- Text Size +

 

Hey people again! This is ScarredInnocence reporting to you guys with a NEW chapter... !!! *ppl out of nowhere clap* heh heh. Anyways, same as last, R/R!

Disclaimer: I am a very poor girl {actually no, apparently if you have any spare change laying around or money in your bank account you are among the richest people in the world} and not many moneys to my name. So no sue! Cause I no own!

On wit the story~!

XoxOx.:~.-.~.-.~.-.~.-.~.-.~-.~.-:.xOxoO

 -2 weeks later-

    Kagome sat in front of the canvas, paintbrush in hand, music playing on a soft note from the corner of the room, simply staring at the half completed work. She had been working on this one painting throughout most of the summer at various times but had never got around to completing it; to her, it was just missing that certain something, that certain something she didn’t know where to find. Carefully swirling the paintbrush in the cup of water at her side, she hummed along to the music and watched the ripples made by the swirling. ‘I’m starting to run low on funds aren’t I? What am I to do in a situation like this…’ she thought.

    A sudden ring at her door caused her to tip the cup over; splashing its contents and the few items all over the floor and cart it had rested upon. Cursing, she stooped down to pick up the fallen cup and a small piece of paper that had also ended up on the ground. Stuffing the piece of paper in her pocket she made her way to the door and threw it open without any thought to what was behind it. Blinking, she came face to face with…absolutely no one; taking a few steps out of the house she glanced around to see if anyone was loitering but saw again, no one. Glancing down when her foot came into contact with something she saw a small white box with what looked to be pink flowers spread across the surface. Taking a last look around, she picked up the box and re entered her house, making sure to shut and lock the door, before making her way up the stairs back to her attic.

    Placing the mysterious box absently on her desk, she stepped into the joining bathroom and grabbed several napkins to clean the spill with. Walking back to the mess she bent and began to scrub at the carpet which was now relatively soaked. Her aunt had always told her not to set up her ‘art junk’ on the carpet for when she made a mess she would ruin the expensive floor covering. ‘Though the stuff she usually bought for herself was more expensive than this rug…than all the stuff in my room combined actually’ she thought to herself. Her aunt wasn’t allowed in her attic, as was she not aloud in her aunt’s room so now matter how many times her aunt had lectured her she would never actually move her art supplies. Where they were set up were in the corner next to her window, where she could sit on the window seat and search for inspiration through the lucid wall that separated her from the outside world. Before this year, she had always been home schooled, hired teachers always coming to her house to educate her, courtesy of her aunt of course. If her aunt could help it, she wouldn’t let anyone know about her, heck, she even paid the hired help to stay quiet about her existence. Remembering what her aunt had once said she paused in what she was doing.

/Flashback/

“How many times do I have to tell you?! How many times do I have to yell and scream at you before it gets through that thick head of yours?! You are never to set foot out of this house! You are never to even glance out the window in case someone sees you! Do you know how shameful it would be for someone like me to have a little street urchin living in my home?! Is that what you want?! For me to be seen as shameful?! Do you want to go back and live on the streets?! Why, if I hadn’t agreed to take you in when your parents abandoned you, surely you would be dead! No wonder you were abandoned twice! Do you wish that?! To die?!” her aunt had hollered when she had discovered that she had gone outside to fetch the newspapers. At the time, she had figured that she was doing her aunt a favour since her aunt was busy with some sort of deal in her business, but it wasn’t meant to be it seemed. After what seemed like hours, her aunt had sent her off to bed without dinner, to ‘think about what she had done’. ‘Let’s see if I ever do anything nice for her again… Let’s see if I do anything for her again’ she thought as she stormed up the stairs, slamming her attic closed with a loud bang that resounded throughout the house.

/End Flashback/

    Throwing the dirty napkins into a nearby trashcan, she rose and settled herself on her window seat, pulling the blinds to stare into what could only be described as a breath taking scene. Though it was no sunset on the ocean it was still a splendid sunset, one filled with an array of colors unfolded throughout the sky. She had painted a picture of a sunset once, she had only been 9 at the time but she had thought it was good. Her aunt had come in though-violating their agreement of never entering one another’s private sanctum- and taken it, selling it and claiming a good sum of money, none of which was given to her. ‘You should just be happy that you are living under my roof, girl! Stop with that pitiful whining, I gave you the paints and paper so I have the power to take them away!’ her aunt had screamed if she remember correctly when she had asked where her sunset painting had gone. ‘It wasn’t you who gave me the paints and canvas aunty… I received them for my birthday, a birthday that you forgot and I had another parent arrange’ she thought wryly, staring out at the sunset.

