- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Read and find out

KAGOME RIDDLE

Disclaimer: Inuyasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Harry Potter belongs to J K Rowling and this plot solely belongs to me.

Summary: Kagome’s past is revealed. She is a descendant of the Riddle house. She hears of her father’s mysterious death. Now she’s out for revenge. No one knows what she is after and dangerous deals are about and what new adventures is the 6th year of Hogwarts bringing for the Golden trio?

Italics: Japanese

Normal: English

Chapter 4: A school day

A’s POV~~~~~

The first day after coming to Hogwarts, we unpacked and relaxed. We each received our schedules. We were in the Gryffindor common room.

“So, when do we have DADA?” Ron asked.

“Why are you so interested in DADA, Ron?” Harry asked.

“‘Cause she’s cool. I mean after what she did to Malfoy, I know this year is going to be the best.” He replied.

“Yeah, I guess it is going to be good.” Harry said with very little excitement.

“Mate, what’s wrong?” Ron asked.

“I don’t know Ron. I feel strange around her.” Harry answered softly.

“What do you mean strange?” Hermione asked.

“It’s like she can see through me.”

“Like read your mind?” Hermione asked.

“No, like feel my heart.”

“Feel your heart? You are out of your mind Harry.” Ron said.

“You’ve been saying really strange things after you had that vision.” Ron then added softly.

“What vision?” Hermione asked, now curious.

“A vision of Voldemort” Harry whispered.

”Don’t say his name!” Ron almost shouted out loud.

“I had a vision where he was making a deal with a hooded perso- wait that’s it” Harry exclaimed suddenly.

“What’s it?” Ron asked.

“The hooded man had a different accent, it was a Japanese accent.” Harry deduced.

“You are not saying that she-” Hermione started.

“No, no, no. Not like that. I’m not suspecting her. I just recognized the accent” Harry replied.

“I see” responded Hermione nonchalantly.

“What about the other girl?” Ron asked.

“What other girl?” Hermione asked.

“Well after the hooded person finalized the deal, warned him and left with his invisible followers, He began talking about a girl who was a part of his family. This girl is supposedly a very special girl as all the Death Eaters claimed as too good to be ‘human’ and she’s supposed to be the key to winning this war and that she was coming to England.” Harry explained.

“The Dark Lord’s family? Who is she?” Hermione asked.

“I don’t know, just as he was about tell who she was, I ended up in this black empty space with this one other glowing person who I have no idea as to who it was, and by the time I was back in the Riddle house, he had already told everyone who she was. The only thing I heard was ‘-my family’.” Harry replied.

“Oh! That’s not very useful.” Hermione leaned back in her seat, “I can’t find out about her”.

“That’s alright. But there was also something else.” Harry pondered.

“What?” Hermione asked.

“Something to do with Wormtail but I can’t remember it.” Harry said.

“That’s alright. Anyway, since it’s almost dinner time, let’s go down to the great hall.” Ron said.

“Always talking about food.” Hermione commented.

“And you’re always talking about books.” Ron came back at her. Both glared.

“Guys don’t argue now.” Harry desperately tried to avoid a bad scene.

Both of them backed down and all of them went to the great hall for dinner. After that, they talked about the identity of the hooded person a while longer in the common room before going to sleep.

The next day~~~~~

The first day of school came and all the students followed the strict rule of getting up early with a passionate hatred. After getting ready, they went down to the great hall for break fast.

Schedule (common)

1- Herbology

2- Potions

3- Potions

Lunch

4- Transfiguration

5- Free period

6- Defense Against the Dark Arts

In Herbology, they planted a batch of Devil’s Snare using seeds and planted them in one of the dungeons of Hogwarts so that no light would be present. They were supposed to use their magic to make it grow faster. Hermione’s grew 3 ft. Harry’s grew up to 1 ft. Ron’s grew about ½ ft. Neville’s grew the longest, it was about 4 ½ ft. Professor Sprout awarded 20 house points for Neville and 10 points for Hermione.

In potions, they were asked to make the truth potion. It was quite a difficult potion as everyone knew. As we were setting up our cauldrons, Neville lost 10 points for spilling a few ingredients. Prof Snape awarded 10 points to Pansy for demonstrating the first step. At the end of Potions, Gryffindor lost 40 points and Slytherin received 30 points. He awarded no points for Hermione’s perfect potion and he cut 5 points for Harry’s very slightly incorrect potion.

Lunch was over quite fast and mostly all Gryffindor sixth years talked about how unfair Professor Snape was or talked with those who already had a DADA class about how the new professor taught. In all classes till now (2nd year and 7th year) she had revised the previous years’ portions or cleared doubts.

