- Text Size +

*~*~*~* Last Time *~*~*~*

Teeth brushed and PJ’s on, she climbed into her new, huge, bed and under the soft covers. Her father walked in then and sat on the edge of the bed. “ Tomorrows going to be a big day I think.” he said to her. “ Yeah! I get to train with you!” she cheered, making him smile. “ Yes, you do.” he agreed, getting up off the bed. “But now, it’s time to sleep.” he said as he gently laid her back and brought the covers up to her shoulders.

“Goodnight, my daughter.” he said as he bent down and kissed her forehead. “Goodnight, daddy.” she replied with a small yawn before getting comfy. He smiled as he walked out of her room, turning off her lights before shutting the doors.

 

*~*~*~*~*~* CHAPTER 3 : Kagome’s Test

 

 

It was early morning and the sun was beginning to rise through the dojo windows. Both his son’s stood across the dojo from him panting. This was a morning routine for them on weekdays, get up an hour before dawn and spar, he teaching them both new skills as they mastered the old ones.

Sesshomaru stood strong and looking as regal as always , though panting. His hair still in perfect order as well as his clothes. Inuyasha on the other hand was the exact opposite. Lets face it, the boy was a complete mess when compared to Sesshomaru. ‘ I have to give him credit though , he’s a strong one for being only half demon.’ he thought to himself, a smirk adorning his face.

“ That will be all for this morning , Sesshomaru, Inuyasha. Dismissed.” He told them. “ Yes Father.” they both replied in union, bowing to him and to the dojo on their way out. Taking some deep breaths he sat down in the middle of the spacious, quiet dojo to meditate.

The sun had fully risen and he could feel the air in the dojo become warmer as it shone through the large windows. ‘ It’s about time for me to go wake Kagome up.’ he thought to himself as he stood from his spot, stretching out his tight, broad muscles. He bowed out of the dojo before he headed upstairs to his daughter’s room.

He opened her bedroom doors quietly, looking in . Her room was half lit, with the sun rising on the other side of the mansion, giving it a warm look. He walked in and up to the little mound on the large bed that was Kagome, sleeping soundlessly with her glossy hair splayed out around her head. “ Kagome.” he called to her. Nothing. “ Kagome.” he called again, a little more louder this time. Now she rolled over, her back facing him. Smiling at the situation he bent down and gently shook her as he called her name again.

This time some incoherent mumbled and a prolonged ‘ no’ was heard. He started to shake her again saying, “ Kagome, it’s time that you got up now.” This time around, her eyes opened. Her Big , perfect silver/blue eyes. He stared into them, ‘Wait. Her eyes, they’re different.’ he thought to himself. He smiled a little worriedly at her, “ Kagome, are you feeling alright?” she yawned and stretched out some before looking back up to him and nodding her head, “ Yes.” she said with another small yawn.

‘ Interesting.’ he thought to himself as he smiled down at her. “ Alright. I want you to get ready now, we have to be at your school around 8 and it’s about 7 right now. So when your done showering and getting dressed come downstairs for breakfast, ok.” He told her. “ Alright.” she said before jumping out of her bed and running into the bathroom. Inutaisho smiled and went downstairs to get his morning coffee and to see how breakfast was coming along.

He sat down at the black marbled counter and was served a fresh cup of coffee. “ Here is your paper , Sir.” Kaede said. She was an older woman who had worked for him for many years, like her mother before her . She was very wise, kind hearted, and not to mention the best cook. He smiled at her, “ Thank you , Kaede.” he said. “ So I see that you have brought the young one home.” she said with a smile. “ I have, and I thank you for not mentioning anything to Sesshomaru or Inuyasha about it.” He said.

“ Yes. But I wonder what an old dog like you has up them sleeves of yours. Your either stupid or your wise beyond your years.” she told him as she walked back into the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Inutaisho right out laughed, He had sometimes wondered things like that himself.

He turned to the paper and started to flip through it while he sipped on his coffee. He could hear the small patter of feet combing down the stairs and smiled before turning around to greet his now, hopefully, awake daughter. She came into the kitchen with a bright smile on her face, dressed in some cute faded jeans and a white cropped sleeved hoodie with a longer light pink tank underneath it. Her hair was wet still and she had a comb and some ponytails in her hand as she walked up to him.

