- Text Size +
 Chapter 13: “You wouldn’t DARE!!!”

Last time: Leiko smirked at Inuyasha’s flabbergasted expression. Yes, Chika, her best friend, certainly had a way with words…..


Leiko and Chika continued to stand in the way of the group, so they couldn’t get by into the palace and Inuyasha’s patience was wearing thin……..

“How do you plan to ‘grab’ Kagome, so to speak, now that she has a lovely mark on her neck?” Leiko asked Inuyasha and Kouga.

-Silence-

“I’m sure it’s reversible.” Inuyasha said stubbornly.

“Quite the contrary, you ignorant dog…it’s the opposite…a life mark….You Baka..” Chika said. “Here don’t believe me?” “I’ll prove it….” Chika said angrily.

“Err…Chika?” Leiko began, hesitantly.

Chika lowered the collar of her dress and showed everyone her mark, it was a silvery color and it shimmered a bit in the sunlight. ‘Oh my, look at that color…’ Sango thought, gazing at her neck.

“And it does something cool too….” Chika continued.

“CHIKA!!!” Leiko said. “That’s only for emergency’s!!!”

“I’m trying to prove a point Leiko….” Chika said.

Leiko sighed, “Oh very well……” She didn’t know how Ichiro would take this…

“Touch my mark Inuyasha…..” Chika said. “I promise I won’t let you die…..”

“I….huh...say WHAT??” Inuyasha looked at her with a confused expression. Where was she getting at and more importantly why did Leiko get so upset???

What was going to happen?? ‘I won’t let you DIE???’ ‘It’s only for emergency’s???’ What had she meant by that???

‘Inuyasha use your brain and don’t….’ Leiko thought. He’s been too long from the Youkai aristocratic court he doesn’t remember anything!

Kouga rolled his eyes, he knew what would happen……annoying Chika. How Ichiro put up with her was beyond him. In any case he hoped that when Ichiro came, he’d finish Inuyasha off once and for all…. ‘Dog always gets in the way……’ he thought.

Inuyasha sighed and proceeded to do what she said and when he touched it there was an instantaneous reaction…… Ichiro was standing next to Chika and glared at Inuyasha.

“You.” Was the only thing Ichiro said coldly. He despised Sesshomaru’s half-brother….. “Why are you here in the Western lands?” He grabbed Inuyasha by the neck, preparing to squeeze the life out of him….

“Is he the one who touched you Chika dear?” He flexed his claws, Leiko rolled her eyes, Sango gulped, Kouga looked confused, and Inuyasha winced.

“Umm yes but….” Chika began. “I was proving a point and I promised he wouldn’t die…so it’s okay….really…”

Ichiro calmed down but still glared at Inuyasha. “Make sure to stay AWAY from Chika….and Leiko…. from now on……you worthless mutt.” Ichiro said coldly. He threw Inuyasha on the ground and then grabbed Chika’s hand, pulling her along and then told Leiko to follow him.

“But they got here first…..and she’s the one who told me……” Inuyasha began.

“Inuyasha, my half-hanyou friend…I think it’s better to just let it be…..” Miroku said wisely. And then he continued by saying….. “You are lucky……because…”

1.) You are not harmed by Ichiro, even though he wanted to kill you….

2.) If you haven’t noticed, Chika waved off all the guards that wanted to kill you for yelling at her and Leiko.

3.) Sesshomaru has not yet arrived to murder you, after all, he always tries to kill you even gracing the Western lands.

“And 4….”

“Okay Monk, I got the picture….Now shut up!!!” Inuyasha mumbled a little loudly. “But what I want to know is what was Chika trying to prove to us???” Inuyasha said aloud. Everyone nodded at his question. Chika and Leiko were quite the pair…confusing and crazy……..

“I just want to know where Kagome is and then grab ‘my woman’ and get out of this place!!! “Argh do you see everyone and all the damn finery? Lavish clothes of silk, soldiers training to fight, soft laughter of ladies and…..Argh everything is so perfectly organized…..

“And it would do you a world of good to learn from it Kouga.” A soft voice said from behind him. “How dare you use such language in my palace and in front of me as well?”

Kouga’s jaw literally hit the floor. There was Kagome arm in arm with none other than Sesshomaru himself.

