- Text Size +

The first thing that came to Kagome’s mind was, the warmth surrounding her. The last thing she remembered before passing out was Inuyasha’s eyes. She slowly opened her eyes and she smiled when she saw the sleeping form of Inuyasha. She gently moved and the Hanyou’s eyes slowly opened. He smiled and he let her go. "How are you feeling?" Kagome slowly stood and she stretched, "much better, Thank you for staying with me tonight." Inuyasha smiled and he went to speak, but before he could say anything Sango ran into the room and she slammed the door, "Kagome, we need to get you ready. Naraku is on his way!" Kagome’s eyes went wide and she ran over to Sango. Within Minutes Kagome was dressed in a Pink Kimono, She ushered Inuyasha out of the room and she had just pulled her hair back when Naraku walked into the room. Kagome stood with her hands folded in front of her. "We are going into town today Kagome, its time for you to start wearing more official clothing." He left the room and Kagome frowned, Official meant, Stifling Kimono’s and at times, long floor length dresses. She let out a sigh and she walked over to the window, She sat on the windowsill and she let her thoughts wander.

Kagome was pulled out of her trance when Naraku walked into the room, He stood silently waiting on his ward. Kagome stood and she walked behind him with her head down. The ride to the town was silent. When they arrived they went directly to the dress shop. Kagome bought several kimonos, gowns and everyday dresses. It was a major step up from the childish clothes she had been wearing since arriving at the fortress. When they arrived at the castle, Kagome was finally left alone. When Sango told Kagome Naraku had left and wouldn’t be back until the following Afternoon, The young woman was overcome with happiness. She dropped her Kimonos and she ran into the gardens. Inuyasha came into sight and her smile got brighter. Before Inuyasha could react Kagome had jumped onto his back, "Naraku is gone until Tomorrow afternoon." Inuyasha set Kagome down and he smiled, "So what is it you have planned?" Kagome smiled, "You and Sango stay in my room tonight." Inuyasha let out a laugh, he picked Kagome up bridal style and he began to spin around in circles. Kagome squealed and she laughed, Sango smiled as she watched them both.

That night Kagome, Inuyasha and Sango sat on the floor in her room eating fruit, vegetables and meet. It was the happiest Kagome had been since Sango first came into her life. Kagome fell into another fit of laughter as Inuyasha tried to do impersonations. She picked up a grape and threw it at him only to hit him in the forehead. After Sango fell asleep Kagome and Inuyasha decided to go for a walk in the garden. Inuyasha smiled as he linked his arm with Kagome. "So…King Naraku…He seems to be a suitable match." Kagome put her head down and she sighed, "Naraku is a beast. That man has held me prisoner since I was 5, He was in love with my mother. It angered him when she fell in love with my father, a lord of a great village instead of him. My mother got caught in the crossfire between him and my father. My father died and my mother not long after. Naraku took me in." Inuyasha frowned and his ears drooped. Kagome looked up and she smiled, "Don’t Worry Inuyasha ill be alright. Besides I have my heart set on someone else." Kagome leaned on the castle walls and she tried to look over them. Inuyasha smiled softly as he picked her up and he jumped onto the wall.

Kagome smiled and she looked longingly at the lands before her. Inuyasha sat next to her and he smiled. "Ive always wondered what it would be like, to be loved for who you are instead of what you are." Kagome smiled and she leaned into Inuyasha, "Ive wondered the same thing to." Inuyasha smiled and he wrapped his arms around Kagome and he held her tightly. When Kagome let out a sob, Inuyasha frowned, "Kagome…what’s wrong?" Kagome looked at the moon and she spoke as tears rolled down her cheeks, "Ive fallen in love with someone, but I know he could never love me back. I have been sworn to Naraku. If he chose to love me back, It would have to be in complete secret." Inuyasha sighed and he held her tighter, "Who is he Kagome, Who is it you love?’ Kagome moved out of Inuyasha’s grasp and she looked at him, "Do you not know." Inuyasha smiled and he felt his own eyes feel with tears. He pulled Kagome close and he gently pressed his lips to hers. Kagome held Inuyasha tightly to her. When she pulled back she smiled brightly.

A few minutes later, They couple resumed they’re walking. Kagome smiled as she leaned into Inuyasha. The Hanyou wrapped his arm around Kagome and he held her close. As they walked under the moonlight Kagome felt a sudden sense of Peace. It was a feeling she had never felt before. She smiled when Inuyasha began to sing in a low voice,

{Inuyasha} Moon so bright night so fine
Keep your heart here with mine
Life's a dream we are dreaming
Race the moon catch the wind
Ride the night to the end
Seize the day stand up for the light
I want to spend my lifetime loving you
If that is all in life I ever do

Kagome smiled and she joined in as well,

{Kagome} Heroes rise heroes fall
Rise again, win it all
In your heart, can't you feel the glory
Through our joy, through our pain
We can move worlds again
Take my hand, dance with me

Inuyasha Took Kagome’s hand and they slowly danced around the Garden,

{Both} I want to spend my lifetime loving you
If that is all in life I ever do
I will want nothing else to see me through
If I can spend my lifetime loving you
Though we know we will never come again
Where there is love, life begins
Over and over again
Save the night, save the day
Save the love, come what may
Love is worth everything we pay
I want to spend my lifetime loving you
If that is all in life I ever do
I want to spend my lifetime loving you
If that is all in life I ever do
I will want nothing else to see me through
If I can spend my lifetime loving you.

As the song slowly ended, Kagome and Inuyasha held each other in a passionate kiss. They walked back into the bedchamber hand in hand. Kagome covered Sango with a blanket and she settled down on a futon not far from Sango. Inuyasha smiled and he sat next to her. The two fell asleep holding each other.

The next morning Kagome was woken up by Sango, When she saw the look in Sango’s eyes she became alarmed, "Sango…what’s going on?" Sango tried to speak without fear, "Naraku is back, he wants to see you. He came in to surprise you and he saw you and Inuyasha." Kagome closed her eyes and she tried to fight back the tears. She looked at Inuyasha and she gently shook him awake. "You need to leave now." Inuyasha didn’t object when he heard the fear in her voice. He grabbed his sword and he leapt out of the window. Kagome dressed in a red Kimono and she pulled her hair back with a red ribbon. She was led to Naraku’s room and she gently knocked. When the door opened she stepped in.

The door shut behind her and Naraku stood, He walked to Kagome and he stood over her. Kagome made the mistake of looking him in the eye, before she could speak, she was backhanded hard. She fell backwards and she tumbled over a chair and onto the floor. She held her cheek and she slowly stood. Naraku backhanded her again and Kagome fell into the wall. She didn’t bother getting up. Sango stood outside her hands shaking under her cloak as she listened to Kagome’s screams and please for him to stop hitting her. When Naraku finally finished Kagome lay on the floor, She couldn’t see out of her left eye, her lip had been busted open and countless bruises covered her face. Kagome winced and she tried to move back as Naraku knelt in front of her. Naraku frowned and he grabbed her wrist. "I have to leave once more, Only this time I will be gone for 2 weeks. You have until I return to end whatever you have with Inuyasha. Or I will end it for you. When I return we are to be married…you are dismissed." Kagome stood and the doors opened. When Sango saw her friend she gasped.

Kagome didn’t utter a word as she walked back to her room. Once she was sure her and Sango were Alone, Kagome broke………