She smiled, “ Can you please braid my hair, Daddy?” she asked him sweetly, holding the comb and ponytails out for him to take. Kaede came out with the breakfast and was putting it on the table when she overheard Kagome ask him to braid her hair. Inutaisho gave her a small frown, “ I’m sorry Kagome, I don’t know how to do that.”

“ I’ll braid your hair for you little one.” Kaede said as she stepped out of the kitchen with a smile on her face. “ OK!” Kagome said and ran up to her with the needed items, “ Thank You anyways, Daddy! “ she called over her shoulder. “ Breakfast is on the table, Sir.” Kaede told him as she began doing Kagome’s hair. “ Thank you, Kaede.” he said as he walked over to the stairs, “ Breakfast you two.” He called before walking away and into the dinning room.

There was some slight stumbling that could be heard before the pounding of footsteps running down the stairs. Inuyasha was a blur as he ran past Kaede and Kagome and into the dinning room. Kagome began to giggle, making Kaede laugh as well. “ There!” Kaede said, turning Kagome around to see her work for herself. She nodded her own approval and smiled down at her, “ All finished. Now go and eat some breakfast, You need to put some meat on them bones!” She practically exclaimed, making Kagome laugh.

Sesshomaru then came down. He wore some faded jeans with a lighter tan looking belt that was frayed. Slightly tucked in the front of his pants, to show off the belt, he wore a tight white shirt that showed off his very well sculpted muscles. His hair was perfectly straight and hung way low past his waste . She Smiled up at him, sporting her newly done French braid pigtails. He slightly quirked an eyebrow at her as he continued to the dinning room, Kagome following him, “ Thank You!” she called back to Kaede before following her older brother the rest of the way to the dinning room.

She smiled at her Father and brother who was currently stuffing his mouth full of toast. “ Come have some breakfast, Kagome, we’ll be leaving soon.” Inutaisho said as he flipped through his paper. Kagome nodded to him as she climbed into the chair. There was already a bowl of Captain Crunch placed in front of her, her favorite, along with some juice, toast.

About 15 minutes later they were all done eating. “ Ok, so remember , Inuyasha, you’re grounded and will be coming home by 8:00 for the rest of the week. Sesshomaru will be picking you up after school. And no, I didn’t forget that you had a project to do still, Inuyasha, so I suggest you get on that before anything else.” he told him while he refolded his paper, placing it down on the table.

He stood up and looked towards Kagome, “ Well, shall we go now?” he asked her. Kagome nodded to him and got down from her chair, following him out of the dining room and into the entryway. Inutaisho grabbed their shoes and he handed her pair to her . She promptly sat down and began tying her shoes, once done they left the house and walked to the garage.

She sat in the back seat and looked out the window as they drove to her new school. It was about a 30 minute drive until they pulled up to the large building know as the S.J. Academy . “ Why are there so many people?” she asked her Dad as they drove into the Campus parking lot. “ This school is combined. It has all the grades from 6th to Seniors.” he explained to her as he found a place to park in the large lot. He turned off the car and unbuckled before getting out and walking around the car to her door. He opened it and she unbuckled herself, “ You ready?” he asked her with a smile. She nodded her head and got out of the car, he shut the door behind her and the horn honked, signaling that it had been locked.

He held her hand as they walked across the parking lot and up the many stairs that lead to the one of three sets of double doors and into the front of the school. Many stared at them as they passed by on their way to towards the main office. Kagome took the time while her Dad lead her to look around the large school. It seemed to be one of those buildings that seemed even bigger when you went inside of it.

It had an old feel to it, the walls being a grayish-brown stone and the lights more dim, though she could see fine. They finally reached the man office and went inside, the room instantly drowned out the loud mess out in the hall with quietness. They walked up to a large desk that Kagome couldn’t see over, but she new there was a lady from when they walked in. “ Excuse me, but we are here for her to take a diagnostic test to see what grade she will be placed into.” He told the women, motioning to Kagome who stood by him still holding onto his large hand.

“ Oh, this must be Kagome then, Correct?” She asked as she stood and bent over her desk to see the small girl that was still holding her Father’s hand. “ Yes, that’s correct.” he told her with a nod. She smiled,

“ Alright. Well, we are all set up for her to take her test, if you’ll please follow me.” she told them as she began leading the way to a deeper part of the office to an empty room that had one dark wooden table in it with about 5 comfy looking chairs surrounding it and some papers stacked on top .

