- Text Size +

Kagome Riddle

 

Disclaimer: Inuyasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Harry Potter belongs to J K Rowling while I own nothing (which is amply clear)

 

Summary: Kagome's past is revealed. She is a descendant of the Riddle house. She hears of her father's mysterious death. Now she's out for revenge. No one knows what she is after and dangerous deals are about and what new adventures is the 6th year of Hogwarts bringing for the Golden trio?

 

Italics: Japanese

Normal: English

Bold: Youkai tongue (AN: Youkai tongue is NOT barks and yips :p)

 

Chapter 10: The Dragon's Jewel

 

Kagome's POV~~~~~

 

After 2 years of returning to the future forever, my family was here with me. I looked around the dinner table. At the head of the table, Sesshoumaru sat, impassive as always. Across the table, my dear son, Shippo sat. Next to him, Harry, Hermione and Ron sat, having quite the trouble using chopsticks. And finally, my wonderful (yeah right!) husband sat next to me wolfing down his food making me want to ‘sit' him.

 

After everyone finished, the plates vanished and the dining table seats morphed into comfortable couches and the table into a small tea-poi.

 

"Ryuuki, it is time." Sesshoumaru told Inuyasha who stood up and stretched his hand towards me. If I didn't know Inuyasha better, I'd probably mistake him to be a perfect gentle man.

 

‘I wish Sango and Miroku were here to see this. Yes, it was hilarious to see the king of bad mouthing behave like a gentle man' I thought.

 

He saw my expression and glared at me first and then growled but stopped because of the company he was in. ‘I guess he's vary of Harry, Hermione and Ron.' Deciding to save him from the torture, I got up with a smile on my face.

 

Inuyasha led me to a door on the other side of the room never once letting go of my hand. He led me in and closed the door behind him.

 

The room was plain, empty and dark. There were no windows, no lights. It was lit only by candle light. All the four walls of the large room were lined with candles. But the center of the room was left in darkness.

 

 "Inuyasha?" I called. "I missed you." He said tightening the hold on my hand. His warm golden eyes shone in the darkness. He had let his illusion down and his features were clearly seen in soft light of the candles. He was an angel!

 

"I missed you too." I said

 

He pulled my closer to him and buried his nose in the crook of my neck and held me by my waist. "I missed you." he said again, "your scent, your eyes, your touch, gods, everything about you!"

 

"What are we doing here Inuyasha?" I asked slowly as he kissed my neck. He stopped but didn't let go of me. "500 years ago, we became mates..." He said.

 

"Mm hmm, mates forever." I said resting my head on his shoulder. "Kagome, did you notice any changes in your aging in the past two years?" he asked out of nowhere.

 

"No, of course not. I'm aging like any hu-" I stopped in mid sentence and realized it. I was still a human.

 

"Yes." He said hugging me tightly as if it would stop me from disappearing for ever. If I was a human then, I would disappear, there was no other way. After all, a human's lifetime was but a moment of a youkai. In the blink of his eyes I would vanish.

 

"500 years ago, we became mates but the ceremony was not completed. I didn't complete it." he sounded guilty.

 

"Why? Was it because of Kikyo?" I asked instinctively tightening my grip, my happiness in seeing him slipping into sadness.

 

"No." He said as reassuringly as possible. "It was because of Sesshoumaru."

 

Okay, now I was confused, what was I missing here? "What?" I said louder than intended. Inuyasha winced, his ear being so close. I backed up from his embrace. "Sorry, I'm just surprised is all. Why would he stop us? I thought he gave his blessings already and accepted us into the pack too."

 

"He did. That is why we are here now. But there were two unsure factors back then. One was the fact that you time traveled. If you were changed, we didn't how it would affect the well. There too many possibilities. It might stop working; you could even have been killed! I didn't want to lose you like that nor did I want to keep you from your family." he explained.

 

I nodded in understanding. That would have probably caused a lot of problems. I guessed that it was Sesshoumaru who thought of all these. After all, he considered every possibility in situation. But there was another reason wasn't there? "And the other reason?" I prompted him.

 

"The other reason is..." he said looking right into my eyes "that you are a miko- no one has ever completed a successful ceremony with a miko, never! Either one or both of them die." The intensity of his eyes struck a painful chord in my heart. I had never seen such helplessness in his eyes, even when Kikyo tried to kill him; he had held himself much better than this.

 

"What about Tensaiga? Sesshoumaru wouldn't be heartless enough to leave us dead. He would bring us back. He has the power to change everything. It's going to be alright isn't it?" I asked him.

