- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Now, while we were seeing/reading/whatever that flashback, Inuyasha was finally getting to explain it all to Kagome.
"See, Kagome? Now do you get it? I never kissed her. I told her I didn't love her!" "Oh, Inuyasha. The things I said to you....I'm so sorry. I thought you'd really gone back to her." Inuyasha put his hand on her cheek, and lightly ran his thumb over the almost healed arrow wound. "Kagome, I understand. It makes sense. I'm not angry. I've given you every reason to think that I'd go back to her, and I'm sorry for that, but I want you to know that I'm never going back to her. I could never forgive her for what she did. To both of us. I'll make sure that she never hurts you again, even if that means I have to kill her myself. I told her that too. That if she ever hurt you again, I would kill her. I'm going to protect you from now on. From eveything. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. I promise." Kagome grinned. Then she winced in pain, because her wound (The one Inuyasha inflicted in her shoulder) had started bleeding again. Her legs gave out and she started to fall, but Inuyasha caught her. "Kagome, are you alright?" She nodded. "I'll be fine." Inuyasha gently pulled her closer to him. "Kagome... Now that you know what really happened with Kiyo... I need to tell you something." He gazed deeply into her eyes. "Kagome I love you with all of my heart and soul. And I swear to you, right now, that I will never, ever, make you feel the way I did earlier. I was upset, but that's no excuse. I'm sorry." Kagome smiled. "Oh, Inuyasha. Don't feel bad. I said horrible things too. I understand, and the best part is, all of that is behind us now. I love you too. And I always will." With that, Inuyasha pulled Kagome even closer to him, and tenderly kissed her. When they were done, he embraced her gently.

Inuyasha's amber eyes bored into hers, piercing through to her soul. "Kagome. Every day that goes by, I love you more than I did the day before. When I think that there is a chance that I might lose you, I become afraid. Nothing else has ever scared me more."