In one of the chairs there was a man sitting and he was reading something. He looked up to them as they walked in and smiled. He stood as he greeted them while the woman closed the door to go back to her desk. “ Ah, you must be Mr. Tama.” he said as he shook Inutaisho’s hand. “ Yes, and this is my Daughter, Kagome.” he introduced politely. The man smiled brightly towards her and bent down to shake her hand,

“ Hi, I’m Mr. Suikotsu . How are you today?” he asked her. “ Good.” was her simple reply as she politely shook his hand and shyly smiled back up at him.

“ OK, if you will both have a seat.” he said, gesturing towards the empty chairs. He waited till they were both seated before he himself sat down . He laid out some papers in front of Inutaisho and a more larger packet of papers to Kagome. “ Mr. Tama, these are just some required healthcare and emergency forms for the school that you need to fill out as well as some of her other information.” He handed him a pen when he received a nod from Inutaisho and then turned towards Kagome. “ Alright Kagome, now you will be taking a test to see what grade you will be placed into. I want you to do as much as you can in each section of the packet and tell me when you are finished.” he told her. “ Ok.” she told him and began when he handed her a pencil.

“ Mr. Tama, these tests usually take a few hours to finish. We don’t require anything else of you, you may leave if you have other things to do.” Mr. Suikotsu told him as he finished up the forms. Inutaisho looked over towards his daughter who was silently reading. He smiled, “ I have nothing to do, I’ll stay.” he told him. Mr. Suikotsu nodded to him and politely turned back to his papers.

As the time went by, Inutaisho watched his daughter fly through the test. She read carefully and thoroughly and concentrated on what she was doing, not allowing anything to distract her. She started to slow down some, he noticed, when she got towards the end. “ I can’t do anymore.” she told Mr. Suikotsu. “ Alright. I’ll correct it now.” he told her with a smile as he got out his answer sheet and began going through her test.

Kagome glanced up at her Dad to see him watching Mr. Suikotsu. She watched to as he flipped through them. When he was done he looked at Kagome and asked her with all seriousness, “ How old are you?” She raised an eyebrow to him before answering, “ I’m 7.” with a smile on her face. “ You are exceedingly bright for someone of your age , Kagome.” he told her, making her smile wider. “ Your results for your Reading and Comprehension are at about a 7th grade level along with your Math, Your English is at a 6th grade level, and Your Science and Social are almost at a 7th grade level also.” he told her.

“ So what grade level would she fall under ?” Inutaisho asked. Mr. Suikotsu turned to him, “ Well, we’ll place her in a 6th grade level for everything but Math, she will be placed in a 7th grade level for that. We combine English and Reading here, so it would be best to put her in 6th so she doesn’t get lost.” He told him. Inutaisho nodded , laughing on the inside at remembering Inuyasha’s words - ‘Oi , another genius in the family?’ - ‘ I guess he was right.’ He thought to himself.

“ So, what now?” Inutaisho asked, making Mr. Suikotsu laugh lightly. “ Now I’ll get her class schedule printed up. When that’s done I think it’d be a good idea to take her around the school, find all her class rooms and locker, so she will get a feel of where they are located at. I’ll be back in a moment, Excuse me.” he said before he left to get her schedule.

“ When do I start, Daddy?” Kagome asked curiously. “ Soon I bet. Maybe even as early as tomorrow, but I’m not for certain.” He told her. They heard the door open and looked to Mr. Suikotsu as he walked in with a paper in his hand. “ Her you go.” he said cheerfully as he handed the paper over to Inutaisho. Inutaisho took the paper and began reading over the class room numbers and who the teachers were and what class they taught. Kagome got up, walking over to her Dad , and glanced over his shoulder to look at her schedule too.

The woman walked in next, holding a tape measure in her hand. “ Kagome, this is Ms. Mino. She’ll be taking your measurements for your school uniform.” Mr. Suikotsu introduced her. She walked up to Kagome with that smile on her face, “ Raise your arms please.” she said as she wrapped the measuring tape around her and wrote it down, and did it again in different places. “ Ok, the fun part now.” she told Kagome as she laid out what was almost like a catalog just for the school.

