- Text Size +

(I don't own the InuYasha Characters, this is simply fan-made. Enjoy!)

Chapter Seven: Sweet Dreams

_______________________________________________________________________

Recap:

"I'm not sure. When I turned around, he was gone. Ugh, I'm so confused!!! Part of me loves Inuyasha, but I think part of me is falling for Kouga!" She exclaimed.

"It'll be ok, Kagome. I'm sure you'll figure things out, eventually." I said, trying to calm her down.

"I sure hope you're right, Sango.."

End Recap.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*Kouga's POV*

Curious about what they were going to discuss, I followed them, secretly, to listen in on their conversation. Keeping my back to them, I sat there, hidden behind a large tree near the hot spring, trying to piece together what I had just heard.

'So, she does have feelings for me after all..,' I thought. 'But she also has feelings for the mutt. He constantly abandons her for his old girlfriend! He breaks her heart. You deserve better than that, Kagome..'

I slowly stood up and left, knowing that if I stayed much longer, sooner or later Kagome would sense the jewel shards in my legs.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

*Kagome's POV*

As we headed back to the village, I felt a sting of guilt, remembering the kiss I had shared with Kouga. Of course, it was him, not me who started it. But the fact remained that I had kissed back. I sighed as I thought back to the day when I had witnessed Inuyasha kiss Kikyo.

Reaching the village, I could see Inuyasha leaning up against the sacred tree. I looked at him and he looked at me. Our eyes locked and everything seemed to stand still as we tried to read each other's facial expressions.

Then, in one swift movement he looked away and I kept walking in silence. The sun was setting and everyone was tired, so we all went to sleep.

~o~o~o~o~o~x~o~o~o~o~o~

*Kagome's Dream* 

"Inuyasha!" I called as I ran through the endless forest.

Naraku's laughter echoes through the trees. I ran faster. The demons were closing in on me.

"Inuyasha!!" I called louder.

More laughter is heard.

The forest opens up to reveal Inuyasha embracing Kikyo.

"I-Inuyasha?" I breathed out.

He looked at me.

"You're nothing, compared to Kikyo." He said. "And now that I have her, I don't need you anymore."

Tears ran down my face. The demons swooped down upon me and I closed my eyes.

When nothing happened, I opened my eyes and saw Kouga battling all the demons. They all seemed to disappear. He walked up to me and held my hand in his.

"Are you ok, Kagome?" He asked me.

"Yeah.." I responded.

We stared at each other, leaning closer and closer, untill we kissed.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

*Kagome's POV* 

I awoke, my heart pounding heavily in my chest. I looked around.

It was still dark out and Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, Shippo, & Kouga were all still sound asleep.

Climbing out of my sleeping bag, I quietly walked away. I sat down by the river, thinking about my dream. I stared into the water, watching the moon's reflection.

Suddenly, I saw Kouga's reflection in the water. I turned around slowly and saw him standing there.

"Hey Kagome. Couldn't sleep?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

"Yeah.." I said, looking back at the water.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

End Chapter