- Text Size +
 

TITLE: Cursed Twins

AUTHOR: InuYoukaiAki

DISCLAIMER: I do not own InuYasha and Co.

 

-+-+-

 

Author’s Note: Here’s the first chapter. RATED 18. I was in a naughty frame of mind so there. You can even tell by the title of the chapter.

 

-+-+-

 

CHAPTER 1: Desire

 

"Osuwari!" Kagome yelled at the top of her lungs, her face red with anger. She stalked towards the fallen hanyou and looked down at him. She then took a deep breath before releasing a very long stream of "Osuwari". Smoke and dust billowed around the area when Kagome finished her tirade.

 

When the dust and smoke had cleared, Kagome stood trembling beside a very large crater caused by Inuyasha's too-many-to-mention smashes to the ground. Tears rolled down Kagome's face. She had finally had enough of Inuyasha and his constant belittling of her skills and abilities. With a last hurt look towards the hanyou that she had considered her best friend in her stay in the Sengoku Jidai, Kagome took off towards the woods. She didn't think. SHe just wanted to get as far away as possible from Inuyasha.

 

She had been running and crying for almost an hour when Kagome finally felt her feet hurt. She slowed down to a slow walk, kicking the rocks at her feet. It had been five years since she was pulled into this world. Before that, she had always felt that somehow, she doesn't belong in her time. She had many friends and yet she felt there is a void in her life. Then she was pulled to the past by an enchanted well and she met everyone-Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Kirara, Kaede... and of course, Inuyasha. She finally felt she belonged. She enjoyed her time spent in this era more than the time she spends staying at home. And so she had volunteered to stay at the past to look for the scattered pieces of the Shikon no Tama, which she destroyed, as Inuyasha always reminded her of that fact as if she did it on purpose and not just accidentally.

 

Kagome never regretted the fact that she had fallen in love with Inuyasha. She didn't even deny it. And over the years, she had gotten over those feelings. She knew that Inuyasha's heart will always belong to Kikyou. And so she was content just being his friend. She had endured Inuyasha's constant comparison of her and Kikyou which he always concludes with how much better Kikyou is compared to her. She had always accepted that and never took it against him or Kikyou. However, Inuyasha had been more harsh in his words and more frequent in telling her how useless she is. Today was the last straw and Kagome had finally had enough being looked down upon. It was just one mistake. Just one minor mistake and he began ranting about how stupid she is and how great Kikyou is.

 

Looking back, she can't even remember what ticked Inuyasha off. They were just fighting another demon and she just joined in the mayhem when Shippo was thrown in the line of fire.

 

"Stupid Inuyasha! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" she ranted as she angrily wiped the tears away.

 

"I agree," a voice drawled out, effectively freezing her in place. "Inuyasha is quite stupid."

 

Kagome felt her heart catch in her throat as she heard the oh-so-familiar voice. She turned to the direction the voice came from. The hair at the back of her neck stood on end as she returned Sesshoumaru's intense gaze. Kagome would have swooned if this creature was just an ordinary human. He was just so beautiful and she could feel the power radiating off him. But as luck would allow it, he was a very powerful demon who happens to hate humans and could actually kill her any second. And that thought brought her back to the moment at hand. As much as she loves admiring the inuyoukai, she knew she was in very grave danger. She mentally berated herself for her carelessness. She had actually forgotten that they were travelling at the Western Lands, Sesshoumaru's domain. Her blood froze as Sesshoumaru began to advance toward her. And then add the fact that she had forgotten her bow and arrows not that it could really help her against the arctic demon. She could really get a ten out of ten for stupidity.

 

She watched warily as Sesshoumaru took his time advancing towards her. If he thinks she will just wait for him to get to her then he could think again. Kagome matched every forward step Sesshoumaru made towards her with a step backwards away from him.

 

The taiyoukai smirked. "You do realize that I could easily catch you if I really wanted to," he said mockingly.

