- Text Size +
Koga laughed.

"Why, Kagome, do I need a reason to come see my favorite miko? Now, what has that mutt done to make you upset this time?" Kagome tried to smile.

"Nothing, Koga, I'm fine."

"Whatever! Kagome, you were crying just now! Why don't you just tell me what happened? I promise not to insult Inuyasha, and I won't interrupt or anything. You just look like you really need to talk." Kagome nodded.

"I do. Thank you." Koga grinned.

"Anything for you. You go ahead when you're ready." He sat down to listen.

Kagome paused for a moment, reflecting over everything that had happened lately. She took a deep breath, stood up, and began. Inuyasha watched all of this from his spot in the tree, listening to Kagome explain her problems to Koga.

'Why is she telling all of this to Koga? And why is he being so nice? He's always flirting with her, so why is he being so thoughtful now? I didn't know I hurt her that badly.... I shouldn't have said those things to her.'

Tears fell down her cheeks as she spoke.

"Koga, I just don't want him to forget me! Is that so bad? He tried to say that it didn't bother him that he hurt me, but he can't mean that can he?" Koga stood up, reached out to her, and hugged her.

"Look, Kagome, I don't think it's wrong for you to want him to remember you. Inuyasha cares for you, I can see it in his eyes, in the way he fights to protect you. He's probably afraid to show his true feelings. You've got to remember, Kagome, that he's a half-demon. He has never had anyone treat him the way you do. He's probably not used to it." Kagome sobbed.

"But h-he has Kikyo! He doesn't n-n-need me now that she's b-back! S-she's the one that I-Inu-Inuyasha wants! He doesn't have enough r-room in his heart for me." Koga pulled her tighter.

"Kagome, it may seem like that now, but I know that he has feelings for you. And as much as I may not like it, I know you two belong together. He's the one that you want. If you love him, you'll fight for him. You'll do whatever it takes to make him happy. That's why I've decided to marry Ayame. I will always care for you, but I know you don't feel that way, so I'm going to let you be with Inuyasha." Kagome smiled and the tears began to stop falling.

"You're very sweet Koga. And you're right. I do love Inuyasha, and I'll just have to help him understand that I'll always be there for him, even if he does choose to be with Kikyo, I'll have to learn to accept it. You have always been a good friend to me, and you are a wonderful guy. But I think of you more as my brother. I hope you'll be happy with Ayame." Koga released her.

"I'm glad you feel better. Ginta and Hakakku are ahead of me, so I should go catch up before they get lost. Anyway, if you need to talk again, you know where I live. Come see me."

"Thank you, Koga. I will." Koga waved and ran off deeper into the forest. Kagome sat back down by the water, and Inuyasha decided he should go to her. Kagome turned around just as Inuyasha approached her.

"So, Inuyasha, you heard everything?"