- Text Size +
Kagome lowered her head. "Inuyasha. I thought...the barrier...I didn't know you were there..." Inuyasha walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Well, apparently she was too bust trying to kill you to keep up her concentration on the barrier." He looked into Kagome's eyes. "Kagome, I need to ask you a favor." Kagome nodded. "Sure, Inuyasha. Anything." "Kagome... I need you to leave. Kikyo and I... We have some unfinished business to take care of." Kagome inhaled sharply. She thought, "Should I really leave him here alone with her? Oh, but if I don't...' She closed her eyes. 'He's smart enough to make his own decisions. If he wants to stay with her, I'll have to respect that.' She opened her eyes again. "Okay, Inuyasha. I'll be waiting up ahead. Please hurry." He nodded. "I will. Don't worry." Kagome walked away leaving Inuyasha and Kikyo alone behind her.

Once Kagome had gone, Kikyo steped closer to Inuyasha. "So, Inuyasha, what unfinished business were you speaking of? Have you finally come to your senses and realized that you belong with me?" (Eww, gag.) Inuyasha scoffed. "What are you, kidding? You almost killed Kagome! Wht, did you think barely resisting the urge to kill her would make me want to stay with you. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." Kikyo moved closer to him. "Inuyasha, I spared her for your sake. You should be glad." "Why were you gonna kill her in this first place? She didn't do anything to you!" Kikyo frowned. "Yes, she did, Inuyasha. She stole something from me." "Like what?!" She smirked. "You."