- Text Size +

"I'll be expecting them then," the ancient sensei lowered the telephone to the receiver on his desk with a thump.

"Higurashi Souta, please come to the front of the class." The raspy voice drowned out the quiet whispers and rustling papers in the Third Year Section B classroom. The sensei narrowed his eyes and tapped his pencil impatiently on the desk, waiting as Souta moved reluctantly to stand in front of him.

Souta dipped a shallow bow and gulped nervously, "You called for me, Jaken-sensei?"

Dropping his pencil, the sensei steepled his fingers on the surface of his desk. "Higurashi, I have a task for you," he stated and paused before continuing.

In the pregnant pause, came a shrilly screamed, "You Hentai!" The sound of open hand impacting skin accompanied the screech.

The loud crash of a massive object hitting the lockers lining the hallway echoed throughout the corridor. A muffled groan and protestations of innocence followed the clicking heels down the corridor. The feminine footsteps stopped just outside the classroom door. The louder thuds of running masculine footsteps ended in a skid and a body impacted the classroom door, flinging it open.

A dark haired boy tumbled into the classroom. A girl stepped carefully over his prone body, her black high ponytail waving as she made her way across the groaning obstruction into the open area in front of the chalkboard. The girl turned and bowed to the teacher and the class. As the boy clambered to his feet, several girls giggled at the vivid red hand print across his cheek. His dark blue eyes twinkled as he turned and bowed in their direction. "I must be in heaven, the room is filled with so many lovely angels," he commented. The girl standing next to the boy took two steps away from him and averted her gaze.

"Ehm," the sensei rapped his pencil on the desk, attempting to regain the attention of his class. "I see you two have already met," he commented dryly.

Souta stared at the two unfamiliar students fidgeting in the front of the classroom. Though he was sure he had never seen either of them before, there was something familiar about them.

"Higurashi," the sensei said loudly, catching Souta's attention. The new girl looked up in confusion and stared at him. The boy smirked knowingly and sidled toward the girl as he extended a hand.

"Higurashi, you will be responsible for showing the two new transfer students around the school." The short bald teacher rose from his desk and moved toward the window, looking outward. "Introduce yourselves and tell the class something about your background," he instructed his new victims.

"Hiraikotsu Sango, I just transferred from Kyoto and am very pleased to be accepted into such a prestigious class," the girl finished with a second bow.

The boy straightened and smirked at the crowd, his eyes lingeringly swept over all the girls in the class. He bowed theatrically and winked at the three girls in the front row, "Kami has blessed this humble former student of the Osaka Religious Academy. An all-male school is much less suitable than this classroom filled with lovely ladies. I am Sohei Miroku and I am most pleased to meet all you lovelies."

Sango snorted contemptuously and moved away just in time to avoid Miroku's groping hand. Souta shook his head; he remembered his sister's stories of the valiant taijiya and the monk with the roving hands. He just never thought he would see them in the flesh.

The End