- Text Size +
Story Notes:
For drabble challenge for InuTweak LJ Community.
Kagome was bursting with joy as she brought a shiny wrapped gift to her ji-chan.

“Hey Kagome, what’s in the package?” InuYasha asked, poking at the package.

Kagome frowned and moved the package from the silver-haired half demon. InuYasha was always curious and if she revealed the contents of the gift, then she was sure he would ruin her fun.

“It’s a present for ji-chan. I found something in the feudal era that he would love, but I’m not telling you,” Kagome taunted in a singsong voice.

“Feh, see if I care, wench,” InuYash huffed, and then shoved his hands into the sleeves of his haori. “So, what’s it for?”

“Today is Respect-For-The-Aged Day. It’s a day that we celebrate to honor the elderly. I’m just showing my appreciation for all my ji-chan does, even though he gives me useless kappa hands for my birthday and slaps powerless ofuda on anything that looks like a demon,” Kagome explained, as she entered the kitchen.

She placed the package at the head of the table where ji-chan would sit.

“Geez, Kagome, you sure sound genuine,” Souta said sarcastically.

“Shut up, twerp!” Kagome snapped.

“Oh, InuYasha is here,” Kagome’s mom noticed. “I will set another place at the table. Say Kagome, didn’t you say InuYasha was about seventy years old? You should have gotten him a gift too.”

Souta choked on his juice, and as he recovered, he guffawed, “Ha ha, mom just basically referred to you as a geezer.”

“Souta!” Kagome called out, quite shocked as her brother was rolling on the ground laughing, and in tears.

“Feh,” InuYasha scowled and sat himself at the table, trying to ignore Souta. “Damn brat!”

Ji-chan walked in, sat down at the table, and asked, “Huh, did someone say geezer?”

Souta laughed even harder.
Chapter End Notes:
I do not own InuYasha. Copyright goes to Takahashi Rumiko.