- Text Size +
(2 Months later)

Kagome ran down the street as fast as she could. She was late for her second job. Ever since Kagome had rescued Inuyasha from the facility, The City of Tokyo had been begging her to Run it in the way it was supposed to be run. Now Kagome was one of the trainers in the facility.

It seemed Kagome’s life was nothing but work, Training and sleep. Annie and Sango thought it was about time Kagome went out and had fun…So they arranged for her to go out one night with Hojo. When Kagome got home Sango grabbed her by the arm and she shut the two of them in her room. “Listen Kagome, You are overworking yourself…. you need to Relax and have fun.” Kagome sighed, Every time Sango talked like this, She was trying to get Kagome to move on.

“Sango Please…I don’t want to move on so don’t try to force me”

Sango sighed and she thrust a box into Kagome’s hands. “if you don’t want to move on for your sake then don’t…But think of Akira……” Sango walked out and Kagome leaned into the wall. She opened the box and she pulled out a black dress and heels. An hour later Kagome walked down the stairs wearing the dress and heels. Her hair was down with part of it held back with a black comb. She walked into the living room and her eyes fell on Hojo. She smiled as he held his hand out. She slowly took it and they walked out of the house.

Sango walked in holding Akira, “Did we do the right thing?”

Miroku sighed as he picked their one-year-old son Aki up from his playpen “we had no choice Sango…She was dying on the inside.”

Hojo and Kagome arrived at the restaurant and they were taken to their table. Hojo smiled as he sat across from Kagome. “So um…How have you been doing?”

Kagome smiled, “I’ve been ok….I have Akira to keep me going.” Hojo Nodded, “Your mom let me see her…She is beautiful.” Kagome nodded and the rest of the dinner was silent. When it was over, Hojo took her home and he walked her to the top of the stairs. Kagome turned and she smiled,

“Thank you for Tonight Hojo but…I don’t think I can do this”

Hojo placed his hand on her shoulder and he sighed, “Kagome I know your hurting…But I’m hurting to…. Let me be your friend…. Let me be the shoulder you lean on.”

Kagome’s eyes glistened and she leaned in and Hugged Hojo tightly, “thank you.” Hojo’s arms went around her and he held her to him. He reluctantly let go and he walked away. Kagome stood until she could no longer see him before going inside. She smiled when she saw Akira in her playpen. She knelt down and she picked Akira up. She pulled the bandanna off her ears and she smiled. Akira looked up at her mother and she grinned reviling her tiny fangs.

Annie walked into the room and she knelt in front of them. She smiled as she watched her daughter and granddaughter. “You know Kagome, when your father died I thought I was never going to get over it. But as time went by I found it easier to smile…Easier to go out and have fun….It will get easier…maybe you should give Hojo a chance.”

Kagome held Akira close and she thought for a moment. She nodded and she looked at her mother with glossy eyes. Annie pulled Kagome and Akira close and she held them tightly.

“It will be ok Kagome…I promise”

The next morning Kagome sat in her room on the floor. In front of her lay Inuyasha’s Fire Rat robe and his other belongings…Kagome packed them all except the robe…She would wear it tonight when she went out with Hojo again. Sango came in with Aki and she smiled as she sat Aki in the playpen with Akira. She knelt next to Kagome and she grinned.

“Are the two of you coming to the club tonight???

Kagome nodded “Yes. He told me he has a surprise for me. I’m a little nervouse. “

Sango put her hand on Kagome’s shoulder and she smiled, “I’m sure it will be alright.”

Suddenly they heard a squeal come from the playpen. “MAMA!” Kagome gasped, It was Akira. She stood and she picked the child up and she smiled, Sango raised an eyebrow “how is that possible she is only 3 months.” Kagome grinned as tears filled her eyes :She is a half Demon remember…Her mind will age faster.”

That night as Hojo arrived Kagome stood in her room looking at her reflection. She wore Inuyasha’s Fire-rat robe as a dress. It was long enough it just barely reached her knees. She wore matching red heals, and she had left her hair down. She walked down the stairs and Hojo smiled, “You look great Kagome” He pulled a single red rose out and Kagome smiled as she took it, “Thank you Hojo”

The two couples left for the club and Annie smiled as she saw in the living room with the two children……She only hoped Kagome would be allright.