- Text Size +
 Chapter 12: Well….She’s got a way with words….

Last time: “Oh no!! Kagome-sama!!? What’s the matter!!!?” Chika said, turning white from shock. Was it something she said?


-Leiko and Yukio- (walking into the Western doors)

She was silent and paid no heed about the guards that bowed down to her as she passed. She was upset, but she didn’t tell anyone. Oh where did that Hanyou…what was his name? Inuyasha?….

Yes, where did he get off calling her a liar and saying all those terrible things? Perhaps he liked Kagome as well? Well he was Sesshomaru’s brother after all….err…half…..

And that Wolf demon…..she’d heard him yelling at Inuyasha about Kagome-sama….did HE like her as well? ‘Well she must be a pretty wanted woman..’ Leiko wasn’t happy about that….no not at all. The only thing she cared for was Sesshomaru’s happiness…..it wasn’t everyday one got mated……

‘And where do those two demons get off liking Kagome-sama when she’s taken?’ Suddenly she gasped…Were they perhaps planning on taking Kagome, grabbing her, or kidnapping her underneath everyone’s eyes? ‘Shit!’ She had to do something…..it was a good thing Chika was here…..after all two heads were better than one.

‘Besides Chika’s already drilling Kagome for information regarding her life.’ And they could use all the information they got. She’d heard something interesting though that she needed to confirm with her spy from Inuyasha’s forest….Kagome got into this ‘mess’ as her friend Sango had put it through a game??

Well if that’s gonna get you mated…..’ Leiko mused, ‘Then why not give it a go?’

‘Pity….’ She thought inwardly. ‘Perhaps my inside information network doesn’t work fast enough anymore…..’

-Chika and Kagome- (Western Dojo)

Chika had fallen to her knees, crouched next to Kagome’s fallen figure. ‘And now everyone will come running.’ She groaned inwardly. She knew what her mate Ichiro was like, with his…. ‘Chika is my world.’

‘Well forget me for a second….I can handle Ichiro later…’ But what of Kagome? Chika frowned and said aloud, “Well I hardly think my speech of ‘Sesshomaru needed to get his act together’ made her faint like that …..” Chika said aloud.

But SHIT !!!! I’m in so much trouble!” I’m like alone with her here and it’s going to look like I killed or tried to kill her!!!” “And Ichiro knows that I don’t like people lying or deceiving me…god knows what the hell I’ll do to them….” Chika mumbled. “I’m going to end up in the DUNGEONS and be tortured for the rest of my life!’ she started to panic.

Wait….she sensed Leiko? She was here? ‘oh good…..’ she’ll stick up for me…..

“Oh, like holy shit!!!!!” Chika said angrily, more like yelled to no one. She turned around and paced back and forth and kicked the wall in frustration.

Chika looked down at Kagome’s well….body, if one wanted to call it that and freaked out, which she was famous for…..Suddenly she gasped… ‘oh god was she breathing??’

“Oh no!! I like killed Kagome-sama!” “It’s all my fault!” “Shit! What am I going to do now!!” “I’m in so much trouble!!!” and Chika kept ranting on and on about how much trouble she was in…..

-With Sesshomaru and Ichiro- (in his study)

Ichiro hadn’t even finished his sentence saying ‘ I think we’d better go find Chika and Lady Kagome, because Chika’s never up for people lying to her or deceiving her….no telling what she’ll do when she’s angry….’ When they heard a scream from the Dojo…..Chika’s scream.

Sesshomaru and Ichiro just looked at each other for a second and ran into the direction of the Dojo…What they’d find they didn’t know.

-Back to Leiko and Yukio- (Now on the western side of the palace)

Leiko was about to tell Yukio about her fears when both heard a chilling scream from none other than Chika.

Yukio looked at Leiko who shrugged walking over to the Dojo “I’m sure she’s fine Yukio, she’s such a drama queen after all…..” that said both made their way over to the Dojo.

Sesshomaru and Ichiro didn’t waste time and got to the Dojo ….when they walked in they didn’t see anything dangerous….no one screaming bloody murder so what…..? They just saw Chika who seemed to be looking down at Kagome’s fallen figure….and what the hell…..?

“Kagome?” Sesshomaru said, walking over towards her. No answer. He looked at Chika who gave him a sheepish look. “I swear I didn’t do anything!” “Really!” “I…..” but she was cut off by her mate, Ichiro.