 

"That idiot did bring the Tensaiga with him. If it wasn't for me, at least for you, he would revive us. But, it still doesn't help us. Once the blade touches your soul, our bond is broken forever. The little connection we share now will also be permanently severed."

 

"So, there is only one chance" I told the obvious thing to him.

 

"Yeah, if we fail, it is for ever. So..." He said

 

I took a step forward, "We are going to take it aren't we?" I told with a small smile on my face.

 

"Yeah." He said.

 

Like the fools we were when we stood up against Naraku so many times without as much as a plan, we would take the chance even if it killed us. Not that Naraku would have let us plan anything, his traps were always surprising. But, there was no doubt from the start that we would never back out...no doubt at all.

 

We reached the centre of the room.

 

There was a low wooden table with closed bowl on it. "Open it." Inuyasha said sensing my curiosity. I did. Inside the bowl, the first thing I saw was the sight of a bright full moon as if reflected in the dark water present in the bowl. True, there was no moon for the light to be reflected but still...the soft glow was so realistic.

 

"The moon, how-" I asked Inuyasha.

 

"It's not really there." He said.

 

"Of course the moon is not there! I know that. But how is it reflected if it isn't even night time?" I argued

 

"Keh! I'm not talking about the moon, I'm talking about the water! Baka onna." He said with irritation.

 

"Huh? But I can see the water." I put my hand into the bowl. Even though my hands were touching the water it did not form ripple at all, nor did the image waver. I lifted my hand up and it was as dry as before.

 

"Youkai mating ceremony is different from human marriages. You know that, right?"

 

"Yeah"

 

"Do you know why youkai are stronger than humans in their senses and strengths? It is because they are more a part of nature than humans. The elements become a part of us from our birth and we learn to mould into our strength either instinctively or by practicing our skills."

"Like that Kaze no Kizu (the wound of the wind), right? You can use it only if you can smell the cutting wind." I noted

 

"Keh! Yeah. But part of being banished was growing up not being able to learn about the origins of youkai, so I don't know how all those attacks work. But you can ask Sesshoumaru about it if you want to know more.

 

 Inu (dog youkai),  ookami (wolf youkai) and other such youkai are usually associated with the moon, the wind, the earth, the water, the shadow etc and kitsune (fox youkai), neko (cat youkai) like lions, tigers are associated with the sun, the fire, the lightning, the light, etc. Dragons like Ryuukosei can be of any element but are purely of one element. Oni (ogres) can be of any element or not have an element at all but have special abilities, like Yura, Goshinki and Kanna."

 

Yes I knew this. Midoriko had taught me about the origins of youkai. A miko (priestess) should be aware of them. This was part of the training that every miko had to go through. Only then could we understand our own powers. A miko was the one who kept the youkai from using their powers for selfish reasons.

 

"Anyway, so even the mating ceremony involves the elements. The youkai have mediums to connect to the nature and it differs from one pack to another. The western royal house uses a special spring which is visible only on the night of the full moon called the-"

 

"-the MizuTsuki" both of us said at the same time.

 

"How did you know that?" he questioned me.

 

"Umm...Midoriko trained me through the spirit of the Shikon." I told him.

 

"You mean I wasted all this time telling you something you already knew? Do you think I enjoy telling all that? What a waste of time!"

 

"It wasn't a waste of time Inuyasha. I only knew about the origins of the youkai and about the spring because Midoriko thought it was right for me to know about them. Besides, it's nice to know that sometimes, you use that brain of yours."

 

"Thank- hey! I always use my brain." He protested.

 

"Uh-huh! Continue now." I prompted him.

 

He continued, but not before saying ‘stupid wench', "I got this stuff on the full moon might before our mating in past. Now, we got to complete the ceremony, the last part- the blood bond."

 

Nodding, I told him to start it. We sat down next each other. Inuyasha dipped his hand in the bowl and carved out my name on his left arm drawing out blood. I watching with a mixture of concern, horror and slight fascination as the letters in blood lifted into the air and entered the bowl to form a swirl of red never mixing with the water without laving as much as a scar on his arm.. Then, he turned to me.

 

"Your turn. Don't worry; I'll be painless, k?" He wrote his name and the same thing happened and my hand was unscathed. The swirls never met with the water or each other.

 

"Nothing happened. Does that mean, there's no problem??" I asked

 

"As if! We're just starting." He said.

 

I stuck a tongue out at him playfully to forget the tension a little.

