- Text Size +
"What the hell is this?" Inuyasha flipped the card over and over. It had red hearts all over the front and the writing said, "Be My Valentine."

"Uh!" Kagome said as she came up from the Bone Eater's Well, as usual loaded down with stuff in her backpack.

"What?" Inuyasha said irritably. Everything was always a riddle with Kagome!

"It's a Valentine's card!" Kagome sounded irritated herself.

"So?" Inuyasha shrugged.

"You GIVE those to people you CARE about on Valentine's Day!" Kagome snatched the card away from him.

"Hey! Give that back!" Inuyasha made a grab for the card.

"No! You don't appreciate it!" Kagome walked away in a huff towards where the others were.

"I do too!" Inuyasha made a face and then with a scowl, leaped up to his favorite spot up in one of the trees.

"Feh.." His eyes snapped with annoyance.

"Kagome!" Shippo bounced into her arms. "I missed you!"

Kagome laughed as she patted the little kitsume's head. "I missed you too! But it's only been a few days!"

"Don't leave ever again, Kagome, please?" Shippou looked up at her with big pleading eyes.

"Oh Shippou.." Kagome smiled at the little kitsume.

"Ah, Kagome.." Miroku smiled in greeting as he walked up to them. "It is good to see you again."

"You too, Miroku." Kagome set Shippou down.

"I could not help but hear your conversation with Inuyasha. What IS Valentine's Day?"

"Feh." Kagome and Miroku heard Inuyasha say from high above. As usual they ignored him.

Kagome sighed as she gazed at the red and white card. "It's a day for lovers to express their love to one another. They give sentimental cards, flowers, candy, things that show their love to one another. It's a very romantic holiday."

Miroku sidled just a bit closer. "Hm, it sounds like a wonderful holiday indeed..."

Rub..rub..grope..grope..

"IIIYYYYYIIII!!! Pervert!!!" Kagome shrieked as she felt Miroku's hand on her butt.

"Monk!" Inuyasha had leaped down out of the tree and was now holding Miroku by the collar.

Miroku was quite calm. After all, it was almost routine - grope, get hit and/or smacked by Inuyasha, Sango, or Kagome. It was worth it though.

"I was only following Kagome's Valentine tradition by showing my affection!" Miroku smirked.

"KEEP YOUR AFFECTION AWAY FROM KAGOME, YOU PERVERT!" Inuyasha

yelled into Miroku's face and then abruptly let him go as he stalked to the base of the tree that he had been sitting in.

Kagome was still annoyed by Inuyasha's earlier rudeness, so she ignored him as she dug into her pack. Inuyasha's ears flickered with interest.

"Eh, you bring some ramen?" Inuyasha asked.

No response from Kagome.

"Woman, I'm talking to you!" Inuyasha growled. What WAS her problem today?

"Osuwari!" Kagome spat out.

THUD!

"OW! What was that for - "

"Osuwari! Osuwari! Osuwari!"

BANG, BANG, BANG!

"OOOOOOWWWW! You bitch!"

Miroku shook his head. "That must hurt."

Shippou grinned. "Nah, with that hard head of his, I doubt it!"

"I HEARD that, you little brat!" Inuyasha hissed.

"Eeep!" Shippo darted over by Kagome, who had finally found what she was looking for. Shippou saw that she had odd shaped boxes in her hand. They were small but Shippou recognized the smell immediately.

"Chocolate!!" Shippou cheered.

"Yep!" Kagome smiled at Shippou. "Here is one for you, valentine!"

"Yay!!" Shippou leaped to catch the small heart shaped box and immediately opened the box, already popping the chocolate into his mouth.

"Don't eat it all at once, Shippou." Kagome warned. "You remember what happened last time."

"Feh.." Inuyasha was finally sitting upright from all his `sits'. "Threw up all over the #$@#$ place."

"Osuwari!" Kagome yelled.

"OW! Dammit!" Inuyasha's face was once more in the grass.

"Here Miroku." Kagome made sure that she was not in groping distance of the monk.

Miroku took the box already familiar with it's contents. Kagome had brought chocolate from her world before.

"Why Kagome, does this mean you will bear my child?" Miroku smiled meaningfully at Kagome.

"NO!" Kagome blushed.

"Will you ever STOP asking that, houshi?" Sango walked up towards them and shook her head.

"Ah, Sango.." Miroku smiled. "Will YOU bear my child?"

"NO!" Sango bopped the errant monk over the head with her fist.

Kagome giggled and handed Sango a heart shaped box.

"What is this?" Sango asked.

"It's a box of candy for Valentine's Day."

"Valentine's Day?" Sango looked puzzled.

"It is a day when friends and lovers express their love for one another, Sango.." Miroku smoothly replied.

Pat - pat, grope - grope..

"AHHHH!!!" Sango nearly jumped ten feet although she should have expected it by now.

"You dirty minded houshi!" Sango whacked Mirouku with the box of candy.

"Oh Sango!" Kagome saw some of the candy falling out. Shippou gleefully caught them quickly.

"Oh boy! Mine!" The little kitsume ran around in circles.

"Where's mine, Kagome?" Inuyasha was there beside her.

"Humph." Kagome turned away.

Inuyasha immediately started rifling through her bag, throwing things out as he did so.

"Ramen..ramen..funny little scrap.." Inuyasha was now digging through her clothes.

"Ahhh! That's my underwear, you baka!!" Kagome blushed as she started to pick up the various panties and bras that fell on the grass.

Miroku was looking on with interest and Sango gave him a meaningful clonk on the head with the battered box of candy.

"WHERE IS IT?" Inuyasha had emptied the contents of the bag, but nope, no candy!

"YOU BAKA! YOU STUPID HANYOU! You don't DESERVE a Valentine!" Kagome yelled at him.

"FEH! Like I need anything like that from YOU!"

"FINE!" Kagome threw all her things back in her back.

"FINE!" Inuyasha stomped back to the base of the tree, his mouth set in a pout.

"They're at it again." Miroku sighed.

"Poor Kagome.." Sango looked sad.

"Perhaps I should cheer her up." Miroku said almost too brightly.

"Hah!" Sango glared at the monk.

"What? I meant that in the most innocent way, Sango-chan."

"You? Innocent? Hah!" Sango smirked.

"Kagome, you okay?" Shippou asked, his face smeared with chocolate.

"Yes.." Kagome sighed. She had picked Valentine's Day to come here and share it with her friends. But Inuyasha had ruined it! Why did he have to be so - so rude?

Suddenly Inuyasha's ears and nose twitched. Something was coming..something familiar!

"Sesshoumaru's approaching!" Inuyasha was instantly alert and had the Tetsusaiga out.

And then he smelled something else - or rather two somethings -

"Naraku and - and Kikyou?" Inuyasha's eyes widened. This was not what he needed right now - all of them at once!

He was too intent upon the approaching force that he did not sense the presence of a demoness watching them with childlike glee..