In Transfiguration, Professor McGonagall revised few spells of animal transfiguration which would be the base of this year’s classes. Everyone was able to remember the spells except Neville whose spell backfired on him, turning his hands into fins. But it was fortunately temporary and so he came out of the transfiguration class without a visit to the infirmary. All in all, it was quite a normal class, whatever normal is.

In the free period, everyone basically relaxed as there was no homework or studying to do on the very first day. Of course that NEVER included Hermione who sat in the Gryffindor common room going through books she borrowed from the library during the lunch period and of course Ron complained about how she thought of nothing other than books, study, homework, library, books (did I say it already?) and Harry sat in between them trying to maintain some peace out of which he only succeeded in achieving a headache.

Finally, it was DADA.

AN: this is going to be the only detailed thing in this whole chapter.

Harry’s POV~~~~~

After the free period, we had DADA. We went to the classroom five minutes early because of our curiosity and because I wanted them to stop arguing and it was the only thing both of them agreed upon.

By the time we arrived, most of the students were already present; at least all Gryffindors were there. We sat in the fourth bench. Professor Taisho hadn’t arrived yet. Soon everyone was present, even Malfoy and his followers. It was already 10 minutes late and there was no sign of the professor.

I distinctly got the feeling that I was being watched. I felt it even before I entered the class. I looked around. Everyone was talking to their friends and none seem to pay any attention to it so I shrugged it off as my imagination. But I involuntarily looked around the class again and stared at a particular window.

As I turned around, I saw the professor entering the class. She wore a usual teacher’s robes. She had a bright smile on her face. Everyone greeted her.

“Good Afternoon Prof. Taisho.”

“Please sit down everyone.” she said.

We all sat down on our seats.

“Now, all of you call me Professor Kagome not Taisho.” She told everyone and as she did, her name appeared on the board behind her.

“The first thing you need to learn in defense of any sort is to know your surroundings. I have been inside this room for nearly thirty minutes.” she declared. There were gasps all around the room. I was shocked myself. How come she was not seen? “To tell you exactly, I was by that window” she continued pointing to a window at the back of the class.

“Impossible. We saw you come in through the door” Parvati exclaimed.

“You cannot always trust your vision. Eyes can deceive you and as can your ears. Even though I did this in every class, I did not explain my delay to anyone until now” she continued, “This is because one person from this class room was able to find me.” There were murmurs circulating. “It was Mr. Harry Potter.” She finished.

Everyone was shocked. What can I say? Even I was. I didn’t even know she was there.

“Professor, I think you might be mistaken. I did not see you in the class. It must have been someone else.” I said weakly.

“No, I’m absolutely sure of what I said. Even though you didn’t see or hear me, you were staring at that window for at least 5 minutes before I entered the class. Right?” she asked with a smile.

“Yes ma’am but I didn’t actually know that you were there. I just felt like-” I started.

“-someone was watching you and that was exactly what I was doing, observing the class.” she concluded.

“To defend yourself, you need to use all your five senses and your inner eye. To actually be able to master defense, this is the first step. But you’ll eventually learn, so you need not worry. Anyway before we go back to your DADA portions of this year, I’ll be revising one spell and clear any doubts you have today. The spell we are going to revise is the patronus charm. I would like you all to line up to do it” she ordered.

I was happy. This spell meant a lot to me. It was taught to me by professor Remus Lupin; it saved my godfather Sirius Black’s life and was the animagus form of my father ‘Tongs’. I had taught this spell to all members of the DA last year so everyone was able to perform this spell.

First she called Neville. Even though he could perform the spell, he was a nervous wreck. “Mr. Longbottom please step forward to perform first.” He went to the front of the class. He took out his wand and stuttered.

“Ex-xpec-to Pat-patron-us” he stuttered. The patronus didn’t appear. He tried again but it didn’t work. “I- I’m sorry ma’am.” He apologised and was about to return to his seat when she stopped him.

Neville’s POV~~~~~

I turned towards her expecting the pitiful words that came out of every teacher’s mouth. ‘‘It’s OK’ or ‘you can do better next time’ but it was never any use really use to me. As I turned towards her, she was smiling.

“You know what, that was wonderful. But I would like you to try another time but in a way I tell you alright?” she said. I could only nod. “Please turn towards the board and close your eyes. Now you know that you have to think of a happy situation right, so think about it.” she said. As I turned around, she placed her hands on my shoulder.

I tried to think of something happy. I guess the only time when I was happy was when I was with my plants. As I thought about it, I felt warm like it was embracing me with love and happiness. Then, I heard two words whispered in my mind ‘Expecto Patronum’. I said it aloud and was filled with the most beautiful feeling ever.

