- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The real followup for EP. I like this one much better ^_^
It was times like these that made Kagome regret following through with her 'destiny' and going on that blasted adventure with Inuyasha. She would never regret meeting the wonderful people that she met, or what she learned of herself. Those were some of the most precious gifts she could have ever asked for. She just regretted that she didn't take more time for her schooling, that she didn't get better grades. If she would have actually concentrated on her time as well as the past, she wouldn't be stuck in this lousy supermarket stocking shelves because she didn't get a good education like she could have gotten.

It was better that she didn't think about it in a bad light; she was working at the market during the day so she could go to school at night. There were only three more semesters to go for her before she got her degree in education. It had been hard, but it had been worth it. Next semester she would start working at a school part time as well, to get training in an actual classroom environment.

She stopped her stocking when a pair of black polished shoes came into her line of vision, stopping right in front of her. She put down the case of juice boxes she was holding and looked up.

"May I help you, sir?"

The man looked like any other man in Tokyo, his dark hair cropped and dressed in a smart business suit, though he looked at her rather strangely. The strange look gave way to a small smirk.

"This Sesshoumaru requires more of those boxes with the fruit nectar inside."

Kagome wasn't sure what to think at first. After a moment she smiled. "Juice boxes?"

"Yes. This Sesshoumaru requires more."

She picked up a pack of the apple juice boxes. "You've been drinking them again, haven't you?"

He shrugged his shoulders, an action that didn't look so unusual from the now modern demon standing in front of her. "I will neither confirm nor deny that."

"What kind would you like?"

Sesshoumaru leaned down and scanned the different varieties of juice boxes that sat on the shelf. "The kind that comes with a miko for a dinner date."

Kagome laughed. "The miko usually brings wine for dinner dates."

He pulled a pack of apple juice boxes off of the shelf and handed them to her. "For old time's sake." Then he turned and walked back up the isle. Before he turned the corner he turned to her. "Hina. Seven o'clock. Bring the boxes."