- Text Size +

Chapter 5: Healing

  

Sesshomaru was shocked by Kagome’s boldness. In a second it was replaced by anger.

  

‘How dare she, a lowly human miko, mocking this Sesshomaru.’

  

In five seconds, Kagome’s face was very close to a certain taiyokai of the West. His claws were around her neck, threatening to crush it. His golden orbs were being mixed with red. Kagome smirked and placed her palm on Sesshomaru’s chest.

  

“It would not be a wise idea to harm me, Lord Sesshomaru,” said Kagome icily.

  

‘What is she talking about?’

  

In a second he got his answer. Kagome’s miko power flared up and engulfed him, her powers stinging him slightly.

  

“The more time you waste threatening me, the more danger Rin’s life will be in,” stated Kagome slowly as if teaching pre-algebra to a fifth grader. Sesshomaru was beyond shock.

  

‘This miko, she dare go against me…’ Seshomaru stared at her for a minute, made a grunting sound, then let her go.

  

“Could you help me bring Rin into the cave?” asked Kagome. He nodded and lifted Rin. A gust of wind blew their way and Sesshomaru caught a stench that want to make him gag.

  

“The half breed is here, and wounded too.” As if reading his mind Kagome said, “Yes, Inuyasha is here, and he is wounded. I know you wouldn’t kill him in his state, since it is below you to do so.”

  

‘The miko is smart.’

 

“Miko-” Sesshomaru stated. Kagome turned around and said, “Please, call me Kagome,” Sesshomaru wanted to growl, but he knew that it wouldn’t be wise to do so.

  

~*~

 

Inuyasha sniffed around… something smelled familiar. He looked up and growled.

  

“Sesshomaru,” he grunted with a bitter voice ,” What the hell are you doing here?”

  

Sesshomaru would kill himself, if his pride would let him.

  

Before he could say anything, Kagome said, “Inuyasha don’t do anything harsh. He is my guest here, and you should treat him with respect.” Inuyasha was shocked to hear those words as they passed Kagome’s lips. Never before have had she talked to him like that. He was dumbfounded and the thought of hoping for her forgiveness seemed to be very slim.

  

“B-But Kagome, he tried to kill you before,” Inuyasha whined.

  

“Let the past be the past Inuyasha. Everyone tried to kill me when they first meet me…even you, remember?” said Kagome solemnly. Inuyasha ears flattened against his head at the statement. Kagome felt guilty and said, “Take it easy Inuyasha. You know that I forgave you for that. Rin is sick and Sesshomaru brought her here for me to cure her.” Inuyasha nodded and went to the opposite side of the wall sulking

  

‘He could be so childish at times, but at least he’s not attacking Sesshomaru trying to kill him again.’ thought Kagome.

  

~*~

  

Kagome undressed Rin and took in the sight. The poor girl was wounded badly. Her skin was turning a pale yellowish green. Around her she could see Naraku’s miasma glowing dark purple faintly. Kagome called forth her miko powers and directed them at Rin’s small body. Every ounce of her miko power surged through Rin’s body killing the miasma that it came in contact with. After Kagome did what she could she felt the power drained from her. She dressed the little girl up and left her there to rest.

  

~*~

  

Sesshomaru could sense the holy power flaring up, and turned to see an amazing sight. Kagome was glowing pink faintly. Her long raven locks were flowing all around her. Her eyes are set with determination. From her palms flowed her powers towards Rin. He hated to admit it, but he was impressed. When Kagome was finished her raven hair settled down on her back and she no longer glowed pink. Then a sudden wave of tiredness washed towards Sesshomaru and he sensed that the young miko might have used too much power. Lost in his own thoughts Sesshomaru realized that he was staring at her.

  

Kagome walked over to Sesshomaru looking concerned. “I tried my best to force the miasma out of her body, but there is too much. It looks like she is going to have to stay here a while to heal completely.”

  

Sesshomaru frowned at the thought of staying anywhere near his half brother for a while, but it was required for Rin’s health.

  

“Very well. I will be staying here until Rin is better.”

  

Walking over to the trunk in the corner of the cave she pulled out three extra futons that she kept there just in case.

  

She gave one to Inuyasha and one to Sesshomaru. “You guys should sleep on the other side. I’m goin to sleep next to Rin in case anything happen,” said Kagome.

  

Inuyasha frowned at the idea of sleeping in the same cave with Sesshomaru, but he didn’t say anything about it in case Kagome get any madder.

  

Sesshomaru was distressed at the thought of staying in the same cave as his half-brother. Inuyasha’s smell was not very pleasant to him.

  

Kagome ignored the troubled look on both of the inu and went on her way unrolling the futon and settling in.

 

~*~

  

In the middle of the night Kagome was awoken by the earsplitting scream that was coming from Rin.

Chapter End Notes:
And thanks again to SeshyStalker1 for betareading this chapter!