 

Kagome's anxiety increased when her back hit a tree. And before she could even blink, Sesshoumaru is already in front of her, his face mere centimeters away from hers. He had effectivelt trapped her between the tree and his well-sculpted body. She swallowed hard. She could feel Sesshoumaru's muscles tense, it was like a coiled spring, ready to be released any minute. Warmth spread all over her body. She mentally groaned in frustration. She could not believe this! How could she lust after a demon intent on killing her? But she must admit, his body against hers really feels good. In her many encounters with the taiyoukai, this was the first time she had had physical contact with him. And she was glad nobody is here to witness her embarrassment.

 

She took a deep breath for courage. Hmm... He smells nice-clean, male and very sexy... She mentally shook her head again. She must really be going insane. That could only be the reason why she was lusting after Sesshoumaru while in this precarious situation. At the back of her mind, Kagome wondered why he hadn't killed her yet. Nobody is here to stop him anymore.

 

Her eyes strayed to the youkai's firm lips and she vaguely wondered how those lips would feel against hers. Where are these thoughts coming from? He could very well kill her and she is wondering what it would feel like to be kissed by him. Talk about insanity at its best.

 

Kagome momentarily closed her eyes. She could feel Sesshoumaru breathing down her neck. Maybe this was really her end. And these thoughts were caused by terror of being killed plus the fact that she might die a virgin. She could just imagine it now, Higurashi Kagome, born a virgin, died a virgin. Never been kissed at the age of 21. Life is so damn unfair.

 

-+-+-

 

Sesshoumaru gazed at the miko who have kept helping Inuyasha despite the hanyou's unjust treatment of her. This is the same miko who had pulled the Tetsusaiga out. Who is she that she was able to accomplish something that neither he nor Inuyahsa was able to do? He watched the play of emotions in her her transparent face. There was fear, anticipation, confusion and... excitement? Why would the miko feel excited? He looked into her unusual eyes. They were a bright clear blue which reminded him of the sky in a clear cloudless day.

 

He felt her dormant power. In that small, fragile, almost seemingly helpless body lurked a power nobody can even begin to imagine. He surveyed critically. Even she wasn't aware of the extent of her power. Sesshoumaru bent and took a discrete sniff. She smells like watermelons, sweet and refreshing. Her scent was so unlike other human who reeked of sweat. And he could also smell her innocence. Apparently, his stupid half-brother still preferred the dead miko over this one. Otherwise, he would have claimed her already. It was when he took another discreet sniff that he noticed her arousal. He smirked evilly. So, he has that effect on the little innocent miko. And he could see that even she was confused with her reaction to his nearness. It was a good thing she was not youkai because Sesshoumaru could feel his body responding to her.

 

When she closed her eyes, apparently waiting for her death, Sesshoumaru bent down a little and breathed down her neck. He was secretly satisfied when her arousal increased. He could now feel the heat radiating from her. He decided to play with her. With deliberate movements, he grazed the side of her neck with his fangs. He smirked when he felt her shudder against him. He shifted a little so that his own arousal wouldn't be obvious to the unsuspecting miko.

 

"What to do with you?" he whispered seductively against her skin. When her breast brushed accidentally against him, he almost groaned. He looked up and positioned his face so that his lips are mere inches away from hers. "Look at me," he whispered. He watched as her eyelids flickered open to reveal her usually clear blue eyes clouded with desire. His eyes followed her tongue as it nervously ran over her dried lips.

 

"What are you doing to me?" she asked in confusion.

 

Sesshoumaru gave another of his smirks. "Why? What do you feel?" he asked with his usual monotone.

 

Kagome looked into those golden eyes that looked at her with such intensity. "I don't know," she whispered. "I-" she stopped as she looked over his shoulders, her eyes widening slightly, clearing any sign of arousal.

 

"Get off her!" Inuyasha yelled.

 

Sesshoumaru turned his head to his half-brother without moving his body against Kagome. He had felt him even before he was near. He had already masked his scent to prevent the hanyou from detecting his arousal. "You do not have a right to tell this Sesshoumaru what to do," he said coldly.

 

Inuyasha trembled in anger. "Don't you dare harm her!" he threatened as he unsheathed Tetsusaiga.

 

"Use your nose," he said coldly.