 

He brought his right hand forward and pushed the mass of hair on my right shoulder back "I'll need put my mark again." He whispered in ear in a low voice. "Release all your powers. Don't hold anything back... after this I'll be completely lost to my demon too. Whatever happens, this is the last moment under our control."

 

He tilted his head such that our cheeks rested on each others. "I love you, wench. Don't ya ever forget that." He had a small smirk on his face that she could see but feel. "Mmm, I love you too. Don't forget that or I'll say the ‘s' word till you can't stand straight." Kagome threatened him.

 

He leaned in to place his mark exactly where he placed it 502 years ago. Following it was a burst of magic from the both of them. Kagome clutched Inuyasha's shoulders with all her strength and eyes tightly shut.

 

The world around them seemed to disappear as Inuyasha's eyes bled red and his irises turned a terrifying dark blue. Jagged stripes began forming on his cheek. His claws and fangs grew and he lost control of himself completely.

 

Neither noticed as a small glow was formed in the center of the bowl and the swirl began spinning faster and faster...

 

More magic leaked from the two. The auras were so powerful they almost became visible to even an untrained eye. Kagome's aura was a light blue mixing with the power of the Shikon's pink aura creating a purple hue while Inuyasha's was a dark crimson. The initial force of the auras had extinguished every candle in room and was now lit in the lights of magic with bright sparks whenever the auras clashed.

 

The small glow in the bowl had spread to the entire surface as if the moon within was glowing.  The silverish light turned bright crimson as the water disappeared and the blood spun in air, fast and seemingly furious. The ki entered the small disk of blood floating above the bowl and the room was filled with an ominous red light.

 

Kagome slowly opened her eyes but didn't dare let go of Inuyasha. "What is happening, Inuyasha?" she asked as she saw the light. "Kagome..." Inuyasha called in a low but hoarse, desperate voice as he struggled to control his beast. "Get away from me..."

 

OUTSIDE:

 

Harry's POV~~~~~

 

The strange magic continued to clash and each and every time waves of magic seemed to send a chill down my spine. No one had spoken a word after Seiran. Everyone was staring at the door. There were cracks on the walls and each new pulse damaged the room.

 

For a moment I wondered why no one from the bar rushed in and demanded to know what was happening in here. Surely magic of this magnitude would cause alarm, especially since everyone was afraid of Voldemort and his return. Maybe they were trapped here- the door was locked by magic and no one could enter.

 

Silently I averted my eyes to the other door. It was still. I guess it was the only part of the room that was unaffected by all this fiasco. Next, I looked towards Hiroki. I could easily mistake him to be completely calm about the situation if not for the concern in his voice when had been talking to Seiran or his timely glances towards the door.

 

‘I can't take the silence anymore!' the oppressive silence was more than what he could handle. ‘I am going to answers, what ever happens!' I decided.

 

"What do you mean it begins?" I asked Seiran in as much a demanding voice as I could muster. I didn't get an answer. My wand was pointed at Seiran again while Hermione and Ron had theirs against Hiroki. But neither seemed to be intimidated by the wands, in fact Seiran had the audacity to  lean back on his chair and smirk; as if he found us funny!

 

"Hiroki, what is happening?" Hermione asked him.

 

"It's......nothing." Hiroki said in a neutral tone.

 

"Well, it doesn't seem like nothing!" I had enough of this. I was going to find out what that feeling was at whatever cost. "I think it's no use asking anyone." I moved towards the door and Ron and Hermione followed me. As soon as I touched the door, a powerful force threw me back and I fell on Ron and Hermione.

 

"Ow!! What was that for, mate? You could have at least warned us" Ron complained.

 

"I don't know what happened." I admitted shaking my head.

 

"It's a shield!" Hermione exclaimed understanding what happened.

 

"Always knew you were the smartest ‘mione" Hiroki stretched his hand in front of me. Though his tone was teasing, his expression was serious. "And it's best you don't do such hasty things Harry" None of us accepted his help.

 

"Why is there a shield around that room? What are you hiding in there?" There were far too many things kept secret.

 

Hiroki was about to answer when Seiran interrupted. "Kit, you aren't obliged to answer them."

 

"Hai" Hiroki agreed but didn't stop. "Don't go in there. You can't handle that magnitude of magic. The shield protects everyone here. But if you open that door, the barrier will break. You can't handle that."

 

"I'll put another shield around us." I replied moving towards the door.

 

"A shield of that strength wouldn't hold for a second." Seiran commented. "You overestimate yourself. I'm surprised you haven't killed yourself with your reckless behavior. At least Inuyasha had strength to back his wild ways"

 

"How dare you say that?" I was fuming. Turning around completely, I glared at him.

