- Text Size +

Setsuko's plan had worked flawlessly until the moment Brent's friends had intervened. Her Demonic Aura had been hidden perfectly, the disguise was perfect, and her ability to alter her appearance minorly had made it all the more believable. However, she had forgotten one thing in her strategy. The strength that she possessed was nowhere near that of her late brother's. Were she stronger, Brent would be nothing more than a corpse for her to gorge herself on. Cursing herself for not being more methodical in her planning, she decided that planning was going to be her most ideal option. The Lizard Demon would certainly have the time after she made her narrow escape.

           

            After Setsuko had broken through the wall of those disgusting human's home, one of Kagome's arrows was shot her way. Had the arrow made a direct hit, Setsuko would have been obliterated. Fortunately for her, the arrow only struck her left arm, and destroyed it. Never before had she felt such power from a human. The young woman who fired it had to have been a Priestess, she thought. There was no way anyone else could have fired such a powerful arrow. The more Setsuko thought about the young woman, the more pensive she became about Brent's other friends. One of them was definitely a half-demon. He had looked to be carrying a sword, but seemed ready to use his own claws to fight instead.  Definitely could be a problem running into him. Death would have come from his rather swiftly had she not hidden her scent. It was another trick her and her brother learned from a Ninja, and he met the same fate as the Monk who taught them how to hide their auras. The Ninjas would use a special powder, made from various ingredients, which would enable anyone to conceal the scent they give off. Setsuko knew how to make this delicate mixture and always had a small bag of it on her.

 

There were two more humans as well. One was most certainly a Monk. She had dealt with Monks before. Many of them will still so naive and far too trusting in their abilities. But this one in particular seemed more exprienced. And there was something about him that told her instincts he was more dangerous than he looked. The third and final human, looked like a Demon Slayer. Setsuko had heard of an entire village of them being wiped out, and now was curious if she was from the same village. Her brother had always told her to avoid them at all costs, and for good reason too. Their special training, armor, and varied weapons helped them overcome incredibly fierce demons.

 

It would seem that Brent had luck on his side in making such friends. From how they responded so quickly to his distress, she knew they were not going to let her take him without a fight. Being outnumbered, even with her tricks, would only send her to her grave. While she sat high up in the trees, in her pensive state, her arm was ever so slowly beginning to grow back. It would take at least a day for it fully grow back, and even then she would have to readjust herself. No pain was involved in the process, which left her to sit and reflect undistracted.

 

The Lizard Demon soon came to a conclusion on what strategy would be the best. Even with Brent isolated in his own room, he was smart enough to be loud to garner attention. The only course of action that would enable her to exact revenge, would be to separate him from his friends. That wretched human would not slip through her grasp again. He would be begging for her to end his life before she was ever done torturing him. But would she allow him that small bit of mercy? No. There wasn't a single merciful bone in her body when it came to her brother's murderer. Unspeakable things awaited Brent in the future, and all she needed was to get him alone. And she knew exactly how she was going to do it too.

 

Before her brother's demise, he and she were sending weaker Demons into Lady Kaede's village. Their intent was to tire out the villagers so that they could pick their prey with ease. The clan that Setsuko came from took dominance over lesser Demons, and used them as fodder to make to their ulterior motives easier. Brent was going to end up in her hands easily. She would let her arm grow back completely before ever mounting an attack. Until that time, she would locate some Demons weaker than herself, and have them do her bidding. A smile, that showed nothing but malicious intent, adorned her face.