- Text Size +
She was surprised that Sesshoumaru had asked her to walk with him. It was nice though, she had to admit to be allowed out of the room without a guard. Of course Sesshoumaru was more than capable of stopping Tsukinoshi should she take control. But there was something odd about they way he carried himself at the moment and she could not quite place what it was. They had walked out into the garden in the middle of the complex and he had yet to say a word. She stopped and knelt to smell a flower, she wondered where the others were. Maybe they were sleeping, it was only about ten by her guess and she had heard that they had a hard time getting here.

Had she known what it was like around the castle normally she would have wondered where all the servants were. Sesshoumaru had ordered they leave the manor and seal it so that no one could leave. He was not about to risk letting that youkai woman loose. They would return at sundown, hopefully there would be someone left alive to let them know the outcome was positive.

He watched her as she knelt trying to decide how to go about this deed he was about to commit. He wanted it to be quick, that much was no question, of course he didn't even want her to see it coming. He didn't know why exactly, he told himself that if she knew the youkai within her would be clued into what was coming. He glanced to one of the windows and saw his hanyou brother waiting with dread and determination. Inu Yasha nodded grimly and Sesshoumaru turned back to the girl.

"I can't believe we're letting him do this," Kouga muttered to the monk beside him.

"I know but, as hard as it is we have to trust him."

In another window Sango looked to the nervous kitsune. "You know what to do right?"

Shippo nodded, tightly clasping the vial in his small hand. "Is it time yet?" The kit sat beside the window not wanting to see what he knew would happen.

"No. I'll let you know."

Sesshoumaru ignored the sick feeling growing in his stomach. He would do this dammit! It had to be done and when it was all over their lives would be better for it. "Kagome..." The tone was soft and remarkably unsure for him. Don't worry, you'll be fine.

She jumped slightly when he finally spoke. She stood, turing to look at him confused. He was closer than he had been a moment ago, but still an arm's length away. As always his face was neutral but there was conflict in his eyes, and... he had said her name. "Sesshoumaru what's wro-"

Her voice cut short a moment after a swift current of air passed under her chin, the frozen expression of confusion on her face brought him little peace, but he hoped that meant she felt nothing. She fell limply to the ground as her lifesblood flowed from the gaping wound on her neck. He had thought this feeling would go away once the deed was done, drawing Tenseiga he thought on how wrong this was. Killing one he had come to respect in order to revive one he loathed, not matter the intent. Of course Kagome's death would be as short as Tsukinoshi's newfound life.

Thanks to the concotion he had drunk he could see the misty form of Tsukinoshi's spirit rising. He thrust the Tenseiga into it and began chanting the forgien words that would return her form to her. Those watching gasped as they saw what had remained of her body on this plane coalesce around his sword. Her skeleton formed and the glowing mist took the shape of her body around it. Then came flesh and skin, beginning with her fingers and toes, the mist drapped over her like clothes as they formed next. The chanting continued until the full form of the demoness was floating over Kagome's body the healing sword through her chest. Slowly Sesshoumaru withdrew the sword and fell back a few feet leaning against it.

Tsukinoshi landed and her eyes opened she looked down at herself, she examined her hands then looked down at her clothes, then the body at her feet. She looked up at the weakened demon prince a grin slowly growing on her lips. Before she had a chance to laugh she felt claws dig into her back. Turning violently she met the golden eyes of Inu Yasha with her own and wasted no time in attacking him. She slashed and kicked at him, and he returned the favor more than half the time. They chased each other about the garden. She jumped back avoiding one of the hanyou's attacks and heard something from behind her.

Yes I can feel it... my stregnth is returning to what it once was. She glared at Inu Yasha, In a few moments this pup won't be able to touch me.

"Hirakotsu!" She ducked the large boomerang and shot a blast toward the demon hunter. Sango barely avoided the bolt, but was unable to catch her weapon because of it.

Shippo meanwhile hopped quickly over to Kagome's body. Scared to aproach her for a moment, he had not expected so much blood! Stealing himself he took the potion and poured it into her mouth. It would not revive her, they knew, but it was a necessary precaution due to Kikyou's existence. Hopefully it would keep her soul safe long enough for them to defeat Tsukinoshi. Unnerved by all the blood the kit pressed a cloth against her throat. "Don't bother."

Sesshoumaru sheathed Tenseiga and turned to the fight before him.

"Can you bring her back now?"

"I could, but she might only be killed again."

"But what if you get killed then no one can bring her back!"

-hmph- a grin touched Sesshoumaru's lips, "That is not likely." Without another word the prince summoned his whip, jumping into the fray he whipped at her. The first one caught her off guard but the second slash ended up surprising him, as she caught it in her glowing hand. Holding on to the other end she dodged and attack by the half dog and ran him right into the whip. As his brother fell to the ground Sesshoumaru immediately disengaged his youki weapon. Miroku joined the fight just as Kouga realized how fast Tsukinoshi really was. Flinging him off her and into the dog prince before he even came into contact with her. "You fools! Have you any idea how powerful I am? Especially now that my body is returned!?"

"Why don't you just shut the hell up!" Inu Yasha shouted swinging Testsusaiga at her. She easily dodged the wild swing and slashed open his chest for his toubles.

"Down boy!" Sesshoumaru came in again, this time with Toukujin, managing some damage to her arm but she was able to avoid any further injury. "Ahh come on welp! I've been wanting to kill you for the last eighty years!"

"Yes well I have grown stronger in that time!"