 

Inuyasha's eyes widened when he smelled arousal from Kagome instead of fear and blood. "What the hell did you do to Kagome?!" he demanded angrily. "She is not just some bitch you could take anytime you want."

 

"Oh, yeah?" Kagome said mockingly. "I believe you called me bitch so many times I already lost count." Her tone was full of hurt.

 

"But Kagome," Inuyasha began.

 

"Enough," she said in a tone that rivaled Sesshoumaru's usual cold tone. "I am unharmed." Her gaze turned to Sesshoumaru.

 

Sesshoumaru returned her gaze. It was now blank. With an almost imperceptible nod, he let her go. She had just taken three steps away from him when the thought entered his mind. And for the first time in his life, Sesshoumaru did something impulsively. He grabbed her arm and whirled her towards him. He looked at her startled blue eyes before he bent down and gave her a soft lingering kiss in the mouth. "Until next time, Kagome," he whispered against her lips before he took to the sky.

 

The demon lord masked his presence and scent before landing on a tree where he could follow the miko and her comrades.

 

-+-+-

 

Kagome stood dumbfounded on the spot. Her hand flew to her mouth which has been recently kissed for the first time in her 21 years by a taiyoukai, no less. And he had used her name to address her. She didn't even know Sesshoumaru bothered to remember her name. She suddenly felt giddy. Sesshoumaru kissed her! It was no use denying it. She had had a huge crush on the cold taiyoukai ever since she first met him. He was just so magnificent and powerful. He is graceful and regal and so unpredictable. Despite the fact that their encounters were never pleasant, she can't help but be attracted to him. His coldness even added to his appeal.

 

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?" Inuyasha broke her line of thought. He looked indignantly at her.

 

She turned cold, expressionless eyes at him. "Why do you care?" she asked coldly and turned to her friends who had their mouths gaping open in shock. Even she was in shock but they didn't have to know that.

 

Inuyasha stood before her, stopping her from walking towards their friends. "Why do I care?" he asked incredulously. "He's my enemy!"

 

Kagome sighed in exasperation. "Exactly," she said in cold tone. "He's your enemy, not mine. So don't go butting in my business. Who I decide to associate with is none of your concern."

 

"Is this about Kikyou?" Inuyasha asked suspiciously. "Is this some kind of sick way to get back at me?"

 

"You know what?" Kagome said irritatedly. "You're so immature. This is not about you. In fact, this has nothing to do with Kikyou nor you. It is time you understand that my world does not revolve around you. And if you think for a second that I'm still in love with you, you are dead wrong. I can't believe you're that conceited. I've been over for you for a long time now."

 

"So, what the hell was that with Sesshoumaru?" Inuyasha demanded stubbornly.

 

Kagome shook her head in dismay. Inuyasha just wouldn't understand. "I don't have to explain myself to you," she said with finality. What would she say? Even she don't know what it was back there.

 

"What if he killed you?" Inuyasha asked.

 

"Did it look like he would kill me? He had me pinned on that tree for a few moments. If he wanted me dead I would have already been," she said and walked away from the stubborn hanyou she called her friend.

 

-+-+-

 

It was already dark and the group decided to camp out at a clearing near a hot spring. Kagome hadn't spoken a word to Inuyasha and the others had been wise enough not to ask her anything about the events that happened the previous morning. But it was obvious in the curious way they looked at her that they were dying to ask her something. They just didn't want to start another fight between Kagome and Inuyasha which was likely to happen because of the hanyou's stubborn attitude.

 

After eating, Kagome went to the hot springs to bathe. She was peacefully leaning against a rock when she felt another's presence. "Hello, Kikyou," she said, not opening her eyes.

 

Kagome heard the rustle of clothing as Kikyou settled herself on a rock near the spring. "Hello again," she said quietly.

 

Kagome's resentment towards the woman had died together with her feelings with Inuyasha. And now she and Kikyou had began to become close. It had started over a year ago when Kikyou approached her, telling her that they were not meant to be enemies. Kagome had been suspicious at first. However, the miko always seem to be around whenever she needs someone to talk to. And somehow, she felt a connection with the woman that looked so much like her. They had met constantly unknown to the others, even Inuyasha. And they had learned to appreciate each other as equals. Somewhere along the way they had become friends.

