- Text Size +
Sesshoumaru felt Kagome's presence earlier and knew that she was going to tell Inuyasha about him being here. And so, Sesshoumaru told Jaken to make camp at where they were. Hmmm...they're getting closer. I guess I should tell Rin and Jaken to go away. "Jaken, take Rin somewhere else..."

"But Sesshoumaru..." Jaken said. "Take her now! If you don't I shall cut you up from head to toe." "Yes Sesshoumaru..."

~*~*~*~

There he is! If he's trying to get my Tetsusaiga again he won't get it! (A.N. Doesn't make sense huh? I can't really think straight at the moment...hehe... =P)

"Ahh...my little half-brother...How good of you to join me on this wonderful night..." Sesshoumaru said with a smirk. "Shut up you bastard! I know why you're here. You want the Tetsusaiga huh?!" "My, my. Little brother has gotten smarter these past few days!" "Shut up. I'm smarter than you think Sesshoumaru. And you are never gonna get the Tetsusaiga!"

"Well, you're right. I know that I'm not gonna get the Tetsusaiga. But I am willing to give you a fair trade." Sesshoumaru said, again with a smirk.

"What kind of a trade?"

"Oh, just a simple one. I get one of your companions and I will give you this Shikon Shard that I have been secretly holding for a few days."

"Inuyasha don't do it! It's a trap!" yelled Sango. "You baka listen to her!" said Shippou. Inuyasha wanted to get that Shard. But he didn't want any of his friends to go with Sesshoumaru. All of a sudden Kagome stepped forward. " I'll go with you Sesshoumaru." "Kagome?! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" "Don't worry. You need that Shard more than anything, right? After all, we all know that I'm just your Shard detector right?"

Inuyasha fell silent.

~*~*~*~

What am I doing? Why am I offering to go with Sesshoumaru?! Kagome thought wildly. Another part of herself said You're doing this because you know that Inuyasha doesn't want you. He wants Kikyou.

"So we have a deal then?" Sesshoumaru said coldly. "Yes. I will stay with you. So just give the Shard to Inuyasha and we shall leave..." Kagome said. There was a sound of sadness in her voice.

"Well then. Deal's a deal. It's settled." Sesshoumaru tossed the Shard to Inuyasha and he caught it. "You, wench." Sesshoumaru pointed at Kagome. "Let's go now. Rin! Jaken! Pack up our things. We are going back to the castle." Kagome stepped towards Sesshoumaru and he then wrapped his arms around her waist and they were up in mid-air. Jaken didn't want to touch Rin, but since his master was right there, he had no choice but to do so. Jaken took Rin and met up with Sesshoumaru. "Inuyasha, our deal is sealed. If you come back for your wench, I will have to kill her." "She's not my wench! I will get her back though! You can count on it!" yelled Inuyasha. "Yeah right Inuyasha. You just keep thinking that..." Sesshoumaru said, chuckling. And with that, they left. As they left, Inuyasha could hear what Kagome said ever so softly..."Goodbye Inuyasha..."

"Why did you leave me..." Inuyasha said when Sesshoumaru and his companions left.

~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru and the others just got to the castle when one of Sesshoumaru's servants came running out of the castle. "Master Sesshoumaru! Master Sesshoumaru! I'm sorry to bother you but something bad has happened! A youkai broke into your castle! I don't know how he got passed the guards, but he's inside now!" Cried the servant. "All of you wait here! I will handle this myself..." Sesshoumaru then drew out his sword from its sheath and was about to fly up the the balcony when Kagome cried out "Wait Sesshoumaru! Let me go with you!" Sesshoumaru looked confused. "Why should I let you come with me? You're going to just slow down the battle."

"No I won't! Trust me. I can help you. Just...please...let me go with you..." Kagome had an anxious look in her eyes. Those eyes of hers...they're changing colors. Wasn't it more blue just a few moments ago? And now it's beginning to look gray-blue... thought Sesshoumaru.

"Fine then. You will go. But if you get in the way I will have to kill you once I'm done killing the youkai." Sesshoumaru said coldly. "Don't worry Sesshoumaru. I won't."

Sesshoumaru then took Kagome by the waist and up they went to the balcony. When they got there, Sesshoumaru told Kagome to keep quiet.

