- Text Size +
 Chapter 17: Humph…. Baka Hanyou!!!

Last time: He knew her 'tactics' so well that he could read them even before she acted upon them...


Kagome knew he’d be mad at her, she’d acted upon a silly game, but she herself didn’t know if she believed the results……If he found out……why hadn’t she listened to her mother?

Maybe she’d thrown ‘caution to the wind’ so to speak and decided to do what SHE wanted. Hell who wouldn’t fall for his cool demeanor, sexy stripes, silky hair and a face to die for? Only a fool would look at him twice before deciding to jump him….

She shook her head then, even if he HADN’T found out, he was still acting strange….He went all out and declared that Kagome was his….’So what are you going to do about it?’ She asked herself.

She sure had a lot of people to help her though…..Chika, Leiko, Sango and was more strange was that Inuyasha had backed off too….He usually was adamant on staking his claim on Kagome no matter what. ‘But perhaps he didn’t because he saw the ‘fake’ crescent moon on my forehead’ she thought vaguely and then knew he had lost….

She wondered what he was up to at this moment, ‘He had left really angry, seeing my mate and me…. Sesshomaru…err…. Kissing…. She flushed and then thought ‘But what a tantalizing thought that was!’ ‘My mate Sesshomaru, I was his…..and he was mine…..’

Just the thought of belonging to someone like him….His promise to protect her from harm, lashing out and killing anyone who decided to take her away from him…..She shivered and her tiny hands gripped his silky shirt tighter…..

-With Inuyasha-

Inuyasha was standing out on the balcony and glared staring out into the western gardens. He was fuming angrily, knowing he couldn’t do anything anymore. And then he had to witness all that…..all those people kissing….Argh…

Kouga had left as soon as he had heard, with all the pride and dignity he had left in him, and maybe Inuyasha thought he should follow suit….Kouga seemed to have the right idea……at the moment. Sango had left with Miroku because a village near the western lands were in need of help.

But still Inuyasha seemed to have doubts about Kagome….Why had she hesitated when Sesshomaru kissed her? Why was she angry with Sesshomaru when Inuyasha had walked in? The last thing he had heard from her was ‘ Err…there’s something I need to tell you…..’ There was only one way he’d find Chika and Leiko and ask them, and they’d better tell him or else….and even if they refused, he’d be able to smell their guilt, hesitation, lies or whatever….

-Back to Kagome and Sesshomaru – (His chambers)

He placed her on the bed and looked down at her with a thoughtful expression in his eyes……He had felt her emotions as he carried her to his room. It was confusion, anger, thoughtful and then she was aroused? He shook his head and thought it was strange for a ningen to display so many emotions at once.

“Hey Sesshomaru….” Kagome began hesitantly and then flinched when he looked at her, showing her that she had his undivided attention. “We need to talk about something….I was trying to tell you earlier…..” She gulped and continued.

“There’s a game we play in my time….It’s absolutely a silly, a childish game…um…that predicts your future….” “Uhm like who you’re going to mate, how many children you’ll be having….what you will be and if your mate will be faithful to you…. Where you will be living….things like that…” When he didn’t respond, she continued, embarrassed that she’d actually have to explain this….this…to someone like him, A demon lord no less……

She clenched her hand together and then said, “ The game is called M-A-S-H….The ‘M’ means mansion or castle if you want to call it.” “The ‘A’ is for apartment or the size of your ‘servants quarters’ if you want to call it.”

“The ‘S’ is for shack or hut if you want to call it that, and lastly the ‘H’ means house or the size of a large cave if you wish to call it that…..”

She sighed and looked down into her lap as a tear rolled down her cheek and then she whispered….. “I’m so sorry Sesshomaru….I didn’t mean to mislead you or anything……” “And the ironic thing was that the same male, kept winning and I wondered if fate was meant to put us together…..”

“Of course it’s silly, “ She said, still not looking up at him. “I never meant to hurt anyone….I ….It just got out of hand…I….are you mad at me Sesshomaru?” as another tear rolled down her cheek and she shivered, wondering if he’d really rip her head off this time……

She heard him sigh and then was shocked when he put his hand on her cheek, caressing it softly. ‘So he‘s not going to kill me? or chuck me out a window?’ She looked up and he looked down at her….An unreadable expression on his face…….

-Leiko and Yukio-

She sighed and then decided she’d tell him…..”Fine Yukio I’ll tell you….But let me tell you something first….today I was going to tell ‘her’ that I no longer wanted her help or didn’t want her assistance….” He nodded telling her to continue.

“She worked with the enemy and at first I thought you’d be angry if I had told you so I…..Did it myself…. I’m sorry….” She didn’t see him sigh, ‘Silly didn’t she know that he’d never be angry with her?’ ‘Didn’t she trust him enough?’ but he didn’t voice his thoughts aloud.

