- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A bit of a followup to The Demon And The Juice Box, this was written for Forthrightly's Halloween Challenge last year.
"Who should I do next?" Shippou asked, grinning so broadly his face ached.

Rin bounced with excitement. "Ooh! Ooh! Do Jaken!"

Shippou scrunched his face in concentration. There was a soft pop and a cloud of dust hovered where the little fox child had stood a moment before.

Rin's eyes widened in amazement as the dust cleared. In front of her stood a perfect replica of Jaken, complete with his staff.

"Stupid human child!" the doppelganger muttered. "I'm so in love with Lord Sesshoumaru! I will do anything for him!" He made kissy faces at Rin, causing the girl to explode with laughter.

With another soft pop and some more dust, Shippou transformed back. Both children fell to the ground giggling. "What next?"

"How about Kagome?"

Shippou stood up. *Pop!*

The Kagome double smiled down at Rin. "I love Inuyasha even though he's such a jerk." The double looked off to her left. "Sit boy!" she yelled, pointing her finger toward a pretend Inuyasha.

Both Rin and Shippou turned when there was loud crash and an 'oof' sounded in the distance. Immediately Shippou transformed back to his normal self and looked at Rin. "Oops?" he said, laughing to cover up his nervousness. Rin joined in on the giggles and all was well once more.

"I've got an idea!" Shippou announced. Once again he stood up, only this time he took a few steps away from Rin. *Pop!*

"Lord Sesshoumaru?" Rin asked in wonder. Everything from the stripes on his face down to the smallest of needle work details on his sash were perfect.

"This Sesshoumaru hates humans!" The Sesshoumaru double struck a pose that was supposed to be intimidating. "Yet I allow a girl to follow me! And I steal Shippou's juice boxes!"

Shippou jumped when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Excellent attempt, child." Sesshoumaru walked around his double and eyed it appraisingly. "Though curiously, this Sesshoumaru does not recall having a fox tail."

Shippou looked behind him, at the fuzzy tail poking through the garments. He blushed and transformed back. "I'm sorry, Lord Sesshoumaru." He looked down in shame.

"Practice your skills," Sesshoumaru said in his normal hard voice, though Shippou knew it was as close as he was going to get to kindness and approval. "And," he said with a slight grin, "this Sesshoumaru does not steal your fruit nectar. The miko is kind enough to give it to me."

Just as silently as he came, the older demon left the children to play once more.