In the room that they were entering was dark and damp. Kagome felt cold since there were no heat. Sesshoumaru smelled the air. He could smell the youkai. It's not far away from where they were. Sesshoumaru then went to the door and opened it quietly. "AHHH!!" cried one of his servants. The shout hurt Sesshoumaru for he has very sensitive hearing. But at that second Sesshoumaru grabbed Kagome's hand and they ran towards the direction to where the scream was heard.

~*~*~*~

Back at the campsite, Inuyasha was sitting on a tree branch thinking of Kagome. Why did she leave me? Oh God I miss her so much. She's been gone for 30 minutes and I miss her already. Damn why did she leave?! Inuyasha couldn't get her out of his head.

Miroku, Sango, and Shippou were beginning to worry about Kagome also. "Sango, I miss Kagome...Why did she have to go with that baka Sesshoumaru?" Shippou asked. Shippou was about to cry when Miroku spoke up. "Isn't it obvious why she left? It's because of Inuyasha. I saw it in her eyes before she said that she was going with Sesshoumaru. It looked sad. We all know that she loves Inuyasha, but Inuyasha doesn't see that she loves him. I don't blame her for leaving him, but I'm wondering why she left us without saying goodbye." Sango was touched by his words. "Oh, Miroku. I wish she were still here with us." All of a sudden Sango, Shippou, Mirkou, and Inuyasha heard a yell. "What was that?!" Shippou asked, half scared and half curious. Inuyasha ran back to them and said, "That sounded like it came from Sesshoumaru's castle. His castle isn't that far away from here you guys. I think we had better go there! That might've been Kagome!" Miroku, Sango, and Shippou all thought that Inuyasha might be right. Sango spoke up before Inuyasha could put out the fire. "Wait! Remember what Sesshoumaru said? He told us that if we try to rescue Kagome he might have to kill her! I don't think we should go. And besides, I don't think that is Kagome. It might be some youkai getting slaughtered by Sesshoumaru. You know how he is Inuyasha. He kills for the fun of it, remember?" They all fell silent. Maybe Sango is right. That couldn't have been Kagome. I hope it isn't. But if i ever find out that Sesshoumaru has killed Kagome I swear that I will take my revenge! And with that, they all stayed at the site.

~*~*~*~

When Kagome and Sesshoumaru got to where the scream was heard, they found a body lying there. Gross thought Kagome. Jaken and Rin was behind Kagome and Sesshoumaru. "Sesshoumaru-sama what's that?" asked Rin. Rin looked disgusted and Sesshoumaru sensed that someone or something will sneak up on them. "Jaken! Take Rin farther away from here. This is no place for a little girl to be."

"Yes, Sesshoumaru..."

Jaken took Rin's hand in disgust and they went to Rin's room, which was on the other side of the castle. "What do I do, Sesshoumaru? I don't want to just stand here while you go and fight that whatever-it-is that's out there!" Sesshoumaru was surprised that she wanted to help. Usually the human girls just whimper in fright. "Hmm...I may have some use for you. Follow me. We must hurry or else the demon will get to us quickly. "Okay then." Kagome and Sesshoumaru ran to a room full of weapons. Kagome gasped at the sight. So this is where Sesshoumaru keeps his weapons...I didn't know that he had so much! thought Kagome with awe. Sesshoumaru looked around for the perfect weapon for Kagome to use. "In our recent battles, I've seen you with your bow and arrows. You're pretty good. But not good enough for my level." Sesshoumaru walked over to a case that had a bow and arrows inside of it. Kagome walked beside him. When she saw the bow and arrows she gasped. "Sesshoumaru...th-they're beautiful..." Kagome never saw anything like it. The bow had jewels down its side. And the arrows looked in perfect shape. "They were my mother's. She used to love practicing in the courtyard. I want you to use it. But use it carefully." Sesshoumaru took the bow and arrows out of the case and handed it to Kagome. "Don't worry, Fluffy..." Fluffy?! What the hell? thought Sesshoumaru. "Fluffy?! I will not be called by that childish name."

"What's wrong can't handle it?" Just then, they both heard another scream, but it wasn't as loud as before. They both ran out of the room and hurried to the kitchen where the noise came from. When Kagome and Sesshoumaru got there they saw a demon devouring one of Sesshoumaru's servants. " Oh God..." said Kagome, looking like she was about to puke. Sesshoumaru saw that and thought that humans were always so easy to sicken.