 

"Harry is not weak in the very least. He defeated the dark lord, not once but five times." Ron shouted at Seiran. This guy was too arrogant for his own good.

 

"Luck, I'd say." Seiran smirked at me...

 

I didn't say anything to that. On one side I was angry. One can't judge a person on their first meeting! Everyone just assumed things about you once you are in the limelight. The daily bugle, the ministry, the other students, everyone! They didn't know what it was to be in his shoes. It was not his choice to become a child of prophecy. They couldn't just judge him, spread rumors about him! But, I can't exactly stop the world from doing all that... it would continue despite it all.

 

But on the other side... on the other side... all I could see was Sirius's face in his last memory. It hurt... to be so helpless... to be so weak. It struck a chord in my heart. Maybe it was the way he said it... that I realized it or it was acceptance of something he always knew. ‘Can I really stop Voldemort?'

 

Even though I supposedly defeated him 5 times... was it really my effort? The answer didn't come to me. But, I did know one thing, next time it wouldn't be the same- I won't let it be. I will make sure that the next time would unquestionably be skill. I glared back at Seiran, making this decision.

 

"Kit, erect a shield." Seiran told Hiroki whilst he stood up slowly. I was brought out of my thoughts. Then, I realized something- I couldn't feel the magic any longer. It had almost dimmed down to nil, a weak pulse as if a life was barely hanging.

 

"Hai!" Hiroki nodded and moved towards the door and stood in between us and the door.

 

"If you're going inside, then so am I." I demanded. Seiran was someone I didn't trust in the least and he would tell it without hesitation. "I don't trust you."

 

"Harry" the others said softly.

 

I was still looking at Seiran. He was closing eyes concentrating on something for sure. But I wasn't prepared for what happened next. Seiran moved so fast, it seemed as if he apparated in front of me. He drew his sword and slashed it towards my neck. On reflex, I bent back avoiding the sword but fell back.

 

Everyone was still. Shocked! No one, not even Hiroki guessed that.

 

"What was that for?" I shouted up at him.

 

"Hn, weak! As I thought, you are yet to learn the art." He simply said and walked towards the door. Ron gave me a hand up.

 

"Good thing, it was Tensaiga" Hiroki muttered under his breath with a sigh but I was able to hear it since I was standing next to him. "I'm going to erect it right now. You can go in." Hiroki said loudly. "Stand behind me every one" No one moved. Hiroki made some signs with his right hand fast and perfectly, closed his eyes and chanted a spell and as soon as he was done a glowing green hemisphere surrounded us. He didn't use his wand.

 

Seiran nodded and opened the door. A burst of power flooded through the door. The force caused the furniture to vibrate. But somehow it was all deflected away from him and clashed with the barrier causing ripples as the barrier absorbed the magic. Seiran closed the door behind him. The last thing I saw was the glowing sword. After that Hiroki brought the shield down.

 

"And now we wait..." Hiroki said.

 

(AN: Seriously guys, I'm tempted to stop here. I mean it's such a coincidence that it's such a daring cliffhanger. But... since I haven't explained the dragon's jewel, this chapter has no meaning. So, you guys better review a LOT.)

 

Kagome's POV~~~~~

 

 I held Inuyasha tighter. As the crimson light lit the room, I found that I couldn't close my eyes again. Faintly I could register Inuyasha's claws on my shoulders drawing blood. I didn't need to look at him to see the jagged marks on his face, the burning crimson of his eyes with no control in them. I knew that he wasn't in control anymore, that he didn't know what he was doing anymore. Inuyasha's youki was burning me, my very soul. If I had had no experience with pain before I probably would have been screaming in pain already.

 

I knew it was the same with Inuyasha. My miko ki was hurting him and his instincts were retaliating. Maybe this is what he meant by no miko and youkai have ever completed the bond. The instincts would overpower them. So, now I need to find a way to overpower these instincts, control my miko ki from going crazy, stop Inuyasha and find a way to make all of this work. Great! As easy as breathing...on the moon.

 

I took in a light breath and tried to control my powers such that it didn't hurt Inuyasha.

 

It was then that my attention was drawn to the Mizu Tsuki. A sudden blast hit us so hard my head became woozy. As my head began clearing, I saw the crimson light soften into a mild blue.

 

‘The blood changed colors?' I thought. ‘That must have hit my head harder than I thought'

 

But the change in color definitely gave me hope, hope that this was going to work. Anything but  that ominous red. I didn't notice Inuyasha's now lose grip or the red slowly fade from his eyes until on of his hands wrapped around my neck.

