- Text Size +
-Flashback-
{About 3 or 4 days ago, everyone is sitting down, taking a break, when all of a sudden Kagome senses that Kikyo is near.} "Um, I think I'll go for a walk." She walked in the direction of the forest, and Inuyasha stood up. "I'll go with you." Kagome blushed, because she knew that he could smell that Kikyo was nearby. "Okay." Sango started gigling, and Miroku cleared his throat. "Aw, shut up you two!" Inuyasha grumbled. The had been walking for sometime when Kagome stopped. "Inuyasha, something's wrong. There's a barrier up ahead. I have a very strong feeling that you aren't going to be able to pass through it. She's calling to me. I have to go. Inuyasha started to protest, but thought better of it, and nodded his head. "Do what you gotta do." Kagome walked deeper into the forest, afraid of what she would find.

Kagome passed through the barrier effortlessly, waving goodbye to Inuyasha as she went. 'For his sake, I hope she's okay,' She thought as she wandered farther into the forest. Soon, the sun began to set, and not long after that, Kagome could barely see anything at all. She continued to walk through the forest, and slowly she began to see a faint blue light up ahead. 'That must be where Kikyo is!' She folled the strange glow even deeper into the forest, wishing more and more that she'd never come in.

Kagome had been walking for a long time, when she finally came upon the spot where Kikyo dwelled. She was barely conscious, and clutching to her chest as she tried to breathe. Kagome ran to her. "Kikyo, are you alright? What happened?" Kikyo slowly raised her head to look at Kagome. "W-What are you doing her?" Kagome looked blankly at her. "Did you forget? A part of my soul is in you. It called to me. But forget about why I'm here. Why are you here?" Kikyo snorted in disgust. "Naraku." "What?! He was here?! Well, what did he do?" "I was sleeping in the nearby village last night, and he attacked me. I managed to stop im from killing me, but I was already infected with his miyasma." "What? But you're a priestess! Shouldn't you be able to dispel the miyasma?" Kikyo smiled weakly. "No. I am too weak right now. It is coursing it's way through my body as we speak. By sunrise I will be dead. For good this time." Kagome sighed. "Well, is there anything that I can do?" "Well, you could disperse the miyasma, but I couldn't ask you to." Kagome smiled. "Haven't you figured it out yet? I won't let you die." Kikyo look surprised. "Why not?" Because Inuyasha would be heartbroken if you weren't around anymore." Kikyo smirked. "Same for you."