“ Now you get to pick what style of the uniform you want!” she told her excitedly, making Kagome giggle. “ Okay, why don’t you pick what style of skirt you would like to wear.” One style of the skirt looked like a cheerleading uniform, the other was plain and had an overlapping slit on the front of the right leg. Ms. Mino thought that maybe she needed some help on picking and suggested, “ Most of the girls pick the more cheerleading looking type, it looks nice.” Kagome smiled and pointed to the paper, “ I want this one.” she told her as she pointed to plain one with the overlapping slit. “ Are you sure?” Ms. Mino asked her. “ Yes.” was Kagome’s confident reply.

Ms. Mino nodded her head and wrote down what to order. She flipped the page and this time there were some different polo shirts, one’s that had a few buttons on the top and ones that just had a V cut. On both there was a small pocket that had the letters S.J.A printed on it and the sleeved were fitted. Kagome already new what to do by now and quickly pointed the one without the buttons on it, “ I like that one.” she told her and watched as Ms. Mino wrote it down.

Next were the sweaters, which were either button up or with a little more scooped V neck . “ That one.” Kagome said while pointing to the V-necked sweater. “ May I see one of your shoes?” She asked Kagome after writing down the info for the sweaters. Kagome nodded and slipped one of them off and gave it to her. Ms. Mino looked inside for the shoe size and wrote it down while handing it back to her. “ Alright, I have everything for now. Later you may pick out your winter clothes but you don’t need to right now. I’ll send in the order and it should be here fairly quickly with in the next couple of days or so. For now you can wear your normal clothes until your uniform comes in.” she told them before leaving.

“ Alright, so do you two want a to have a look around and find your classes?” Mr. Suikotsu asked them. “ Yes, I think that would be the best thing to do. When will Kagome start school?” Inutaisho asked him.

“ She’ll start tomorrow if she’s ready.” Mr. Suikotsu answered with a smile. Both looked at Kagome in question, “ Are you ready to start tomorrow, Kagome?” Inutaisho asked his daughter. “ Yeah.” She answered. “ Good! Welcome to your new school, Kagome!” Mr. Suikotsu said cheerfully as he ushered them out of the office.

He handed them Kagome’s schedule. “ All you classes as well as your locker are on the second floor, Kagome. Find all your classes and check to make sure your locker works, and if you need help with anything at anytime when you’re here just come to the office and ask for me alright. Don’t hesitate, I’m always happy to help.” He told her with a smile, she smiled back and nodded to him. Mr. Suikotsu shook Inutaisho’s hand again and bid them farewell before turning back into the office to work.

“ Shall we?” he asked Kagome. “ Yeah!” She said excitedly while grabbing his hand and began to lead the way to the staircase. Once on the second floor they went to search for her locker. Once they found it, Inutaisho proceeded to teach her how to use the combination lock to open it. When she could do it on her own a couple of times they then decided to and find all of her classrooms.

As they were looking, the school bell suddenly rang and the students pooled out of each of the rooms.

“ Here we go.” Inutaisho said as he picked up his daughter, saving her from being trampled by a fairly large young man that wasn’t even looking to where he was going. “ Hey Dad!!!” they both looked towards where the familiar voice was coming from to see Inuyasha pushing past the other students to get to them.

“ Inuyasha!” Kagome said happily, smiling widely at he big brother. “ Hey there Kagome.” he greeted her with a smile before turning to his Father, “ What are you two doing here?” he asked him. “ Kagome had to take that test, she just finished and we’re looking for her classes now.” He told him. “ Huh. What grade did she get put into though?” Inuyasha asked curiously.

“ Sixth, but Seventh grade math.” Inutaisho answered him. “ Hey Inuyasha!” they all heard a female voice call. It was Kikyou, “ Oh hi, Mr. Tama. Who’s that?” she asked, gesturing to Kagome in his arms. “ This is my daughter, Kagome.” Inutaisho told her. “ Oh my gosh, Inuyasha, this is your new little sister that you were talking about?! She’s so cute!” Kikyou exclaimed, making everyone look towards them and Inuyasha blush.“ Yeah. But hey old man, we have to get going , we’re already late.” Inuyasha told them before walking to his next class with Kikyou.

