- Text Size +
As she did, Sesshomaru sent a blast from his sword.

"No! Inuyasha, watch out!" Inuyasha fell to his knees. Kagome ran to him, Tetsusaiga in hand, with tears streaming down her face. She tried to hand him his sword, and he attacked her, his claws digging into her shoulder. Kagome made it look like he was only embracing her, so the others wouldn't notice.

Then, still sobbing, she managed to place the Tetsusaiga into his hand. Inuyasha started to change back to normal, losing consciousness at the same time. Sesshomaru smiled.

"Foolish girl. Why would you run into his arms, knowing he was still in his demon form? Did you really think he would recognize you?" Kagome glared at him.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Sesshomaru. Inuyasha's fine now. You should leave while you can." Sesshomaru smirked at her. "Ah, I see. You don't want your friends to know he injured you-" Kagome cut him off.

"He's lying! Inuyasha did nothing!"

"Don't kid yourself, woman." Miroku and Sango had already come down onto the ground, and Miroku looked confused.

"Sesshomaru, we all know you hate Inuyasha. So why didn't you finish him when you had a chance? You don't expect us to believe you've developed feelings for your brother?!" Sesshomaru put away his sword and scoffed.

"Of course not. He is a mere hanyou, and he should act as such. He is not strong enough to have our father's blood coursing through his veins. When he is once again a hanyou, then I will personally relieve him of that burden. He was born a filthy half-breed, and he shall die as such."

"Don't pretend that you're doing this only because you want him to die a half-demon! You're afraid of him! I saw it in your eyes when he first transformed. You refused to fight him then, you coward!" Kagome screamed at Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru stepped forward, raising his claws as if to attack.

"You know, you're even more foolish than I thought. I am not, nor have I ever been, afraid of Inuyasha. You should be grateful to me. Now you'll have a few more days to spend with him, that is, if you survive those injuries, and if you don't cause me to kill both of you now." Kagome raised her bow, ready to shoot him with her sacred arrow.

"Like you said, don't kid yourself. I'm not afraid of you, and neither is anyone else here! Don't think I won't shoot you, because I don't care how strong you are, or what you do to me, I will never let you hurt Inuyasha!" Sesshomaru flexed his hand, preparing to attack her, when Miroku, Sango, and Shippo all stepped in front of her. Sango smirked and raised her Hiraikotsu.

"Did you think we'd just stand by and let you attack our friends?" Miroku started to remove the beads that kept his Windtunnel locked away. "How foolish of you. Kagome was telling the truth, you know. None of us are afraid of you." Shippo jumped on Miroku's shoulder and put up his little fists.

"We may not be quite as strong as you, but we'll put up a really good fight! We won't let you hurt Kagome or Inuyasha!" Sesshomaru laughed. (Creepy thought, I know.)

"You're wasting my time. I have better things to do. Tell Inuyasha that I will return to kill him." With that being said, he walked away. Kagome sighed with relief.

"Thanks, you guys. For a minute there, I really thought he was gonna attack me!" Sango smiled.

"Kagome, you should know that we would never let anything happen to you! We love you!" Miroku nodded in agreement.

"She's right. You're like family to all of us." Shippo jumped into her arms, and Kagome winced in pain.

"Kagome, what's wrong?" Sango asked. "Are you injured like Sesshomaru said?" Kagome nodded. "But don't tell Inuyasha! It'll be hard enough on him to see what he did to those bandits. I don't want him getting upset over me too. Please, guys?" Everyone nodded.

"Don't worry, Kagome. We understand. If Inuyasha knew he injured you, he would be inconsolable. He might even try to make you go home for good. We want you to stay, so I don't think any of us will tell him." Miroku said.

Inuyasha chose that moment to sit up and say, "But what if I already heard everything that happened?"