(A/N: Okay… I was going to leave you here….but I didn’t… it’d make a nice cliffhanger though….. thinks)

Kagome was wearing a Navy blue Kimono, which had silver embroidery, and light lavender Sakura blossom’s were scattered here. She was wearing a matching Lavender obi (Because Chika wouldn’t have Kagome wear ANYTHING that didn’t match…) that was a ‘fashion NO-NO’ in her opinion….navy blue silk slippers and her hair was pulled back with a pair of chopsticks……

“Ka…Ka…” Kouga started, not believing his eyes

“My name is Kagome-SAMA to you now, Kouga.” Kagome said an in icy voice.

Sesshomaru felt her flinch in sorrow about having to address him this way, but it had to be done…with him as well as Inuyasha…otherwise they’d never get it through their thick heads….He rubbed her knuckles in reassurance that it was going to be okay, and she smiled a little.

Kouga narrowed his eyes, Sango smiled, and Inuyasha gaped…..at the crescent moon on Kagome’s forehead……..

(A/N: They’re not mated …..YET…so please no one get confused...explanations are in the next chapter….)

“Yeah I love my crescent moon too Inuyasha.” Kagome said smiling at Inuyasha serenely. “Of course if I had mated with you I wouldn’t have this now would I?” For the first time Inuyasha was speechless. He didn't know who was more insane at the moment, Kagome or Sesshomaru...

“Oi Sesshomaru.” Inuyasha said, “I’ll trade you…”

“I beg your pardon?” Sesshomaru said coolly.

“I said I’ll trade you…Kagome for the Tetsuiga….” Inuyasha repeated.

-Silence-

-More Silence-

-Even more silence-

But it was not Kagome this time, who had ‘hurt’ Inuyasha, but Sango.

“Inuyasha!” Sango said glaring at him and then hit him with her boomerang, knocking him out.

Suddenly Kagome flushed with embarrassment and said, “Sango come, I must talk to you….” Kagome looked at Sesshomaru, who nodded and let her hand go. With that Kagome and Sango walked towards the castle, hoping to find Chika and Leiko.

“Now what do you suppose we do with him?” Kouga asked Sesshomaru, kicking Inuyasha with his foot.

“Leave him, my dragon AH-UN might get hungry.” Sesshomaru said.

(A/N: ha-ha!! Sorry I just had to put that in!! After all, even Sesshomaru should have a sense of humor, even if it is cold and cruel. ROTGL!!)

-Kagome and Sango- (walking into the castle)

“I knew you’d be okay Kagome.” Sango said, smiling a little. Kagome didn’t answer her. “And about you’re relationship with Sesshomaru..” She began.

“Sango.” Kagome said, cutting her off. “there’s two people I want you to meet, well we have to find them first….” “They’re the ones that are helping me through this err…interesting situation…”

Sango had an idea who those two could be, but didn’t say anything to Kagome. “You were faking it weren’t you?” Sango said softly. “What makes it so important Kagome?” “Tell me why it is so important for you to actually LIE to Inuyasha about Sesshomaru…?” “It tells me that Sesshomaru must be someone important to you.”

“No don’t you look at me like that…!” Sango said. “Just a game huh? Well looks like you’re having a ball…..” Kagome rolled her eyes and both made their way to Sesshomaru’s study, perhaps Chika and Leiko were there with their mates, ‘and Chika’s probably getting a lecture from her mate….’ Kagome mused.

-Sesshomaru’s study-

Arms crossed, Chika pouted as her mate spoke to her, of course she was paying attention…. ‘not’ she thought to herself. She believed she did the right thing…. ‘YEAH!!! I did do the right thing!!’ ….sure... of course she was listening to her beloved mate….. la-la-la-la...and rolled her eyes inwardly.

-Flashback- (Chika and Leiko on their way to the study)

“Tell me why you did that?” Leiko asked her friend.

Chika frowned and then said, “Leiko honestly, use your brain!! Now that Inuyasha KNOWS that Kagome has a (ahem) Mark and is (ahem) Mated, he’ll stay away from her….” She looked at Leiko’s dubious face and continued.

AND best of all? Now Sesshy-kun and Kagome HAVE to get mated SOONER because people are going to start to wonder if they lied…….” And then in an evil tone she said, “And Sesshomaru doesn’t lie now does he?” she smirked evilly.

Leiko sighed, She really had no idea where Chika came up with these hair-brained ideas that always seemed to work with her………….


Lady Nefertiti: Yay another chapter done!

Please read and review!!!!