The hallway cleared and they continued on in their search of Kagome’s classrooms. It didn’t take long to find them now, all being on the second floor and mostly right in a row, most likely Mr. Suikotsu’s doing.

*~*~*~***~*~*~*

“ Inuyasha, your little sister is so cute!” Kikyou said as she sat down with her tray. “ Yeah, I know.” he said as he sat down next to her with his tray. “You’ve seen her, Kikyou?” Miroku asked before taking a bite of his food. “ Yeah, I saw her before last hour, she was with His dad looking for her classes.” Kikyou explained. “ I see. What grade did she get put into then?” Miroku asked Inuyasha. “ My dad said she’s in Sixth, but Seventh grade Math. She’s really smart, but I’m worried. When I saw her in the hall, she almost got trampled if it wasn’t for my Dad picking her up. She’s to small to be here.” Inuyasha bit out, already being protective of his new little sister.

“ She can’t be that small if she’s in Sixth grade, Inuyasha.” Koga told him matter -of- factly, just now joining the conversation. “ Show’s how much you know, she’s only seven!” Inuyasha growled out angrily at him, despite him being one of his best friends along with Miroku. “ Hey! Don’t get mad at me, mutt, it’s not my fault I didn’t know.” Koga snapped back. “ Feh.” was Inuyasha’s only reply.

Miroku just smiled, shaking his head slightly, and continued eating. “ Hey Inuyasha, are we still going to be able to come over tomorrow to finish up that project?” Kikyou asked. “ Yeah, my Dad knows about it and won’t have a problem with it as long as it’s for school.” Inuyasha told her. “ Grounded again my friend?” Miroku asked him teasingly. “ Hey shut up, or you’ll be walking there!” Inuyasha barked at his friend. “ Just having some fun, Inuyasha.” Miroku half defended, knowing that his friend’s threat was empty.

*~*~*~***~*~*~*

“ We found your locker and all of your classes. Do you think you’ll be ok tomorrow, Kagome?” Inutaisho asked her. “ Yes. I’ll be ok.” Kagome told him, yawning as they walked back to the car. Once there Inutaisho helped her into the back seat and buckled her in. ‘ She’s so small. I surely hope that she’ll be alright.’ Inutaisho thought to himself as he walked around the car and got in. Checking to make sure that Kagome was still buckled and buckling in himself he started the car and they drove back home.

*~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

Inutaisho parked the car in the garage and the two got out. They walked into the house to be greeted by Kaede. “ Welcome back. Did everything go well?” she asked smiling down a t Kagome. “ Yes, everything went well. Kagome will be placed in the sixth grade as of tomorrow.” Inutaisho answered her proudly.

“ That’s wonderful! Would you two like something to eat?” She asked. “ Nothing for me right now, Kaede, thanks. But I’m sure that Kagome would like something to eat.” he stated, looking at his daughter. Kagome nodded her head and followed Kaede into the kitchen.

Inutaisho went into his study. ‘ Sesshomaru should be out of his classes by now .’ he thought as he picked up the phone and called his Eldest son’s cell phone.

“ Hello.” Came Sesshomaru’s voice after in rang a couple of times.

“ Hello Son. I’m calling to remind you not to ‘ forget’ your brother and his friends today, you know they’re working on that project for school.” Inutaisho told his son.

“ Yes, Father. I won’t ‘forget’ again.” Sesshomaru told him, smirking to himself. Last Friday he had conveniently ‘ forgot’ all about his brother and his impudent friends when he had been given a lovely offer from his father’s new secretary.

“ Good. Is everything going alright up at the office?” he asked.

“ Yes, Father. Everything is fine.” he answered , his voice emotionless and very controlled, while looking at the beautiful young secretary who just happened to be sitting on his couch right across form him.

“ Good. I want a report of every meeting . I’ll be back in next week, once Kagome gets more settled in.” Inutaisho told him.

“ Hmmm, yes. And how did her testing go?” Sesshomaru asked curiously, thought his voice sounded bored.

“ It went very well. She’ll be placed in the sixth grade, seventh grade math. She’s already turning out to be much like you in academics.” Inutaisho replied proudly.

“ Hmmm.” Was Sesshomaru’s only response.

