- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Still in flashback...
Kagome blushed. "Um...Thanks...I guess." "So, have you told him that you're in love with him yet?" Kagome blushed 12 different shades of red. "Umm, what are you talking about?" Kikyo smirked. "Ah. You're too embarassed to tell him. Oh well. Maybe it's for the best. Wouldn't want to confuse him, would you?" Kagome turned away. "Can we just get this over with? What do I have to do?" "Just place your hands on my wound." Kagome did. "Now what?" "Now we pray. They did. When the miyasma was gone, Kagome stood up. "Is that all?" Kikyo nodded. "Yes. The miyasma is gone. The wound will heal overnight. I'll be fine." Kagome rolled her eyes and thought to herself, 'Wow, you can tell just how grateful she is.' "I'm not going to say thank you, becasue you had a choice." Kagome jerked back. "What are you talking about? There was no choice! Saving someone's life isn't a choice! It's something any normal person would do!" "That is still a choice. Not everyone feels that ways, so I don't owe you anything. In fact..." Kagome was worried. She had left her bow and arrows back with Inuyasha. "In fact, what?" Kikyo grabbed her own bow and an arrow.. "In fact, now that the miyasma is disapated, I have no use for you anymore." She raised her bow.

Kikyo was ready to shoot Kagome right through the heart, until she looked past Kagome, and saw Inuyasha standing in the shadows. Kagome closed her eyes, and awaited death. Kikyo momentarily lost concentration, and shot her arrow without really looking at Kagome. Kagome opened her eyes just in time to see the arrow scrape past her cheek, leaving a long cut in its wake.

Kagome fell to her knees, bringing her hand up to her cheek. "Why? Why, Kikyo?What the hell did I ever do to you?! What could I have possibly done to make you hate me so much? Was it all those times I saved you? Huh? Do you want to die that badly? 'Cause if you do.. damnit Kikyo, keep me out of it! You know I won't let you die if I can help it, and I'll be damned before I let you die because of Naraku, but...damn you." Kikyo smirked. "You haven't realized it yet? I want you dead becasue of him." She pointed beyond Kagome at Inuyasha.