- Text Size +

The sounds of rustling and panting filled the forest as the Demon ran away from the well. She was overcome with shock and grief upon seeing her brother's death.

                 

            "WHO ELSE IS THERE?!" 

            "We'll take care of it! Get them to safety!"

 

            The voices of the half-demon and two of the humans echoed her way. Unlike her brother, she actually made more use of her brain. There was no way she could stand her ground against them all; not with her current emotional state. Tears streaked down her cheeks as she ran. Behind her, she could the frantic footsteps of two pursuers. Luckily, she had a few tricks up her sleeve to help her escape. Abilities that her brother had taught her, and made her practice to help ensure her survival. She had to sprint longer than she cared for in order to prepare herself, and to calm down. With a great leap, she thrust herself up into the trees, and hid among the branches. Next, she closed her eyes, put her hands together, and exhaled slowly. Calming her mind, and her heart, she found her center. This was what was necessary to suppress her Demonic Aura; a trick she learned from a Monk who had begged for his life, only to end up in her and her brother's bellies.

 

There was no doubt in her mind that she would be safe from whoever was tracking her. With all the practice she put in to Aura Suppression, it would seem like she had run far away. Calmly, she waited, the sounds of hurried footsteps growing closer. Whoever was after her, had now stopped, and were directly beneath her. Not one sound came from her. Not one inch of her budged. She remained totally calm, and waited.

 

            "Did you get a glimpse of anything?" A male said.

            "No. Whoever was running away is long gone now." Spoke a female.

            "You're right. I can sense something, but it's too far away now. We need to head back."

            "I hope that young man, Brent, is ok." With that, the two humans take off back the way they came.

 

            When the Demon was sure her shadows were gone, she reopened her eyes. Brent. That was the name of her brother's killer. Every moment of the attack, from start to finish, was chiseled into her mind. Her brother was a brute, and should never have been bested by a lowly human. Rage began to well up inside her as tears began to flow once more. It was a sight she would never forget. That pathetic human was in her brother's jaws, as good as dead, and then he lifted up the Tanto sword. By the time she saw it, she knew it was too late for her to help. She watched in horror as the sword plunged, and her brother fell.

 

            "That...repulsive...bastard...MURDERER!"

 

            Chest heaving, and fists clenched, her anger was hitting the boiling point. A fist raised up and slammed into the tree, sending splinter and bark everywhere, as she caused a deep depression in the tree.

 

            "I need to know...No HUMAN could live through a bite like my brother's. He would bleed to death! I NEED TO KNOW!"

 

            Jumping down from her perch, she took off in the direction of the well. The scent of her brother's blood caused her to divert away from his body; she had no desire to look upon her dead brother. The Demon stayed within the refuge of the trees, and spied on the village. The revolting stink of that human's blood reached her nose, and she scoffed. As she moved through the tree line, she made sure to hide her aura. It was risky enough being so close to dwelling place, she had to do what she could. In the distance, she saw a trail of blood leading to one of the huts. Her eyes stuck to that hut as if they were glue.

 

            "AAAAAAAAAGH!" A scream came from inside, and she recognized it too. It was that damnable human! How was he alive?

 

            There were too many people nearby, and he was surrounded by his friends. Today would not be her day for revenge. She turned her back to the village, and began to walk away. This would take some brainwork for her to get anywhere near him. Nothing in the world mattered to her now. The only thing she wanted now was to taste his blood and flesh, while she watched his life drain from his eyes.

 

            "I will not let you get away Brent...enjoy your remaining time on this earth..."

 

            As she disappeared into the woods, she was already concocting a plan to redeem her brother. For once, she found her appearance to useful. While being a Lizard Demon, she resembled a human, a gorgeous human woman. Though it would seem odd to others that she had dark green hair, and a matching set of eyes. Perhaps, she thought, she could use her looks to her advantage? A smirk appeared on lips, which then turned to a malicious grin, exposing her four intensely sharp fangs.