She grinned, "With the exception of your left arm." Sesshoumaru attacked her again and for some reason right now Inu Yasha really wished he had never hacked off his brother's arm. The two dodged about each other before Kouga found a chance to attack and took it. With the near blinding speed the youkai were fighting and Miroku and Sango could only watch amazed from the sidelines. Tsukinoshi remained suspended in the air as the three youkai attacked her relentlessly in succession. She brought her arms to her chest and threw them out with a shout, a ball of energy formed around her and tossed her opponents to the ground. "I will kill you all!" she screeched. She charged towards Inu Yasha, claws glowing a vibrant red. Still recovering from the blast it did not look as though Inu Yasha would have time to move.

The sadistic grin decorating her face dissapeared a split second before her attack hit as a set of claws swept between her and the hanyou sweeping up into her stomach. Thrown back in shock and injury she stared at the large sabrecat infront of her intended target. Inu Yasha stood with a grunt, "Thanks Kirara." Before she had time to curse the beast an attack came from behind her. She dodged the wolf easily his movements were still sluggish from her last attack which gave her an opportunity to wound him further. Sheathing his Toukujin Sesshoumaru lept into an attack again, he cursed inwardly at the minor damage done before he was forced back. Dammit this isn't working! We're only making her angry! Suddenly it occured to him, the one other weapon they had was out of the game.

He drew his sword and lept into the fray again. "Sesshoumaru you idiot that's the wrong sword!" Inu Yasha shouted. Hearing this Tsukinoshi focused her attention on the attack coming from the wolf. Tenseiga if you ever do anything for me this would be it. Please hit. His sword drawn back over his shoulder he swung it far to early to hit Tsukinoshi, when his hand was behind him he let the blade go, it sailed across the garden, cutting the air over Kagome and sticking into the ground next to her. The sword gone, Sesshoumaru rammed his shoulder into Tsukinoshi's back, pushing her right into Inu Yasha's fist.

Kagome's eyes opened and her back arched with a choked in breath. She sat up coughing violently hand to her throat. Feeling the wetness of the blood on it but there was no longer a cut. Oh my god... Sesshou- He.. he killed me! "Kagome!"

She turned to the fox beside her. "Shippo?" Before anything else could be said she turned at a shout, she recognized Tsukinoshi instantly. She gaped at the power she must have to be able to hold back all three of the powerful youkai at once. "Shippo, quickly get me a bow and arrows."

"Hai!" When the fox left she realized, they were crippled by fighting in a group in ways that mattered greatly. Inu Yasha could not use the Kaze no Kizu without also possibly hitting Kouga and Sesshoumaru, the same could be said about the Byakuryuuha. Also for those who were never used to working together thay had to carefully cooridinate their attacks otherwise Tsukinoshi would just throw them into each other. She just hoped that when Shippo got back she'd be able get a clear shot. Soon Sango and Miroku were by her side. "I can't believe he got you like that!"

"Huh?"

"He threw the Tenseiga over here to revive you."

Kagome narrowed her eyes in the direction of the battle, "And I can see why."

The demoness slashed out at both Sesshoumaru and Inu Yasha at the same time. The Hanyou managed to dodge it but Sesshoumaru's view of the attack was obscured by her hair and her red claws breached his armor. "Soon the moon shall die," she said, digging her claws into his chest, "and there will be none to morn it's passing." She turned slamming Sesshoumaru into his brother and ripping her hand out along with some of his chest. Inu Yasha caught his brother by the shoulders and landed on the ground with him.

The moment his feet touched the ground the youkai prince fell to his knees. For the first time he could remember Sesshoumaru coughed up blood. And for the first time in a long time the hanyou cared, "You alright?"

"Just get her," Sesshoumaru coughed. Moving to stand he fell to his knees again. This would not heal well he could tell already. He watched as Kouga lept over him only to be caught by the woman's tail and thrown into a wall. Inu Yasha came in next swinging the Tetsusaiga at her, but she caught his wrist in her hand. He really needs to stop getting caught by that, he thought. His wrist burning Inu Yasha saw no other choice but to headbutt the demoness. Shocked by this the woman fell back then blasted him in the face. A blinded Inu Yasha was thrown into one of the koi ponds. With all her enemies down Tsukinoshi stalked towards Sesshoumaru. She lifted him from the ground by his throat, her other hand grasping his wrist. "Now Sesshoumaru, how should I kill you?" She grinned, "or maybe I should take your other arm first."

"You'll never get out of here, the entire compound is sealed. No one can leave."

She slowly burned her hand through his chest, he refused to vocalize his pain. "-hmph- we'll just see about that." She drew back her hand again the red glow once again forming around it. "Goodbye welp." Then everything went white.


Man this lady really pissed her off. Killing Inu Yasha's and Sesshoumaru's dad, and from what she could peice together Sesshoumaru's Mom as well. Kagome drew back her bow, feeling her power seep into the arrow as Tsukinoshi drew back her own arm. No more fun for you bitch, she thought, then the arrow let fly. Halfway to her target it looked more like a comet than an arrow, streaking white energy and imbedding itself into the back of the hateful woman. A white globe formed about her, her grip loosened by the pain Sesshoumaru fell to his knees again. There was one last scream before it faded out, her head landed before him, he reached out, melting it with his poison claw. He turned to Kagome and the other humans, "Could you pry the wolf out of my wall and get my brother out of the pond?" Before much else could be said Sesshoumaru fell over into unconciousness, and Kagome soon followed him.