- Text Size +

 (I don't own the InuYasha Characters, this is simply fan-made. Enjoy!)

Chapter one: Tears

______________________________________________________________________

 Kouga begging Kagome to give him a chance.

"Kagome, just give me a chance." The wolf demon pleaded

Kagome looked into his crystal blue eyes and he looked into her beautiful brown ones. The look on his face, made her heart pound loudly in her chest. InuYasha never showed his true feelings like Kouga had... InuYasha always made her feel like a replacement for Kikyo. She knew it would take InuYasha a while to get over Kikyo, but now he seemed to be visiting her everyday. It made her heart break more each time and she knew her heart wouldn't be able to take much more of it. Kouga on the other hand was never afraid to show his true feelings. He was always so nice to her and even brought her gifts to show that he cared. Kouga made her feel special, so why not give him a chance???

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Ok, let's just rewind this story a bit...

Kagome, InuYasha, Sango, Miroku, Shippo and Kirara were traveling in search of Naraku's castle. They stopped to take a break by the river and that's when Kikyo's soul collectors were seen flying above their heads. InuYasha immediately was on his feet, chasing after them in a pursuit to see his first love. Kagome, quietly snuck away to silently cry her heart out, wondering if InuYasha would ever love her the way he loves Kikyo. Meanwhile, Kouga was traveling with his two comrades, Ginta and Hakkaku when...

*Kouga's POV*

Lifting my nose to the air, I inhaled the familiar scent of honeydew melon. I grinned at the thought of seeing Kagome again. I glanced behind me and saw, as usual, Ginta and Hakkaku were falling behind.

"Hey! Ginta, Hakkaku, I'm going on ahead." I yelled as I picked up speed.

As I ran faster and faster, the scent of Kagome grew stronger. I could also smell the mutt face... but it seemed he was heading in the opposite direction of Kagome. Leaving Kagome alone... If she gets hurt, I'll tear that mutt to shreds!!! Running faster, thoughts of her warm, smiling face filled my mind. She's always so cheerful and happy. I wish I could wake up and see her smile every day.

Running through the forest, I finally came apon a clearing. I could hear crying and the smell of salt was mixed in with Kagome's sweet scent. Then I saw her. Sitting on a well, crying her heart out. I balled my hand into a fist at the thinking that the mutt caused her so much pain. I wanted her tears to stop, to see her smile again. I slowly walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Kagome..."

"Ko- kouga What are you doing here?" 

"Kagome, why are you crying?"

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

End Chapter