By the time I opened my eyes, everyone was clapping saying ‘you did it’. Then it clicked, I performed the patronus charm.

Normal POV~~~~~

As Neville stood with the professor behind him, nothing happened at first. But then, Neville whispered some thing almost inaudible ‘Expecto Patronum’ and a brilliant bluish white light shot out. It was amazing.

After the light died down, everyone came out of their stupor and clapped as hard as they could. Everyone was congratulating him.

Then Professor Kagome spoke up, “Mr. Longbottom, you have strong magic within you, more than you realize. The only way you are going to release it is by believing in yourself.”

After him, the rest of the class came up to perform the charm. Most of them were able to form the respective animals of the patronuses. Professor Kagome was quite impressed with the class. Then, she told us to ask questions. Many asked doubts that they had and she gave pretty acceptable answers to them. Then, Seamus spoke up.

“Excuse me Prof Kagome, but could you please show us your patronus?” he asked. The rest of the class agreed.

“I can’t really show you my patronus here.” She said. There was collective ‘aww’ in the class. She smiled, “I said I couldn’t show you here, I didn’t say I wouldn’t show it at all now, did I? Everyone, go and stand near the lake and I’ll be right down and I’ll show it to you there.”

“Why not show it here?” Malfoy asked.

“You’ll find that out after you see it Mr. Malfoy.” She said. The class soon emptied.

By the time everyone reached the lake, she was already there. All the students were shocked.

“How did you get here so fast professor?” they asked.

She smiled, “I jumped out of my window and ran here at top speed.” Everyone laughed.

“Tell us the truth ma’am; how did you get here so fast?” they asked again.

“It’s a secret. So, how about we do the patronus now?” she said and walked back.

She took a quiet, deep breath and pointed out her wand. She thought about all the fun she had in Sengoku Jidai and unconsciously put on a beautiful smile.

Softly she uttered, “Expecto patronum”.

Immediately a silver wisp came out of her wand and it was soon growing in size forming criss-crosses. All the students stepped back to give place to the enormous patronus. Light not only flowed form her hand but also from her very person. She was still closing her eyes.

The patronus soon gave form to a 100 foot dog completely glowing bright silver. She finally opened her eyes. All the students’ eyes were almost popping out of their heads. It was humungous. She lifted her left hand and the patronus moved towards her and seemed to sit around her making her shine like an angle and slowly it disappeared into the surroundings like wisps of silver.

Then, slowly she walked towards us and asked, “So, how was it?”

Everyone in the castle was looking out through the windows and each one of them was speechless. It was the most amazing thing they ever saw.

“It,” somebody started, and somebody else added “was,” and Ron added “bloody,” finally Harry finished, “awesome”.

It was enough to set off an unseen fuse. Everyone began asking her a thousand questions at once and complementing her for the beautiful display.

“Professor, that was so unbelievable!” one exclaimed.

“How did you do it Professor?” another asked.

“Can you teach us?” a third asked.

“Now, now everyone, that was as normal a patronus as yours was.” She tried to convince them.

“No way, that must have been special.” They disagreed and soon left to go to their dorms. Harry, Ron and Hermione stayed behind a little longer than the others.

“That was bloody brilliant Kagome, uh, I mean Professor Kagome” Ron said. Hermione didn’t make any actual comment nor did Harry.

“I repeat again, there was nothing special about my patronus, Ron.” She said. “Mine is as special as say… Harry’s.”

“Why a dog?” Harry finally asked “It wasn’t a normal dog, it had markings.” he said.

“Huh? What markings?” Ron asked.

Kagome only smiled and said, “Harry, your patronus represents your father doesn’t it?”

“How did you know?” Harry asked.

“Don’t worry about that. The patronus represents something beautiful, happy. It makes you feel cared for, doesn’t it? Just like your patronus, mine also represents someone who has been watching over our lives and guiding us. It’s someone like my father. Even though I never met him, he was always there for me.” She said.

“But what was the huge creature?” Hermione asked.

“A spirit” Kagome answered. “The spirit of someone treated as an equal to gods.” She said in an otherworldly tone.

“A god?” the trio chorused.

“Yes, a legendary god.” She said closing her eyes and whispered “Inutaisho-sama,” but they didn’t hear it. She walked towards the castle leaving them bewildered.

AN: did you like this chapter? It’s kinda heartwarming don’t ya think? Well since Inu-no-Taisho’s her father in law and had been watching over his sons and Kagome and it’s kinda like Harry’s father, so I thought I was beautiful and meaningful.

If you liked the story till now PLEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ review.

Thanx a lot for the AMAZING reviews.

Bye.