“ Well, I better get going. I’ll see you later.” Inutaisho said before hanging up the phone.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome had finished eating and began roaming down the hall she had seen her father turn down earlier. Many old paintings were hung on the walls. They were painting of strong warriors , all having silken hair of glittering silver-white, fully dressed in heavy battle armor with spikes and swords at their hips. And all having a deep blue crescent moon adorning their foreheads.

To the left of everyone of them were paintings of beautiful women dressed in the most beautiful, flowing kimonos. All wore a necklace, which had a very large diamond carved into the shape of a crescent moon, set in a white gold on a bold yet delicate chain. It was very beautiful.

As she walked further down the hall, coming to the end of all the painting she found one of her Father. He, like the rest, was in a heavy set of armor, except his had spikes on both shoulders and across the chest plate. Instead of a single tail of fur wrapped around his shoulder, he had a double set that wrapped around both and trailed behind him at his feet. His hair was up in a ponytail as he wore it now. Also he had three swords, two on his hip and one strapped across his back.

Next to his painting there were two women, One looking like the rest of them with long white hair, but the other with hair darker than any night sky. This one caught Kagome’s attention the most. The woman in the painting was very beautiful as were the others, but she could easily tell that she, was human.

“ That’s Inuyasha’s Mother, My last mate.” She suddenly heard her Father’s voice say, making her jump slightly, not expecting him. “ She’s pretty.” Kagome said to him with a smile. Inutaisho smiled back, “ Yes she was.” He agreed . “ And this was my First Mate, Sesshomaru’s Mother.” He said pointing the other one next to his painting. “ She’s very pretty too!” Kagome exclaimed to him. “ Yes, she was beautiful.” Inutaisho replied.

“ What happened to them, Daddy?” Kagome asked curiously. Inutaisho smiled down at her and picked her up in his arms. “ They passed away a long time ago, my Kagome.” he told her. Kagome’s face adorned a slight frown, “ My mommy died too. Do you miss them?” she asked. Inutaisho nodded his head, “ Yes, I miss them. I loved them both very much and will never forget them.” Inutaisho told her.

Kagome nodded her head. “ Sesshomaru really looks a lot like his Momma.” She pointed out. “ Yeah, that’s not all he got from her.” Inutaisho chuckled out. “ Daddy?” Kagome asked. Inutaisho looked at her, her large silver/blue eyes. ‘ Blue eyes….’ Inutaisho thought to himself. “ Yes, My Kagome?” He replied.

“ When will we start training?” she asked him curiously. “ Right now.” Inutaisho told her with a smile as he walked with her down to the Dojo.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

“ C’mon, Inuyasha, Where is he?” Kikyou asked rather dramatically. “ Feh, how should I know!” Inuyasha bit at her. “ Well then, why don’t you try calling and asking him where he is? I’m sick of waiting.” Kikyou replied, crossing her arms in front of her.

“ Don’t you think I would have done that already if I had my cell phone.” Inuyasha said to her. “ And why don’t you have your cell phone, Inuyasha?” Miroku asked, a wicked grin plastered on his face. “ Feh, you should know! I got it taken away for a month because you’re a stupid letch!” Inuyasha yelled at him. “ Ok, Ok, Inuyasha. Here, why don’t you use my cell?” Miroku offered his friend.

“ Not a lot of good that’ll do when I don’t know Sesshomaru’s number. That’s in my phone.” Inuyasha huffed at him before turning away with arms crossed, waiting impatiently for his Brother to show. Finally they saw his silver Aston Martin V12 Vanquish coming into the parking lot. ( This is a Hot, Hot car! And I just wanted to put it in! )

“ Feh, Finally. C’mon guys.” Inuyasha said, motioning for everyone to get in the car. Inuyasha sat in front while Kikyou, Koga, and Miroku piled in the back. “ Take long enough?” Inuyasha asked sarcastically. Sesshomaru pointedly ignored him as he began do drive home. He really hated that his Father made him pick Inuyasha up all the time, not to mention when his little friends had to tag along. He let out a silent sigh, he just wanted to get home.

Around a half an hour later they pulled onto the large driveway to the mansion. Once there Sesshomaru parked his car in the garage next to his Father’s Crimson Mustang Saleen S7. “ Make sure everything’s out of my car.” Sesshomaru told them before walking inside. Inuyasha sighed, “ Did you get everything?” He asked his friends. One quick look over and they all nodded their heads before following Sesshomaru inside.