 

"Inuyasha!" I was relieved. He had gained some control.

 

"Kagome, why didn't you get away? I could have killed you in that state." He asked me.

 

"Every time, you ask the same question. You should know by now what my answer is." I replied

 

Chuckling, he said, "Yeah, I guess I should know the answer by now. This time though, it has helped us."

 

"So, you see it too?" I asked him. All the while that I had been speaking to him my eyes were glued to the Mizu Tsuki...

 

"See what?" he was confused.

 

"That." I simply left it at that pointing to the Mizu Tsuki.

 

Inuyasha's eyes too were stuck to the scene. From the centre of the swirling mass, a tiny figure rose up. It had glow about itself, a serene light glimmering around it. It was a pale blue dragon which seemed to shine like a crystal. The long dragon curled up into itself in mid air. Opening its mouth, it sucked, at least appeared to, the entire Mizu Tsuki into its mouth as it condensed into a tiny turquoise jewel, just hovering near the mouth.

 

The dragon and the jewel split into two identical pieces or mirror images to be precise and floated towards us. One landed on my right shoulder and the other on Inuyasha's. It was their mark.

 

Realization dawned on me. I understood what the Mizu Tsuki stood for, what the dragon was, what the bond was about... the dragon you could say was a rough representation of Ryuukosei, the dragon that Inutaisho sealed and Inuyasha defeated... the dragon represented Inuyasha as that was one of Inuyasha's greatest achievements and the jewel represented the shikon no tama, so it represented her as the shikon miko. The jewel was placed such that it looked as if the dragon was its protector as if representing Inuyasha's and her promise to each other made years ago during their journey.

 

Yes, I understood it. This ceremony was not the making of a bond but a strengthening of the bond. A part of him would always be with me and a part of me always with him and we would forever be two halves of a whole......

 

My eyelids drooped down heavily. I was too drained to stay awake. The last thing I heard before completely losing my consciousness was someone opening the door.

 

A's POV~~~~~

 

Sesshoumaru opened the door. Strong magic came at him but the Tensaiga deflected it completely. There was only one reason he entered, it was because Kagome's aura was completely depleted and whatever she sustained right now was only her life energy. She would be helpless in this state and should anything happen, she would be more helpless than a baby. As the alpha of the pack, he would have to help her; no one else would be able to even get close to them.

 

Inuyasha and the miko sat in the centre of the room. He could see the miko's head over Inuyasha's shoulder closing her eyes shut.

 

"Inuyasha" he stated in his usual voice. "I have come to collect the Mizu Tsuki." The only acknowledgement he received was a tiny nod. As he moved to the vessel, he saw his face. It seemed more content than in a long time. He would complete the ceremony... Raising his hand over Mizu Tsuki, he willed it disappear, its work was finally complete. As an alpha of the family, he had given his blessings.

 

"What now?" Inuyasha asked his brother.

 

"She'll need time to recover. So do you." Sesshoumaru told him. "It's best you leave."

 

"Leave?"

 

"For the weekend at least" Sesshoumaru smirked. "Take care of her." he said snapping his fingers. A bag appeared in front of Inuyasha.

 

He didn't say anything else though, nothing about Kagome's new knowledge of magic. It was something he would confront her about in the future. But for now he would let her play her game...

 

A new door appeared and Inuyasha left with Kagome and a "Thanks teme." The door closed and vanished. It was a sort of portal system. Since not many people used this, it was convenient for them. Five hundred and two years and it was finally over.

 

AN: Hey you guys. I know it's been a LOOOOOOOONG time since I last updated. But I had several factors accounting to this delay. I have to say I'm truly sorry because I really didn't want to leave the story for so long. But I do thank all of you for your patience.

 

I have a few announcements to make.

 

  1. Kagome Riddle is a ridiculously long plot according to me since I've completed only approx 20 percent of the plot as of now and I have many doubts in how to present some parts of the plot. (Any help will be appreciated). But I will see to the end of the story. That is a promise to all of you and myself.
  2. I will be revising the story and have started it already. I'm terribly disappointed by my earlier chapters, especially the first. But it will not change the plot in any way- just the presentation. I want your opinions about this.
  3. I'm happy to clear any doubts about the story- like the fact that Sesshoumaru also knows wizardry. Though I don't mention it, it's kinda shown in the last part of the chapter. So anything, I'm willing to clear

 

Thank you J

 

Please Review