha. Sesshomaru put his hands under his neck, checking for a pulse. It was there much to his relief.