- Text Size +

Higurashi Shrine- 

 

“Mom, is Kagome home yet?” Souta asked as it would be any minute Rei would arrive. “No, Souta. Don’t worry; your sister will be here soon,” Mrs. Higurashi stated, smiling at his question. The mother always knew that Kagome was busy (or at least she thought) in the Feudal Era. She worried at times what her daughter was doing there, but also her son and family.

Meanwhile, the bus in which was carrying Rei across town showed up. On the way there, the fire priestess had to keep herself from hurting a punk who kept insulting an old lady. She was tempted to try out a move she learned from Makoto, but decided not to get into any trouble.

“Finally!” She shouted as she got off the bus. As for that, Rei stared at the Higurashi Shrine. It had been a while since she had last been here. Ever since two years ago as finding out she was Sailor Mars, the girl was extra busy. Admiring the scene, Rei made her way up the steps.

“Mom, I’m sorry I’m late. Is Rei here?” Kagome stated, having her backpack full from her trip with crossing over. “It was murder getting here,” she stated and placed her backpack by the door in the well house.

“Yeah, I’m here!” A voice shouted from behind all three of them. The family turned to see their only cousin or niece, Rei. After a short greeting from each of them, Rei was shown her room she would be sharing with Kagome. Unlike Rei, the family actually lived in a house which would be taking a while to get used to.

While the others were downstairs, the fire priestess set her things up around the room. Unlike Rei, Kagome only had a picture and no posters. Then again, the fire priestess didn’t know if her cousin would actually like the Sailor Senshi. Walking to the desk in the room, Rei did notice that there was a family photo of the Hino and Higurashi families.

The photo contained Mr. Higurashi, Mrs. Higurashi, Grandpa Higurashi, Grandpa Hino, Souta as a baby, Rei, and Kagome. Only one missing was Rei’s mother, who sadly was dead as was her uncle who died shortly after. Reminding her of the locket she was wearing, the girl opened it to see the familiar face of Sailor Moon. “Rei-chan! Dinner is ready!” Rei heard her aunt shout and the girl closed the locket and went down stairs.

 

Keade's Village-

“I’d personally like to know where in the hell Kagome is!” The famous half-demon, InuYasha, stated as he slammed his fist into the ground. Ever since Kikyou (Check the manga before you flame me!) had died, he hadn’t really wanted to leave Kagome out of his sight. “Calm down InuYasha! Remember? Kagome said that she was having family come over to her ‘shrine?” Shippo stated.

The fox demon would often get bashed on the head, such creating worse of an argument between Kagome and InuYasha, but the hanyou decided not to push his luck today. “Well, I’m going for a walk…” he stated, such leaving the other four behind and he ran off into the area of the well.

“Sango-chan, I’m lonely. Will you hold me?” Miroku stated, holding out his arms. Even after he had asked her to ‘marry him’, Sango still had those moments where throwing something at him would make her feel better…and it did. She simply tossed a small sick at his head (or it was small to her benefit, not Miroku’s).

Meanwhile, InuYasha had easily made it to the well. “I’m going to give her a piece of my mind, simply stating that she was going back to greet some family. We have better things to do than that!” He stated, jumping through the well. 

Higurashi Shrine-

 

“So, Kagome, why do you think the Sailor Senshi suddenly disappeared?” Souta asked, seeming to break the dead silence across the table. Kagome almost gagged her ramen (noodles) because she personally didn’t think the Sailor Scouts (Don’t bash…it fit the moment of using an English term) did the city much good. They often caused damage and other things, in her mind. She couldn’t complain though, how much damage they did to the wildlife and land of the Feudal Era. “I’d say they are okay, I mean, there isn’t much difference between the main five,” Kagome replied.

Rei wasn’t paying attention, until the word ‘Sailor Senshi’ came into her mind. “Well, Souta, which is your favorite one?” Her aunt asked her cousin. “I personally like Sailor Moon the best! She is smart, brave, caring, and heroic,” he added in. This time, Rei’s eyeballs’ became the size of pebbles. Usagi that way? That girl still had so many problems, it was pitiful! Then again, Rei had to give a smile for a minute. The odango had matured a bunch and grown…some since they last met.

Meanwhile, the familiar sound of Kagome’s bedroom window opening caused the conversation to end. Rei instantly felt the aura of the ‘demon’ around InuYasha that caused her to snap mostly out of her thoughts. “Oh no…” Kagome whispered as she could tell who was opening the window instantly. “I’ll go see what it was,” she stated in a panicked tone and ran up toward her room.

“Souta, where is the bathroom?” Rei asked, turning slightly red. “It is up stairs across the hall to Kagome’s room,” he stated. “Thanks,” she said in a hurried tone and walked quietly up the stairs and reached into her pocket. A familiar object touched her hand and she pulled it out. The door was shut and Rei heard her cousin talking to the aura she was sensing. ‘What the..?,’ the fire priestess thought to herself.

Listening, Rei heard the two fighting about her going back to the Feudal Era. While listening, she noticed that the two knew each other very well and also…her and Kagome were wearing their school uniforms?! ‘I forgot to change when I came over here!’ she shouted in her mind.

“Fine, I’ll go back, just let me tell my family,” after several long minutes Kagome stated. Rei quickly ran and hid in the bathroom, just not closing the door, having putting her henshin pen in her pocket, expect not letting it go.

Sooner than later, Kagome came back running up the stairs and Rei finally came out of the bathroom and watched as InuYasha jumped out the window with her. Amazed, Rei decided to follow and jumped out as well. (Understand the Sailor Senshi are good jumpers, seen the anime for example?) She followed them to a well house, which Rei finally noticed. As she watched the other two enter the well house and go into a well, Rei ran to it, thinking they crashed but a light was going through. Thinking she needed to follow Kagome and make sure she was alright, she jumped as well.