“ Hey Dad! We’re back, ‘ Finally’!” Inuyasha called to him while walking into the living room with his friends to begin working on their group project.

 

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Kagome was sitting on the floor in the middle of the dojo next her father. ‘ By meditating and concentrating on your inner power, you’ll be able to have better control of it.’ That is what he said. All the while he has been sitting there next to her, trying to teach her the art of meditation, and she’s been fidgeting nonstop.

“ Hey Dad! We’re back, ‘Finally’ !” They heard Inuyasha yell breaking the death-like quietness. Kagome decided to take her Brothers’ homecoming as a cue that meditation time was over. She let out a sigh that sounded like one of relief before jumping up and stretching her muscles. She looked at her Father who was still sitting. “ Daddy.” She called out to him softly. He slowly cracked open one eye and looked at her , before he too stood up. “ We’ll work on this again tomorrow.” he said to her before standing up and leading the way out of the dojo to the living room.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Inutaisho walked into the living room , Kagome trailing close behind him. “ Hello. It’s good to see you all again.” Inutaisho greeted them . They all looked up from their random sitting spots on the floor, papers scattered about them. Inutaisho ushered Kagome forward, placing a gentle hand on top of her head, “ This is Kagome, my daughter.” he introduced her to everyone.

“ Ah, yes. Inuyasha had told us about Kagome. He said that she’d be joining the academy as a sixth grader, correct?” Miroku asked. “ Yes, that’s correct , Miroku. Tomorrow will be her first official day.” Inutaisho stated proudly. “ She’s so cute! “ Kikyou chimed, smiling at Kagome, making her blush slightly.

Inutaisho smiled and turned when he scented Sesshomaru coming down the stairs. “ Sesshomaru.” He called him over. Sesshomaru walked over and quirked an eyebrow at him. “ Tomorrow I want you to pick up Inuyasha and Kagome from school and take them shopping. Make sure Inuyasha gets a new suit and more clothes for Kagome as well..” Inutaisho said. Sesshomaru sighed and nodded.

“ Hey Mr. Tama, I could help them out I getting things for Kagome.” Kikyou offered with a bright smile.

“That just might be a good idea. Thank you Kikyou.” Inutaisho said with a small smile. “ Kikyou will be joining you tomorrow as well.” Inutaisho told Sesshomaru who just nodded again, resisting the urge to roll his eyes at the stupid girl. He really couldn’t stand her, his father new of that very well. How his little brother could was beyond him. Turning, he left the living room without even offering another glance.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome watched Sesshomaru leave. Glancing up at her father, he quirked an eyebrow at her . She smiled at him before following the direction she had Seen Sesshomaru walk, leaving her confused father in the living room.

“ What was that all about?” Inuyasha asked his Father, obviously confused too. His father shrugged his shoulders at him before turning to head back into his study to answer his phone that started to ring. Inuyasha looked on for a moment before shrugging his shoulders as well and sitting back down on the floor to finish up his group project.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sesshomaru had walked into the kitchen and started to make himself a sandwich not wanting to wait for dinner. As he was gathering all of his desired ingredients, he felt a not yet quite familiar aura enter the kitchen along with the sound of small pattering feet and the scent of cherry blossoms and cold rain filled his nose.

He new it was Kagome from every other clue, but her scent, her scent was so unique. Two very different things combined in one. Never had he met someone with such a combination of refreshing scents, especially not any humans. He watched from the corner of his eye as she sat at the counter, seemingly content at just watching him go about the kitchen.

When he was done making his sandwich he put the ingredients back in their rightful places before he took a seat at the counter next to her. He began eating , all the while taking glances at her from the corner of his eye. As he looked, it became even more apparent how small she really was, not ever really taking a good look earlier. She sat in the tall stool, he feet dangling quite far from the ground. Her little hands clutched the sides of the stool as she began twisting it left and right a little bit.

He watched as she gazed around at everything, still taking everything in, before her gaze landed on himself. He was about halfway through his sandwich when she spoke. “ I seen a picture of your mommy, she’s really pretty. You look like, you know? Daddy said that she died. I bet you miss her.” She said to him, a small caring smile on her face.