"Aahh...Sesshoumaru. I was expecting you." said the demon. "Who the hell are you and what do you want?!" yelled Sesshoumaru. "Please forgive me for my impoliteness. I am Katana." Katana looked at Kagome. "And who is this? One of your slaves? Or your mate..."

"Who she is is none of your business! You haven't answered my other question. Why are you here?!"

"Well, if you must know, I am here because I want to take over your kingdom! I think I am more powerful than you are."

Just then Kagome shouted, " YOU KNOW WHAT?! JUST GO BACK TO WHERE EVER THE HELL YOU CAME FROM! YOU MAY BE JUST ANOTHER DUMBASS. I MEAN NOBODY IS STRONGER THAN SESSHOUMARU!"

Sesshoumaru then felt something weird down his back. A...tingly feeling of some sort. Kagome looked at him and smiled.

"Awww...isn't this sweet? Sesshoumaru's pet is trying to help! Muahahaha it's not gonna help!" Katana then attacked Kagome instead of Sesshoumaru. "You wench get off of Kagome!" Sesshoumaru then unsheathed his sword and sliced Katana in half.

"Are you alright?" asked Sesshoumaru. Kagome was about to answer but she yelled, "Sesshoumaru! Look! Katana is regenerating!" Sesshoumaru looked and saw that Kagome wasn't lying. "Damn..."

"Sesshoumaru can't I just get Inuyasha here to help? I mean it is just help right? And besides he does have the Tetsusaiga! Please?" Kagome said with pleading eyes. Sesshoumaru couldn't help but say yes. Her eyes...they're so...convincing...and yet...they're so...beautiful at the same time.

"Yes! Thanks Sessy! I'll be back in a few minutes! In the meantime just keep Katana busy, okay?"

"Heh...don't worry...I'm gonna do more than keep her busy...I'm going to see if I can kill her...Even if it's gonna take all night." Kagome then started running towards the door. "WAIT! What would happen if my stupid half-brother tries to get you back after the battle?"

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!"

Kagome ran out the door and was running towards the campsite. Oh...I just hope that they're still where they are when I left...

~*~*~*~

Inuyasha and the others were just about to ready to go to sleep when Shippou spoke up. "Hey guys...I was wondering...what would happen if Kagome wants to come back to us? Will we accept her back? Or will we just reject her for leaving us..."

Sango thought about it. "Hmmm...I never really thought about it that way Shippou...I guess we'll have to find out if and when it does happen. Just go to sleep now Shippou okay? ::yawn:: I'm getting really tired."

"Okay then Sango..." I just hope we do accept her back...

~*~*~*~

Aah! I'm almost there! Kagome thought. She has been running for two and a half miles now. Leaves were on her hair, she has gotten cuts from the twigs, and she is getting really really tired! "Guys! Guys! Guys!" yelled Kagome when she got there. "Guys wake up! I need your help!"

Kagome was trying to wake up Miroku and Sango. "DAMN IT YOU GUYS WAKE UP!"

"Huh...neh? Kagome what are you doing back here?!" asked Sango. Everybody then woke up from their peaceful sleep. "Kagome you're back!" yelled Shippou who gave her a big hug. "No time for hugs, Shippou. Sesshoumaru and I need your guys' help."

"Feh...why should we help? I mean you're the one that left us." said Inuyasha, half angry. "Well if you guys wanna know, it's because there is a demon in his castle. I'm afraid that she can do something youkais can't do."

"Well what is it?" asked Inuyasha roughly.

"She can regenerate. No matter how many times Sesshoumaru tries to slash her, she still ends up the same! Inuyasha we need you and your Tetsusaiga. I think it's the only way of killing her! Please I'm begging you."

Kagome looked at Inuyasha with those eyes. They're turning blue...thought Inuyasha. "Well...okay then. But I'm only helping because you guys really need it! You got that?!" "Thank you Inuyasha, thank you!" Kagome squealed. "Come on! I dont think we have that much time left!"

Kagome and the others were all running towards Sesshoumaru's castle. As they got to the entrance, Rin and Jaken ran out of the castle. "You! Wench!, " Jaken said, "You better go back in there and help Lord Sesshoumaru! Gah! And you brought them with you...ugh...well just go in there and help him damn it!"

"You wanna get hurt dont you Jaken?...I know you wanna..." said Inuyasha. "Enough fooling around you guys! Sesshoumaru needs our help!" "I still can't believe that I'm helping my half-brother. I know he wouldn't do this for me."

"COME ON!!!" yelled Kagome.