    Shifting on her window seat she heard a soft crinkle in her pocket, reaching into her pocket she pulled out the piece of paper and recognized it as the one she had torn from the bulletin board. Standing, she made her way to the phone on her desk and picked it up, and proceeded to dial the numbers on the small slip of paper. Waiting, she set the paper on the desk and instead picked up the mysterious box. Cradling the phone between her ear and shoulder she shook the box once, and then undid the elaborate bow on top. Pulling the dangling ribbons, the whole package came undone to her surprise, revealing what looked like a silver jewellery box. Unlatching the small clips on the front, she opened the box and the melodious tunes of Canon in D major –played on the violin she recognized- filled the room. ‘How-How had I known… Canon in D major was what was playing…why does it seem so…familiar?

/Flashback/

    Staring up at the spinning toy above her head, a baby girl with bright sapphire eyes and a mane of obsidian hair cooed softly, moving her chubby hands to try and grasp at the toys that dangled from the spinning toy. Gentle hands picked her up and cradled her in their arms. ‘Do you know the song that is playing my little Kagome-hime? It is Canon in D major… it is your father’s song and mine…we met when we went to watch a well known violinist you know… you could say it was love it at first sight actually… Remember this song alright my little Kagome-hime…I fear that we will be separated soon. One day, you will hear this song and we shall be together again alright?’ a voice equal to the gentle hands spoke to her, but the image…it was blurred…

/End Flashback/

Startled, she hadrealized that there had been an answer on the phone for several seconds now, so she spoke.

“Yes, I’m just wondering about the program you are having.” She said, pausing to listen to the other person’s reply.

“The program will begin 4 days from now. Are you calling as a volunteer or a pupil?” the one on the other end said.

“I am just wondering about it. Can anyone show up or does there need to be a sign up?” she questioned.

“No, anyone can show up at anytime that day really. You may even attend the classes during the next several weeks, at any times really.”

“Oh, alright. Thank you for your time” and with that, she hung up.

    Setting the phone down, she picked up the jewellery box and went back to her window seat, crossing her legs underneath her and rewinding the box so the song would play again. Opening the small compartments-noting that one wouldn’t open and it had what looked to be small keyhole in it- she found several necklaces and earrings, all of white, silver, and what looked to be real gold. Setting everything back in its proper place she hastily got up and looked at the wrapping on her desk, searching for a card of sorts. Who would possibly send her something that looked to be of such great value? Perhaps they had gotten the address wrong? But no, there was nothing there…no card, no return address, there wasn’t even her address on it!

    Making the short distance back to the window seat, she gently held the jewellery box in her arms, before withdrawing a key that hung from a cord around her neck and placing the key in a hidden lock to the side of the seat. She had never known where the key had come from, her parents saying that it was from someone insignificant. There was only a small space next to the seat, not something people would notice unless searching for it. Giving the key a few twists the lock finally clicked and a small cupboard opened up. When just looking at the seat, it appeared to only have cupboards painted on, for design…it was rather sneaky in her opinion.

    Placing the jewellery box inside next to a few books and a small shoebox, she closed the door, satisfied when she heard the ‘click!’ of the lock. ‘This is a miracle…someone, something placed that box on my doorstep…if I sell those pieces I can surely make some money…and if I do that…I may actually afford some luxuries.’ She thought to herself as she readied herself for bed. ‘Best not to dwell on what has already been done, instead just to be thankful for what has…wait. Where have I heard that before? Who told that to me...? But...how thankful I am…’ Was her final thought before she succumbed to the land of dreams.

XoX--XoX

YAY! Chappy = done! Woots, *ppl clap again* thank you people, anyone who review you are awesome. Actually, anyone reading this is good people, but you be even better if you review. *hint hint nudge nudge poke poke wink wink* lol. Anyways, R/R  Til next time~! Ja ne!~