- Text Size +
 Chapter 3: Uh-Oh…. it’s Kouga!!!!

Last time: He smirked at Inuyasha’s face, which had gone completely white with shock….

Lady Nefertiti: expect ooc-ness in all my fics.....


Sesshomaru and Kagome continued on their merry way towards the village…. holding hands. Sesshomaru glanced at Kagome every now and then, an amused expression on his face. “Say Sesshomaru? Is Inuyasha still following us?” Kagome asked. She wondered how the dumb Hanyou would behave after hearing errr…such shocking information. She wondered how everyone would react to this. ‘Sango….I hope she doesn’t faint from shock.’ Sighing she looked up to Sesshomaru, expecting an answer.

Not even looking back, Sesshomaru said, “Well, actually dear, he made a detour and headed left.” “I assume that’s where he’ll find his Miko, Kikyo?” Her silence affirmed that it was indeed the case. They’d almost made it to the Village, when Kagome suddenly stopped. Puzzled he asked her. “What is wrong Kagome?”

“Kouga.” She said. ‘Damn him! Why did he have to be HERE, NOW?’ He was always in the wrong place at the wrong time….. ‘And Sesshomaru won’t be thrilled to hear Kouga’s err…. ‘Claims.’ ‘Although it’s a good thing Inuyasha isn’t there.’ She thought vaguely. ‘I definitely WILL NOT spend time living with Mr. Cave-man.’ She shook her head, shuddered, and thought about the horrors of living in a cave, with millions of other wolves around her. “He’s at the village, probably looking for me.”

Sesshomaru’s grip on her wrist tightened. “Why is he looking for you, Kagome, when he knows that you’re not his woman…” ‘What a disgusting and dishonorable thing for a Demon to think.’ “Do you wish for me to kill him?”

“Eh?” Kagome looked shocked at his statement. “No, no… he’s not an evil demon or anything like that…..although Sesshomaru…He’s not going to be too pleased with this err.. our… um…situation.”

“Indeed.” Sesshomaru said and continued walking, wondering what this Kouga-demon would do when he found out. So Kagome wished that he remained alive? Fine, he could live with that. But she didn’t say he couldn’t mortally wound him. It was well-known that if a ‘shallow’ or ‘lesser’ demon even tried to take a demon queen away from her demon-lord, he’d end up dead….

-Kaede’s hut-

“So Kagome’s not back from home yet?” Kouga asked, tapping his foot, getting quite impatient. Inuyasha wasn’t here either. ‘Wait-a-second…’ He narrowed his eyes. “Did the two go somewhere TOGETHER???!!!” He started to pace, “What if he does something to her? He’s not exactly trustworthy you know! He could trick her! He could make her fall for a false sense of security! He always back-stabs her anyway! What if he takes her soul? What if he….” Kouga stopped pacing and sensed Kagome walking this way….with someone. He ran out the door and came face-to-face with Kagome……. and Sesshomaru?

Miroku and Sango followed him, a bit slowly. “You know, Miroku, this Kagome-is-my-woman thing is getting quite out of hand.” “Kagome is getting quite sick of it.” “Why doesn’t Kouga take a hint and leave her alone?”

Miroku replied saying, “Sango dear, I believe it’s because Kagome’s not Mated.” He continued saying “but I don’t think even then, Kouga will not leave her alone.” “In his mind….She’s always been his..” Sango sighed and nodded. She wished she could do something for her friend.

Kouga narrowed his eyes, he did not like what he saw. ‘Why is the Western lord HOLDING HANDS with my Kagome?’ There was something in her appearance that…. ‘No way is that possible!’

“You must be Kouga, the wolf-demon Kagome spoke of.” Sesshomaru said in a smooth yet, cold voice. “ Although I had pictured you a bit different….” Kagome didn’t let go of Sesshomaru’s hand, but it seemed as if her grip ‘tightened a little?’ ‘Was she afraid of him?’ She didn’t say she was…..

“Kagome, what’s going on? Why are you holding hands with him?” Kouga was ready to grab Kagome, but Sesshomaru already seemed to have predicted that move, so he moved Kagome to his right side. "Who do you think you are anyway? she's my woman and always has been!!" Sesshomaru didn't respond...and that pissed Kouga off. He was used to being yelled at...like Inuyasha always did.

“You believe that Kagome is yours when she doesn’t hold your mark?” “You believe she loves you, when in fact…” He looked towards her, “She’s trying to hide behind me? What did you do to make her so confused and frightened?”

Sango and Miroku finally walked up and they didn’t say a word, Sango’s jaw just hit the floor, which was perfectly normal, seeing that it was appropriate for the occasion….err rather SITUATION.

Kouga glared at Sesshomaru, “I’m guessing….you’re Sesshomaru, Inuyasha’s elder brother.” He then looked at Kagome who looked a bit…. ‘Wait-where-was-Inuyasha? He should be here, trying to kill me with his sword, defend Kagome saying she’s not ‘My woman.’ What was going on? ‘And to top it all off…..this is his brother, so was Kagome cheating on Inuyasha?

Sango and Miroku kept silent in the background, knowing it wasn’t their place to interfere. ‘Well as long as it’s not Inuyasha….I guess I’ll live if Kagome decides to be with Sesshomaru.’ She nodded confirming that she agreed to the situation. What I can’t believe is that Sesshomaru….fell for a human…..’ she didn’t believe that it was ‘in the family’ since Inuaysha had loved Kikyo… ‘and still does’ She thought bitterly. ‘ but this is what matters now…Kagome’s happiness.’ But what Sango heard next was a little too shocking…….even for her.

Kouga took a step closer to Kagome, and she took a step back. “Kagome can we talk? I promise I won’t abduct you, or call you my woman…or do anything else. Fine we won’t talk…” “just tell me….was there ever a time, when you liked me….just me?” She sighed suddenly and wondered how she had got herself into such a situation.

Luckily Sesshomaru spoke up for her, which was a bit odd, to her anyway. “ My mate can’t talk to you right now….she’s not feeling well, besides we’ve got to get back to the castle, to check..” He suddenly smirked, “To check if she’s pregnant….or not.” He said as an afterthought.

Kouga’s jaw hit the floor, unable to say anything….. and Sango? Well… She turned white and fainted into Miroku’s arms…..


Lady Nefertiti: Please read and review!