“And no one is blaming you for anything my Dear…..” Ichiro said pulling her to her feet, wrapping an arm around her waist to reassure her.

“So what happened?” Sesshomaru asked.

Chika, well she looked embarrassed and said, “Well, lets see…I walked with her into the dojo and we were talking and I don’t think that what I said made her faint like that……” “but…..”

“What did you say to her Chika?” Sesshomaru asked her in a pleasant, yet firm voice.

‘Err….’ Chika turned white and then thought ‘No way in hell can I tell him Sesshomaru needs to get his act together……they needed to make this fiction a fact….and the fact that she’d help Kagome keep her little secret. ‘Crap!’ she thought.

‘Technically I’m not even supposed to know!!’ she frowned and then said “Err…well...uhm…” Both demon lords waited for her to say something, yet she was at a loss of what to say…..

Suddenly she was saved by her friend Leiko, who just happened to ‘pop’ into the Dojo. “Ah Chika! There you are you silly drama queen!” Leiko giggled. Then she frowned, “Well this is an interesting way to greet Kagome…this is Kagome right?”

Then she greeted all the Demon lords and rounded on Sesshomaru, looking at him like it was all his fault. “Sesshy!! Is this any way to treat your mate Kagome?” “Humph……you should take better care of her from now on!”

Well Chika and I must be off….we have a lot of catching up to do…..and Sesshomaru?” “I expect Kagome to be okay when I see her next….”

‘…………………………’

Leiko then grabbed Chika by the arm and dragged her out of the Dojo….none of the lords believing that Leiko had smoothly dragged Chika away without breaking a sweat……. And their next thought was ‘what just happened here?’

“Oh thanks a lot Leiko! You saved my butt back there…I was in for a full blown interrogation by the lords there…”Chika said.

“I know….” Leiko said, letting go of Chika’s arm. “Now what the heck did you say to Kagome-sama?”

-Inutachi group- (who have now reached the western palace)

Inuyasha was mumbling something incoherent, Kouga was flexing his claws preparing to ‘take out’ Sesshomaru when he saw him next and Sango just sweat-dropped wondering what the heck to do to the two of them……

The guards at the door were surprised to see the Western prince (Inuyasha) actually show his face here again……

“Inuyasha-sama?” a guard began…..

“I’m just here to take back what or rather who is mine…..” Inuyasha said.

The guard looked confused for a second, then looked at Inuyasha’s ‘companions’ Sango and Miroku…..

“They’re okay….they’re with me…..” Inuyasha said. The guard nodded and opened the doors to the palace. The first thing they saw when they walked in was two demonesses, who looked very familiar…. walking towards them and they weren’t paying any attention to the group……

-Chika and Leiko-

“Well I said that Kagome would need my help if she wanted to keep her (ahem) secret going….” “And of course that we had to make that fiction a fact sooner or later…..” “Err...and I said that Sesshomaru needed to get his act together as it was…..” Chika said.

“And then Kagome fainted….” “I highly disagree that I said anything wrong Leiko!” Chika said a bit angrily.

As if she wasn’t the lady of the west wasn’t enough….. Inuyasha yelled,

YOU SAID WHAT??” Both turned to look at Inuyasha, who looked well…..angry that Kagome had fainted.

“Oh look who it is….” Leiko said angrily. “Inuyasha.” “Come to take what you believe is yours?” As Leiko argued back and forth with Inuyasha, Chika waved the guards away that were coming towards them, to see what was going on…..

“You know for a fact that this is a lie…..”Inuyasha said, growling at Leiko, who looked amused. “Kagome’s little game of Whatever it’s called, has gone far enough…” “So Sesshomaru won…big deal, but it’s not the truth is it?”

Chika looked at Inuyasha then and said “Perhaps…Inuyasha….you are correct..” “Games are lies…..”

“But what if Kagome was playing the game ONLY because she wanted to see if the feelings were mutual….What Sesshomaru thought of her…..” “I do believe that if Kagome-sama were playing the game for ‘kicks’ as you say….she’d tell you ne?”

Sesshomaru certainly seems to like Kagome doesn’t he? After all…..she IS the Lady of the West now……seems as though the feelings WERE mutual…….” That said Chika trailed off.

Leiko smirked at Inuyasha’s flabbergasted expression. Yes, Chika, her best friend, certainly had a way with words…..


Lady Nefertiti: Please read and review!!!