“It was Kanna…She has that mirror that shows her everything…..” Leiko looked down at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing she’d ever seen…..She didn’t see Yukio glare into the fireplace. ‘Naraku…’ His mate could’ve been in danger and he’d have never known…..And he didn’t like it when he didn’t know something, especially it regarded his beloved.

Chika and Ichiro- (Sesshomaru’s study)

“Maybe I should go and see how things are going?” Chika asked herself aloud.

“No.” Ichiro said.

“Do you think they’re fighting or killing each other?” She asked him.

“No.” He replied.

“Should I be worried? It’s been a couple of hours…..I mean seriously do you think they’re ‘getting it on?’ Ichiro?” He gave her a look which clearly said ‘Do you expect me to answer that?’ or ‘Chika are you thinking dirty things?’

Suddenly the door to the study opened and Inuyasha walked in. “Lady Chika, Do you know where Leiko-sama and Yukio are?”

“Hmm….Perhaps the library?” Chika said. The library was the second most secluded place in the mansion….if one wanted to be alone….Sesshomaru’s study being the first.

“I’ve got something to ask you and her…It’s about Kagome….” Inuyasha said.

Chika blanked out for a second…..Sure he might’ve been hanyou…. But did he sense or suspect her spell or if she asked her how would she respond??? She wasn’t a liar…

Ichiro noticed Chika’s distress and glared at Inuyasha. He’d better not say anything to make her upset…. Otherwise he’d rip Inuyasha’s throat out….

“Chika did you do something to Kagome to MAKE it appear as if she was Sesshomaru’s mate?” “I don’t….I can’t comprehend why you would even picture the two together but…..She’s mine!”

Chika looked upset at first but then her eyes narrowed in anger, “Kagome-sama doesn’t BELONG to anyone baka!!!” “How dare you lay your claim on her when she shows no affection towards you at all!"

Inuyasha wasn’t even paying any attention to Ichiro’s face which was growing angrier by the second but instead said, “ You…did…something…didn’t ..you…” He seethed in rage. Chika ‘eeped’ and clenched Ichiro with all the force she could muster.

“You…” Inuyasha started again, but was cut off by Ichiro.

“You bastard how dare you accuse and address my mate as such!” “If you have any issues then talk to me…..She’s not a part of this….”

(A/N???)

Inuyasha sighed in defeat and sat on the couch opposite theirs, and didn’t say anything else, Chika still holding onto Ichiro for dear life………..

-Sesshomaru and Kagome- (his chambers)

He was listening to her ramble on and on and then her distress caused some sort of emotion in him, that he was unable to name…..And he had touched her cheek, trying to soothe her….

“Kagome,” He began softly. “Why would you cry over something so trivial?” (unimportant/ insignificant) “Do you consider me as such a cold-hearted being ….thinking that I could or would feel the same as you did?”

He chuckled at her incredulous face. Then he brought his face closer to hers and whispered. “After all I did recall that we were having a child? and since you’re in heat this is the perfect time don’t you agree?”

(A/N: Okay, I know this is SO un-sesshomaru-like… but we have to make it sound believable!!)

She should’ve responded to that but no words would come out….

“You think that I just wanted a night of passion Kagome?” He continued. “Foolish girl…..Demons don’t do that, especially the one’s who have morals and honor….” Did he see her breathe a sigh of relief?

Out of impulse she pulled him into her arms and climbed into his lap, leaning against his chest, sighing with relief…..

”So what do you want to do about Inuyasha?” He whispered into her hair. He nuzzled her neck and she mumbled something incoherent. “What was that my dear?” Deciding to be playful, he ran a finger down her side, tickled her bottom, and his finger disappeared under her skirt and slid softly into her. When she moaned and was about to protest, He silenced her with a kiss……

‘Mpph.’ She said.

“What was that my dear? You want some more?” “I think I can arrange that…..” chuckling at her glare.

“Sessh-om—oomph” she was cut off by him again trying to kiss her senseless….

Who knew that all Sesshomaru needed was a little ‘push’ to get him where you wanted him???

And it was all thanks to a little Miko named Kagome…..Who hadn’t even protested when he marked her as his forever…..

-Sesshomaru’s study-

Leiko and Yukio had walked into Sesshomaru’s study to see Ichiro glaring at Inuyasha, arms wrapped around Chika, Chika holding onto him for dear life….thinking Inuyasha was the plague or something, and Inuyasha looking defeated.

“Uhm…” Leiko began, unsure of what to say.

Chika looked up at Leiko then they heard someone scream or was it a moan? They both looked at each other grinning, hoping it was err…..they’d rather not elaborate……

(A/N: We got some female Miroku’s up in here…)

Inuyasha looked at the both of them enter but decided he wouldn’t say anything. He stared into the fireplace, mulling in his own thoughts…….Did he deserve to lose Kagome….even if he did lose her?


Lady Nefertiti: Chapter 17!!!

Please read and review!!!!