- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I do not own the InuYasha characters. They belong to their respectful owners. I do however, own Hitomi. The storyline belongs to Gernzy for the creation of this amazing challenge.
Author's Chapter Notes:
I have fallen in love with this. I WILL be continuing it past the first chapter, believe me. This challenge opened my mind and let my imagination flow.

As the young hanyou InuYasha tugged at the bottom of his older brother, Sesshomaru's robe, his brother's face held no emotion. With a swift movement, InuYasha was sitting on his bottom, starring up at his brother, his golden eyes holding a blank question. His lip quivered softly, revealing a not-so-happy three year old. The site brought a small smirk to the elder brother's lips.

Inutaisho, Sesshomaru and Inuyasha's father, made his way through the door of the hut they now stayed in after the loss of Izayoi, InuYasha's human mother. Sesshomaru had lost half of his respect for his father after the birth of his brother, the half-breed sitting behind him. They looked similar but the differences were greatly noticeable. He fully believed that he held a great deal more amount of power than Inuyasha could ever have. His pitiful brother amused him, however most of the time, he didn't let that show.

"Sesshomaru, you musn't hold hatred against your brother. He has done nothing to make you tick," his father stood before him, motionless, yet stern.

Sesshomaru's eyes flickered from his brother to his father. "That is not so."

"Explain what he has done, then I shall try and understand your reasons for your attitude towards him," his father couldn't think up a logical explanation for this but he was willing to hear him out.

Sesshomaru made no effort to answer his father before turning towards the door, leaving. His head turned back to look at the bamboo door of the hut. he was born... With the thought, Sesshomaru felt no need to stay.

******************

The river was ice cold, yet Hitomi, a young female dog demon, still bathed there like the temperature didn't affect her at all. Her silver hair strectched down to her waist, accenting the slender curves her figure held. She rinsed her body, pulling a purple kimono up in front of her, wrapping it around her body like a towel. Her eyes were shut until a twig broke, making her snap them open.

Hitomi's emerald eyes starred ahead as she turned behind her, looking straight into the eyes of Sesshomaru. Her mouth opened in a gasp, her eyes emblazing in anger. "Do you dare watch me bathe?" her voice carried hatred, a sort of hate only a woman could hold for a man that had done something terribly wrong.

His face was blank, his eyes held nothing, but they seemed to lock her in her place. He studied her body, her eyes, her voice. He took in her words, they did not cut him even the slightest. "Pitiful girl, you think I have time to watch someone clearly not fully developed bathe for my entertainment? You are obviously mistaken," he of course, did not care.

"Oh?" her eyes danced now. "You think you're so strong and mature. You don't seem much older than I, now do you?" she let the smirk kiss her lips as she walked closer to the youkai. He stood his ground, not caring she was getting anywhere close to him. Strangly, he'd usually back away, however, he let her continue.

"I warn you, my age does not affect my will to think nor does it affect my strength," he sounded confident, but to her, they were just words.

Hitomi was now engulfed in the wantings of knowing more of this young man. Her interests were sparked and she wanted to follow him wherever he walked. She studied his figure and everything that stood out about him to her. "Let me join you," she was demanding.

"Come."

******************

InuYasha's golden eyes blinked a few times as he lay on the floor of the hut now. His father stood in one place the whole time. He knew Sesshomaru had gone off on his own. He didn't despise that, for that's what he wanted. He wanted his sons to have independance. His eyes landed on the young Inuyasha. His love had died not long after InuYasha had been born, forcing him to raise his son on his very own, knowing Sesshomaru had no intention of helping or caring at all.

InuYasha tugged at his father, this time being picked up and given attention. His father gave him a smile before returning him to the floor to let him scurry off into a side room to play. A sigh escaped his father's mouth before he took a seat against the wall, crossing his legs in front of him. This had been only the second time Sesshomaru had gone off, returning many months later. This time, Inutaisho sensed it was for good.

"When will the boy ever put aside his differences..." letting his voice trail, Inutaisho sat there, looking ahead, letting no emotion affect him at this point.

******************

"Half breed!?" Hitomi's eyes were filled with bitter excitement when Sesshomaru told him of his wretched half-demon brother, InuYasha. "So Lord Inutaisho is your father then," her voice turned weak that very instance, shooting thrills down Sesshomaru's back, making him face her.

"Is there something wrong with that fact?" his eyes narrowed, hating her.

Silver hair shook across her shoulders, following the motions of her head. "Of course there isn't. You just seem more independant, someone who wouldn't fall for such humans, but someone of your own kind," her voice held lust, a powerful feeling during that time, something Sesshomaru had no interest in being his age.

He gave a sort of a chuckle, but she was not certain. "In time, yes. Now, no one has my interest. I care nothing of the opposite sex at the moment. I do in fact, care about leaving here. Do not slow me down," his feet carried him forward, dropping his words.

a little inconsiderate i must say, but damn, he's one spark that should light my fire in an instance. Her thoughts wondered, letting her walk forward to place a single pale hand on his shoulder. His body stiffened, giving off the sense that he did not want to be touched. "You and I, we share something. We are both youkais, we have beautiful hair and beautiful bodies, our age isn't a huge factor between us. What more could you possibly want?" it had been a serious question, she wanted no play.

Sesshomaru faced her, touching her cheek lightly with his hand, his nail scratching her cheek softly. "You girl, do not want any part of who I am. In one movement, I'll cut you so deep you'll bleed to death," he waited for her reaction. Hitomi's eyes were only glazed a bit but she managed a smile, a smile that sickened Sesshomaru's stomach.

"Now it's you who are mistaken. You haven't a sword nor any other weapon but your claws. You're merely a child," she took his hand from her face, bringing her body closer to his, making his feet shuffle below him. He wanted to back away. He wanted to jump. This girl had no reason to come this close anymore. "Hitomi," her lips grazed his cheek, not affecting Sesshomaru.

"Sesshomaru," he stood there, looking past her beautiful face, to the woods that had closed in now.

"Pleasure, shall we continue then?" her hair traced her face shape, giving off a glow in the sun. He did not answer her, but began to move forward. She followed behind, wanting more than ever to touch him again.

Chapter End Notes:

Await the 2nd chapter.

It will be here as soon as possible.

Reviews & Ratings motivate me to get the 2nd chapter here quicker!!

=)