- Text Size +
{In another part of the forest.}
Kagome was getting worried about Inuyasha. She decided to go make sure he was okay.

{Back with Inuyasha and Kikyo}
"Kikyo. She didn't steal my heart from you. It hasn't belonged to you in a long time. And I don't really care what your stupid reasons are. They'll never be good enough. Nothing will ever make me forgive you for what you've done. You can forget all about me ever caring for you again. It's obvious we don't belong together. It just took me a very long time to realize it." Kikyo rolled her eyes. "Oh, come off it, Inuyasha! I barely even scratched her. She'll be fine. It's nothing to get all worked up about." "I'm not just talking about that! I'm taking about everything! She's been nothing but good to you, and this is how you repay her. Face it, Kikyo, when you died fifty years ago, you lost all of your feelings. Except for hate. You don't love me. You just want revenge. I'm not the one you should be mad at. But go ahead, blame me all you want. Just don't ever hurt Kagome again, or I will personally rip your throat out with my bare hands." Kikyo sensed Kagome drawing near, so she moved even closer to Inuyasha. "What are you doing, Kikyo?" Kikyo kissed him jsut as Kagome walked into the area.

Kagome gasped, and tears pooled up in her eyes. "Oh, Inuyasha. How could you?" Inuyasha pushed Kikyo away. "Kagome, it's not what you think! Please, come back?" Kagome ran out of the forest. Inuyasha growled low in his throat. "Damn you, Kikyo! You planned this whole thing!" Kikyo laughed. "She'll never forgive you for that. You'll come back to me soon enough. And then, when you do, we will finally be together in the fiery pits of hell." Inuyasha lunged foward, and Kikyo's soul collecters carried her into the air. "I'll be damned if I will! Kikyo, I promise you this: You will die alone, and long before I do! One day, I'll make you pay for what you did!" He ran off, following Kagome's scent out of the forest.

{Later}
Inuyasha found Kagome sitting in a field looking up at the stars. "Kagome." Kagome's voice was full of pain. "Go away, Inuyasha. I don't wanna hear it." Inuyasha was upset. "But, Kagome?" Kagome stood up and turned around. "No, Inuyasha. I'm done." "Done with what?" "With you, with her, with all of this. Once we beat Naraku, I'm going home."
Over the next few days, Inuyasha kept trying to explain what had happened, but Kagome wouldn't even look at him.

-End Flashback-