 

"Something is bothering you," the miko said. "You can tell me."

 

Kagome sighed. "Why do you always seem to know when something is bothering me?' she asked curiously, finally opening her eyes to look at the wise woman before her.

 

Kikyou shrugged. "I just felt it," she said.

 

She took a deep breath. It was curious how comfortable Kikyou made her feel. She felt closer to the miko. "I'm extremely attracted to Sesshoumaru," she said bluntly. "And I don't know what to do about it. I'm so confused. I know I shouldn't be feeling this way but I just do."

 

Kikyou nodded. "Had he not tried to kill you so many times?" she asked.

 

"No," Kagome answered. "Just that first time when I stood on his way as he tried to acquire the Tetsusaiga."

 

The older miko became thoughtful. “You're quite right,” she said after a while. “However, Sesshoumaru is a taiyoukai and one that hates human. He will not take you to be his mate. Do not forget your duty. I do not want you ending up like me.”

 

Kagome felt guilty for all the times she resented the fact that Inuyasha loves Kikyou and not her. Her heart went out to the two lovers who never had the chance to be happy together. She watched as Kikyou stood gracefully.

 

“I need to leave,” she said quietly. “Someone is coming. Be safe, Kagome.”

 

“Inuyasha still loves you,” Kagome whispered sincerely to the priestess.

 

Kikyou smiled sadly. “It was never meant to be,” she said before turning away and disappearing to the forest.

 

A few moments later, Sango emerged from the trees, ready to join her in her bath. She smiled at her friend and engaged her in a conversation about sword techniques. For the past two years, Sango had taught her how to wield a katana and she had also helped her practice her bow and arrows. Kagome felt more useful now that she can defend herself. Her taijiya friend even remarked that she is now very proficient in using a katana.

 

In her free time, Kagome also tries to improve her miko skills. Although her powers are not very strong, she can now call it forth at will unlike before when she just accidentally release it. In fact, she can now use any medium to channel her energy and not just the bow and arrows. Currently, she is trying to practice releasing her miko powers without the use of any medium.

 

They finished their bath and walked back to their companions.

 

-+-+-

 

In a cave near the Western lands, two individuals met. “The time nears,” the old man sitting on a rock, said gravelly.

 

A small youkai hopped onto the said person. He nodded in agreement, his little arms crossed. “Yes,” Myouga said in his usual wise tone. “We have waited long but the time is near. Do you have it?”

 

Totousai took out another katana forged out of Inutaisho’s fang. But this one is different than the two that he had given his two sons. The great demon also infused his youki in it. Neither Sesshoumaru nor Inuyasha knew of the swords existence. Only Myouga, Totousai and Inutaisho knew about it.

 

“It is here,” the old man said. “But who would be the one to wield it? Did Inutaisho-sama tell you anything?”

 

The flea youkai shook his head. “It was all unclear,” he replied. “All he said was that she will return and she will wield the sword. And that she would change the fate of the Palace of the Moon.”

 

“Could he be talking about the return of the child he had been tasked to throw into the enchanted well?” Totousai asked curiously.

 

“I do not know,” the flea youkai said. Both of them thought of the young miko who had been able to travel back and forth through time with the help of the Bone Eater’s well. Was she the one? Or was it just coincidence?

 

Silence reigned over the two loyal vassals of the former great demon lord of the West. Both pondered on the identity of the person who was intended to wield the magnificent sword.

 

End chapter.

 

-+-+-

 

Author’s Note: I want to make it clear that there is no love involve in what happened in the chapter. That was pure physical attraction. I think it would be too fast if they are suddenly in love in the first chapter and entirely impossible. Oh! As for who was watching Inutaisho… I’m not telling yet… But you could guest! Tell me what you think about the chapter. I kinda got tired of Kikyou siding with Naraku so I wanted to make a more acceptable character for her. Ta-ta for now! ^^,