- Text Size +
Chapter 5: An interesting argument

Last time: “Dream on Bucko…..”


Kagome was still being pulled along by Sesshomaru, who didn’t seem to want to let her go. She fumed as she walked alongside him, wondering what the heck was going through his mind right now…..

‘What does he plan to do? Why is he dragging me along to the Western lands? Why did he play along with my game?’ Kagome pondered these thoughts as both continued on their merry way, towards the Western lands.

“Sesshomaru. Let me go.” She said exasperated, thinking that if anyone saw them together, his reputation would be ruined. ‘Should I ask him to kill me?’ ‘Or does he want to wait until more people are around?’

Suddenly her conscious kicked her. ‘What’s the matter with you?’ ‘Did you forget that lovely ‘MASH’ paper you were writing back in the future?’ ‘What if Sesshomaru AGREES with everything you came up with Kagome?’ ‘Don’t forget HE was the one….’

“Shut-up” she muttered to her conscious ‘honestly she didn’t need to go through the whole ‘He was the one who did this and HE was the one who did that again.’

“Err…Sesshomaru?” she began. “Look I appreciate the fact that you helped me, protecting my honor and all that but….” She hesitated and then in almost a whisper she said, “Wouldn’t people think…I mean You being seen with a human…wouldn’t that ruin your image?” She trailed off unsure of what to say next.

He turned around and looked at her thoughtfully, his eyes seemed to ‘soften?’ a bit?…. but didn’t answer her.

‘Oh god! Was he out of his mind?’ ‘Did he WANT her for real? He wouldn’t lie to her, he had helped her, after all…!’ Suddenly she felt something in her stomach…a queasy feeling. ‘Did he want her to be his mate?’ She had a delicious thought…but then his words caught up with her.

‘Kagome, now about you being Pregnant…..’ SHIT!!! She couldn’t have children! They’d be hanyous! She could barely take care of herself right now!! Her paper….mash…the first name in the male category was Sesshomaru…’And DAMN I said that I’d have as many kids as I wanted….with HIM. ‘And I wanted HIM…’ ‘I wanted….’ Suddenly she started to freak out again….

She was too young to be married, well mated… ‘Mated? To him?’ ‘Oh no! what’s the matter with me? Didn’t I want this?’ But she had to admit….he was damn sexy…. ‘NO ! NO! NO!’ She screamed in her head…..so many dirty thoughts came and went on her face. ‘ I have officially turned into a female Miroku…..’

‘But he’d take care of you.’ Conscious said smugly. ‘You’d be protected at all times….and loved at all times…..’ and conscious trailed off, wanting that word to sink in.

‘Loved, she’d be loved?’ Kagome sighed and wondered what love looked like, for she had forgotten. Inuyasha cheated on her and didn’t love her…Kouga, well…his little speech of ‘my woman’ wasn’t as romantic and as appealing as love should be. Hojo, back home, had gotten sick of Kagome’s constant refusals and now dated her best friend Yumi, who had happily agreed….Naraku was evil, so he was out of the picture…. ‘And then there was Sesshomaru….’ She thought.

She looked up at him and thought ‘Well I hope he’ll talk more when I mate with him….’ ‘WHAT DID I JUST SAY????!!!’ but didn’t she want this? She felt his strong hand gripping hers….to release his hold on her would take a miracle….

His hair gracefully flew in the wind, landing in the same position as it had been before. He had those amazing red marks on his face, with the crescent moon on his forehead, which no other demon had. His moves were unpredictable, unlike Inuyasha….the only resemblance they had to each other, would be their looks….their hair and eyes.

‘But why of all things…why of all people…why of…’ but her thoughts were cut off by him…

“Kagome.” Sesshomaru said. “What are you thinking about? You know…you shouldn’t strain yourself too much….whoever or whatever is bothering you I’ll destroy or kill them for you….that is… if you wish.”

“Err…..” Kagome’s jaw hit the ground at his sentence….it was so Un-Sesshomaru like. He wanted her to stay well….he wanted to protect her…..

“So anyway Kagome, about those children of ours…..” He started.

“IS THAT ALL YOU THINK ABOUT???” She said finally having the courage to say her feelings out loud. “Look MISTER… I will tell you right now that I am not some cheap play-thing! A …A baby-maker…..I’ve had it with….I’ve suffered so much from having my heart broken!”

“From Inuyasha….who has cheated on me so many times, it seems as though it was a new trend, an everyday necessity or occurrence! From Kouga Who may seem as though he’s a gentleman….from so many others like Hojo for instance!!

“He wanted to date me but I kept refusing him because of your half-bastard brother INUYASHA!!!!!!!!”

Sesshomaru looked amused, as Kagome continued on her speech, err…rather ‘rant’ of what previous men/demons had done to her. He didn’t know who Hojo was…but he loved the ‘new’ nickname Kagome had picked for Inuyasha…….

‘Baby-maker huh?’ She said it, not him……. He smirked inwardly.

“Kagome.” He said cutting off her ‘speech.’ “You didn’t let me finish about what I said about our children….” “I was going to say…that I could wait because..”

“But they’d be hanyou’s Sesshomaru! Don’t you understand that? You hate them!” “I want you too..but….” ‘oops..’ she sounded shocked at her own words….

HEY !!!! YOU”RE PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!!!” “And WAIT-A-MINUTE…..who said I agreed to this in the first place?” “….You don’t even love me!? Is this some kind of one-shot deal pal?” “To...to show Inuyasha that You’re better than him?” I don’t…”

He let her hand go, much to Kagome’s surprise. “Is that what you think of me Kagome?” “Demons all have their honor….well all of them, except Inuyasha.” “And anyway…when a demon chooses his mate, a demon of high-ranking, not a ‘lesser’ demon….they have to have the females consent to mate first….but you already agree, so we skip to the next level….”

“WHEN DID I SAY I AGREED???” she asked him, looking terribly confused. She replayed their conversation and no where did she say “Sesshomaru…I agree to be you’re mate, so lets ‘get it on.’ She fumed and thought that someone had messed with Sesshomaru’s head.

‘Naraku?’ ‘No….why would he help me?’ ‘WHAT DID I JUST SAY???’ ‘that Naraku was trying to help me get Sesshomaru?’ “I think I need to see a doctor.” She mumbled.

“What’s that Dear? You need to see a doctor?” He took her hand again and continued to walk towards the west. “hmm…the only time you should see a doctor is if you’re sick….or pregnant….”

Kagome fumed and wondered if this was a bad dream, her fantasy come true, or if she was on a hidden camera T.V show……

While wondering what she should say to him, she finally asked…..“Sesshomaru….will you treat me well and do you promise you won’t betray me?”

He suddenly stopped, and seemed puzzled by her questions. “Kagome I promise you that I’ll treat you like a queen and as far as betrayal goes…I’d never betray you…and I’d kill the bastard that touched you first….” He smirked at her incredulous stare and said “If you wish I’ll take you on a ride on my ‘magic cloud’ since you’ve never been on one…..”

Kagome had no idea what to say to that…. ‘That’s exactly what I wrote on my mash paper……’ What was going on?????


Lady Nefertiti: Chapter 5!!!!

Please read and review!!!!