He was glad that it wasn’t a sympathetic smile, he certainly didn’t need that from the small girl that was now his new younger sister. She was still looking at him, expecting some kind of reaction or answer from him he guessed. Deciding to amuse her he replied with an emotionless tone, “ She passed on when I was young. She was very beautiful and a good mother.”

Kagome smiled a happier smile when he answered her. It disappeared though into a questioning frown as she cocked her head at him before asking , “ Are you mad that you’re picking us up tomorrow?” her voice held general wonderment, truly just curious.

“ This Sesshomaru does not appreciate being used as a personal limo driver and daycare center.” He said as he went and put his plate in the sink before walking out of the kitchen all together and up the stairs to his bedroom.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Inutaisho had been in the living room, looking at his son’s group project all the while keeping an ear open on the conversation that began to take place between Sesshomaru and Kagome in the kitchen. Sesshomaru must have known that he was listening and pointedly voiced how he felt about the situation he had been forced into tomorrow. He new that Sesshomaru never liked doing it, but he just thought it would be a way to get Sesshomaru and Inuyasha together so maybe they could at least bond a little bit and stop trying to tear each other’s throats out. Can you really blame a Father for trying?

Inutaisho walked into the kitchen after Sesshomaru left. Kagome turned the stool to look at him, giving him a small smile. He smiled back, “ Sesshomaru and Inuyasha don’t get along too well. I have Sesshomaru pick him up I hopes that they could at least form some type of bond and stop all of their nonsense fighting.” He explained to her before she had a chance to ask about it. She nodded her head in understanding.

“ I don’t think it bothers him that much. I think he just wants you to think that it bothers him.” Kagome stated with a brighter smile. She had a thing with people, she could tell how people ‘really’ felt about things and Sesshomaru really didn’t seem all that bothered , at least not as bad as he made others think.

Inutaisho smiled at her, she really was just remarkable. Now only to get her to sit still long enough for her to properly meditate to train. He bent down and scooped her up off the stool she was sitting on and into his large muscular arms.

She smiled as she laid her head on his shoulder. He walked past the living room and down the hallway into his study. He sat in his large chair, holding her close to his chest. “ Daddy?” he heard her ask, slightly muffled by shoulder. “ Yes?” came his deep calming voice, a voice she noted, that sounded very close to Sesshomaru’s.

“ Why do we do this?” she asked as she brought her head up and pointed her finger between herself and him. He smiled to himself at how cute she was before answering, “ I hold you because you are pup, Kagome. You are a new member of my pack and my instincts demand of me to keep my sent on you. To keep you safe. But I mostly hold you because I love you and you are my daughter, my only daughter.” he said gently as she burrowed her face in his neck.

“ Oh.” was all she said, a small smile making it’s way onto her face. “ I love you too, Daddy.” she told him softly. He smiled and kissed the top of her head. He could scene how relaxed she was when she was with him. He new that dinner was going to be on only a little while, but could also tell that she didn’t even seem the least bit hungry,. She just seemed tired, maybe from an exciting day.

“ Kagome, dinner will be served in a little while. You don’t seem hungry, but you do seem to be tired. You have a big day ahead of you tomorrow, would you like to go to bed a little earlier tonight?” He asked her. She yawned into his a chest before nodding. He smiled as he slowly stood and walked out of his study towards her room.

Walking in, he laid her down on the bed. Finding her pajamas in her closet he walked back over to her. He helper her out of her clothes and into her soft white pajama pants and shirt. He picked her back up and pulled down the covers before laying her back down. Covering her, he kissed her forehead, “ Goodnight, Kagome.” he said softly. “ Goodnight, Daddy.” she replied tiredly before yawning again. He smiled as he walked out of her room, turning off her light on the way out and closing her doors.

He just new that tomorrow was going to be a long and possible troublesome day. He just hoped that Kagome would be able to handle it. He new though, that Inuyasha would be watching out for her. Also meaning that if Inuyasha was watching out for, then his friends were also. He didn’t have to worry he finally decided. But now, he new, would be the perfect time to ponder over some things that had to do with his daughter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s note : Hey everyone, I hoped you enjoyed the new chapter. Don’t be afraid to tell me what you think about it. I’m hoping to have a new chapter up soon, now that I’m finally back into my groove. ; ]

Well, I’ll TTYL. And Thank You to all who reviewed! I really appreciate it, sorry it took so long for me to update.