- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
please please review?
Inuyasha looked around at everyone, not seeming to know or care who they were. Kagome and the others had just witnessed the brutal slaughter of several human men. Inuyasha had shown them no mercy, and even after they had begged for their lives he had killed them without giving it a second thought.

'Oh, no!' Kagome thought. 'What if he gets stuck in this form? He'll kill everyone. I've got to get the others out of here so I can help him.' Miroku looked up in surprise.

"Kagome, Sango? Do you sense that? A demon is approaching, fast." Sango nodded,"And whatever it is, it's strong." Kagome appeared very frightened.

"You guys have to get out of here. The demon that's coming is Sesshomaru. This isn't going to be good."

Sango and Miroku were riding Kilala at the time, but they made no effort to run. Kagome was riding on Shippo's back.

"I'm not going anywhere without you, Mother!" Shippo said. He had taken to calling her that often, but only when Inuyasha wasn't around to hear him. Miroku and Sango knew better than to bother him about it, and Kagome guessed that it was partly because she had taken care of him since they met, and partly because he felt the need to replace his dead mother. The little guy had always been sensitive to Inuyasha's teasing, and didn't want Inuyasha to think that he was even weaker than he appeared. Kagome tried to tell Shippo that Inuyasha would never bother him about needing a mother-figure in his life, but Shippo still never called her 'Mother' when Inuyasha was nearby. Miroku nodded.

"Shippo's right. There's no way that we would leave you here on your own, especially with Inuyasha being out of control as he is."

The reason no one was on the ground was because Inuyasha was killing anything that moved. He hadn't noticed them yet. Just then, Sesshomaru showed up.

"Hello, little brother. Don't bother saying anything, I only came to test your skills. Now, come at me with all your power!" Inuyasha came at him, and was blocked by Sesshomaru's sword. Inuyasha felt no fear, so he continued to fight. Kagome was very worried. She thought back to the other day. She had told him, that first time he transformed, that she had been afraid. Inuyasha wanted to know what she had been afraid of, and she had told him the truth. She wasn't afraid of him, only that he would forget her. He promised her right then that he wouldn't forget her, or the others. It had been a nice moment between them. Now, it seemed as though he had not only forgotten his promise, he had forgotten everything, and everyone, that he knew. Kagome almost started crying, but she held it in, because she had to focus all her attention on helping Inuyasha. All of a sudden Kagome jumped down to the ground near Inuyasha!