- Text Size +
 Chapter 2: The many shades of Red…and dirty thoughts

Last time: ……Although she had a faint blush on her cheeks, still thinking of having as many children as possible….

Disclaimer: Did I mention that I do not own Inuyasha? Well anways I don’t…….


She jumped into the well, and felt that strange sensation again. It was like a cold draft, and you were like being pulled. When she reached the bottom of the well, she looked up to see a cloudy sky. “Oh man! How am I going to get this “yellow-contraption” out of the well?” she grumbled something about getting Inuyasha a calendar or a watch so he could be waiting for her when she returned.

“I don’t even have a bloody ladder so I can climb up the vines.” Sighing she struggled up the vines, finally coming up to the opening, she practically ‘Threw’ her bag out and leaned against the well, breathing hard. ‘need air…can’t breath…’

She opened her eyes and looked up to see none other than Sesshomaru looking at her, a question in his eyes. He said nothing but just looked down at her, silver hair blowing in the wind. Suddenly…. she started to turn pink..then went to a shade of red. “Seshh—sha” she tried again. “Sessh-o-m” ‘Oh man! What’s the matter with me?!’

‘Like DUH. Her conscious spoke up, HE was first on your list, HE was the one with the big castle you wanted, HE was the honorable lord, who YOU said was sexy…HE was the one who was educated..HE…’ But conscious was cut off by Kagome who mumbled ‘okay I got the picture.’ Suddenly she went to an even deeper shade of red. ‘And I also said HE was the one who I’d be having as many children as I wanted.’ Kagome tried to stop blushing, by putting her hands on her cheeks, but she couldn’t stop.

“Kagome, what is the matter with you?” Sesshomaru suddenly spoke up. She tried to say something but nothing came out. He bent and came face level with her, and gold eyes stared into blue. “Kagome what is wrong?” Suddenly he was cut off by Inuyasha’s voice. “Hey BASTARD!!! What are you doing here?!” ‘Wait-a-second’ “Kagome? You’re back?” “HEY!! SESSHOMARU WHAT ARE YOU DOING HITTING ON MY KAGOME!!???!”

Kagome finally found her voice and glared at MR. Kikyo, who was most likely to cheat on you, and would live in a forest. “Inuyasha, first do me a favor and ‘Sit’ and with that Inuyasha crashed to the floor, much to Sesshomaru’s amusement. “Sesshomaru is NOT hitting on me, is not abducting me, has not threatened me, but he just asked me if I was OKAY!!!” “Something you’ve never said before!!!”

She got up and brushed her skirt, as best as she could. ‘The only thing Sesshomaru didn’t ask was ….‘oops bad thoughts’ and she turned red again. Both brothers looked at her curiously, as to why she was turning red….again. “Err…Kagome? What happened? Inuyasha asked. And then out of the blue, he jumped to conclusions. “Did HE do something to you? Kagome did Sesshomaru do something inappropriate with you? I’ll kill him if he did! Just tell me…” as Inuyasha continued on his rant, Kagome was lost in her own thoughts… ‘I wish Sesshomaru HAD done something…..’ ‘Right now?’ Her conscious butted in, ‘In front of Inuyasha?’ she paled and widened her eyes. 'Oh no, that would be bad...' imagining Inuyasha watching...' ick '

Sesshomaru raised his eyebrow, when Kagome looked at him, her color turning normal. “Kagome? Kagome? Are you paying attention to me?” Inuyasha said angrily. “Here I am, trying to protect you from evil and you just daydream about…..Say! what are you thinking about?” and then suddenly he hit a nerve by saying “Kikyo never day-dreamed! She was always on top of things! She never hit on demon lords either! She…..”

Sesshomaru glared at Inuyasha, he knew about the previous Shikon miko, Kikyo was that her name? And Inuyasha still thought of her as better, even though she was a dead walking corpse?’ So Naraku was still after the Jewel….but there was a NEW Shikon miko now….. ‘Kagome.’ Sesshomaru frowned, but he wasn’t going to let Kagome die, like Kikyo did. Kikyo was cool, calm and collected but Kagome was brave, vivacious, full of life, and like a fire-cracker if she was angry.

‘Fire-cracker huh?’ his conscious said smugly. ‘Wait you didn’t say…. pretty, gorgeous, sexy….someone you’d love to ….’ As Sesshomaru battled with his own thoughts, Inuyasha continued with his rant. He crossed the line when he said “And I’ll bet you’re already carrying his child AND have his damn mark…and you’re just covering it up with your Miko magic, otherwise why would he be so close to you??”

Suddenly Kagome stilled and the air seemed to stop. Kagome didn’t turn red this time…..she didn’t flinch or even defend herself, nor did Sesshomaru, who seemed to be indifferent to the whole situation, acting as if it was indeed a fact.

She smirked at Inuyasha, a Sesshomaru type smirk. She took two steps closer to Sesshomaru, and smiled, “Oh Inuyasha, how right you are! We were just waiting for the right time to tell you! Oh now you’ve spoiled our little surprise!” she pouted and said, “Oh Sesshoamru DEAR….?”

Sesshomaru wrapped his arm around Kagome and said in his smooth voice as if to console her…. “ My Mate’s got some powerful magic to cover up my ‘MARK’ doesn’t she little brother?” “Perhaps you’d like to see it?” He smirked at Inuyasha’s face, which had gone completely white with shock.


Lady Nefertiti: Please read and review!!