- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Written for the FirstTweak community at LiveJournal. The prompt was "Wind" and the limit was 300 words.

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi.
 

Time For A Change

Kagome had gone through the well, but just as she had promised, she had returned to him.

InuYasha took the well-worn yellow backpack from her and slung it over his shoulder. He froze at the metal "clang" that he heard.

"What was that?"

Kagome smiled softly and took his hand, the simple action soothing his jittery nerves. "Don't worry. It was just something I needed to bring with me."

The hanyou looked suspicious, but nodded. Together, they walked side by side to Kaede's hut.

It seemed quiet with only the two of them. Miroku and Sango were already married and living in a nearby hut. Shippou had ventured out on his own in hopes of finding an older kitsune who could help him with his powers.

Kaede was currently on her way to the neighboring village, so it was just InuYasha and Kagome alone together for the night. When it was time for bed, Kagome rolled out her sleeping bag. She surprised the hanyou by pulling out an alarm clock and then proceeding to wind it. He plastered his ears to his head at the grinding sound, but otherwise didn't protest.

"Let's go to sleep, all right?" Kagome suggested as she stretched out, the clock near her head.

The ticking grated on his nerves but that was nothing compared to the alarm that clanged off at dawn. Without thinking, InuYasha crushed it.

Kagome awakened at the sounds and smiled at the sight of the cringing hanyou, expecting to be sat.

"It's okay, InuYasha. I just wanted to hear it one last time. That was to start a new day - the first day of the rest of our lives together."

"You're not mad?"

"I never want to wind a clock again."

The hanyou grinned before leaning forward to kiss his miko.