- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The second in my spectrum challenge, for the colour orange.
Sesshoumaru had just finished his fifth bowl of rice and fish when one of the wax sticks was dangled in front of his face by a delicate hand.

"More observations?"

The crayon was then gone, and Kagome firmly planted herself beside him. "A few," she replied, putting the orange crayon back into the box.

"Do tell." He put his bowl and chopsticks down.

"Well," she began, "it stimulates the appetite. That was what? Your tenth bowl of rice?"

"Fifth," he corrected. "This Sesshoumaru's appetite is appropriate for his size."

"It's also the colour of attraction, you know." She put down the crayon and took his bowl.

"Maybe that is why you have an inane fascination with my person." He stuck his nose up in the air in a holier than thou fashion.

Kagome looked at him from over her shoulder, from where she stood at their makeshift sink. "You were the one with an 'inane fascination with my person' last night, so I'd watch my mouth if I were you."

"Inane fascination? I will show you inane fascination."

"Bring it on, dog boy!"

Before Kagome knew what hit her, she had been tossed over Sesshoumaru's shoulder and they were fast approaching the forest. "What are you doing?" she squealed, pulling on his silver hair.

"This Sesshoumaru plans on demonstrating his 'inane fascination with your person' until you beg for him to stop."

"Hit me with your best shot."