- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or any of the characters in the anime or manga series. I make no money off this story.
 

The Love of a Stranger

Disclaimer: If I owned Inuyasha Kikyo wouldn’t Be anywhere in the story.

Unfortunately I don’t and that’s why she is still there.

--

"He left me alone all these years and now he expects me to just come crawling back again."

I gripped the photo of us tightly in my hand as the cold chilled my body.

"Life is just a huge upset."

I cried as I knelt into the snow before my father's grave.

There was a small cup-like thing on the grave used for burning small incense sticks.

I carefully placed the photo of us there and lit the lighter.

"Every memory of us deserves to go to hell; I want nothing more to do with him."

The memories of us slowly passed in my mind as the flame from the burning past grew brighter.

The good times we had in the park, the arrangements to get married this coming fall.

Those were good memories.

Even the bad memories I had pushed to the back of my mind, were being drawn out by the brightness of the flame.

The time he hit for accidently over cooking his food.

Or the other time he stayed out all night and never even bothered to call.

"That Damn bastard gave me hell all my life, and now he has the nerve to try to be nice and come back."

I hear barking which brings me out of my horrid trance.

A cute white puppy with blue eyes pounces on me and starts licking my face.

"Such a cute puppy now who do you belong to?"

Obviously the pup had to belong to someone.

"Marron? Marron, Where are you?"

I hear a man calling as the pup, whose name must be Marron struggled to get out of my arms.

I heard the dog bark and a man saying something, then footsteps begin to ascend in my direction.

I almost lose my breathe as I gasp at the man before me.

He's tall around 5'7", with silver flowing down his back.

He's not much of an athlete as I can tell, but his skin tone says otherwise.

I'm so deep in his features; I fail to hear him saying something.

Merci de trouvermonchiot.”

He speaks French!

My mind was racing as I tried to understand what he said.

But I quickly blurted out,

Nani?”

He stares at me for a few minutes, until he finally understands that I don’t speak French.

H calmly says with a slight French dialect,

Thank you for finding my puppy.”

I just keep staring at him until I feel the warmth of the small fire disappear.

I quickly get up enough courage to speak.

Namae wa Minamoto Kagome desu.”

I can see he is as lost as I was when he spoke French.

I manage to let out a small laugh and say again,

My name is Kagome Minamoto.”

I try not to confuse him again so I ask in English.

What’s your name?”

Marron began to lick his hand as he begins to look toward me with a sweet smile on his face,

Inuyasha Takashi, pleased to meet you Ms. Minamoto.”

As he takes my hand and shakes it, I begin to feel like Marron brought us together for a reason.

The burning picture begins to scatter in the wind, pieces of my past life that I hope to never see again.

--

This was so cute 

Should I turn it into a story or should I just leave it as it is?

Well either way, please Read and review 