- Text Size +
"S - Sahika.." Shinjiii muttered from their hiding place. "Are you sure you wish to do this? After all, you've not perfected your magical arts yet."

"Shinjiii, love.." Sahika purred. "I only want Sesshoumaru-sama to experience love as we two know it. It's not right to be selfish in our happiness."

"But there are others there.." Shinjiii frowned. He loved Sahika with all his heart, but sometimes her meddling got her into trouble!

"Don't worry..I'll be careful and direct it only at Sesshoumaru."

"But which will he choose?" Shinjiii asked.

"There is no telling.." Sahika smiled as she sensed Sesshoumaru approaching the small group. She was so focused on Sesshoumaru that she wasn't aware of Naraku and Kikyou's presence.

"Come out, Sesshoumaru!" Inuyasha yelled out. Everyone was tensed and ready to battle.

Sahika noticed the way Inuyasha poised himself in front of the dark haired girl with the short kimono. Hm, Inuyasha was Sesshoumaru's brother, so this might be rather interesting indeed!

It was then she saw the odd looking man covered in baboon fur and another woman, dressed in miko's clothing, partly hidden in the brush as if they were merely spectators. She looked exactly like the girl that Inuyasha protected! Sahika's eyes flickered with interest. Oh my. Still she was not interested in the others at the moment, only Sesshoumaru mattered.

"There!" Sinjiii hissed as the youkai-lord appeared in the air, along with Jaken, his servant.

"I see him.." Sahika hissed back and let loose the small globe that she had in her hand. The globe contained the substance that would make Sesshoumaru feel the emotion of love. It headed straight for the demon-lord, but then Sahika did not account for Inuyasha's charge.

"EEEEYYYYAAA!!" Inuyasha charged at Sesshoumaru, who as usual, deflected his half-brother's attempt to cleave him with the Tetsusaiga. However, what Inuyasha hit was the small sphere, scattering it's contents through the air and down upon everyone in an unseen rain.

"Aii! Oh no!" Sahika gasped. "That baka's spread the powder everywhere!"

"What - what will it do?" Sinjiii had to ask although he had already guessed the answer.

"It'll make all of them fall in love!" Sahika watched as everyone stood frozen in place for a moment.

"Will it wear off?" Sinjiii frowned. As usual his lover had caused trouble. But then that was part of why he loved her so. All youkai carried within them a measure of chaos.

"It - depends." Sahika shrugged.

"Come, you have done what you set out to do.." Shijiii sounded impatient. "I do not care about the love of others, just you.." He smiled into her eyes and she could see the desire in them.

"Yes..you're right. They will be all right.." Sahika let herself be led away by her lover.

And so the two youkai left, unmindful of the chaos they were about to cause.

Sesshoumaru blinked and tried to clear the fog that seemed to settle in his head. He had felt - something just before his hanyou half-brother attacked him. Typical Inuyasha move. He had felt Naraku's presence along with the dead miko, Kikyou's but as long as they did not meddle with his affairs with Inuyasha, he cared little for them.

He blinked and saw all of them frozen - that pathetic little band that followed Inuyasha around. And there of course was that girl - that maddeningly frail yet powerful girl that was -

Incredibly beautiful!

Sesshoumaru's eyes glittered with an uncontrollable desire and his heartbeat quickened. She had had her allure before, but now he felt himself drawn to her.

Kagome looked about. Why was everyone frozen like that? She seemed all right.

"Inuyasha?" She said softly, looking for the hanyou. But he was walking towards some brush where she saw - Kikyou!

Kagome felt a rush of hurt in her heart. Kikyou, always Kikyou.

"K- kikyou?" Inuyasha blinked. He had always cared for Kikyou, but this feeling threatened to overtake him. Nothing else mattered but the one before him.

Kikyou blinked as she regarded the hanyou in front of her. She hated him and yet - there was something about him, something that seemed to dig up something old and forgotten in her that she thought was lost through all that hate.

"Inu - Inuyasha?" And for once, Kikyou's eyes were not cold at all but warm with the light of love.

"Kikyou!" Inuyasha embraced the miko, who hugged him back.

Naraku, who had so far remained hidden, saw Inuyasha and felt something within him - it was an odd sensation but Naraku was helpless against it.

~That hair, and those eyes! ~ He thought with a lustful gaze to his eyes. ~How foolish was I to disregard that which was so close to me all along!~

"Get away from Inuyasha, you dead miko!" Naraku snarled.

"N - nani?" Kikyou looked startled.

"He's my true love!" Naraku's eyes gazed on Inuyasha, drawn like a moth to a flame.

Kikyou and Inuyasha could only stare!

Jaken blinked and rubbed something out of his eyes, trying to remember what had happened. Ah yes, Sesshoumaru was fighting his pitiful hanyou brother for the Tetsusaiga! Stupid humans! Yes, he would be glad when they were all gone -

Jaken's bulbous eyes widened. What was that vision of unearthly beauty before him? She was - beautiful! Never had his eyes ever seen such beauty and grace set before him - unless you counted Sesshoumaru.

(a/n: Picture Jaken with big hearts in his eyes - scary, ne?)

What was this vision of this beauty's name? He had to find out just to be able to sing out his love's name to all the world!

Jaken made his way towards his newfound love..

"Houshi?" Sango's eyes were wide with confusion.

"It's - it's alright, Sango-chan.." Miroku's voice was low as he regarded Sango. He had always had feelings for her, but they had been covered up by his

carefree air. He had been afraid to get close to her - really close in mind and spirit, afraid that his curse would take away his happiness one way or the other. It had been easier to be the lecherous monk, since it was far easier to break physical contact with someone than the ties of love. But now, now he felt this love come forth as he gazed into Sango's wide eyes.

Sango too, had kept her distance from love, for it was painful - more so after losing her family. Miroku had been a friend to her and Sango enjoyed their friendship despite his occasional groping. But now - oh what expressive eyes he had! They were beautiful! It was as if she could see the depths of his soul within them.

"I - I know it is now, Miroku.." Sango said breathlessly.

"Sango, I - " Miroku felt he had to kiss her. Would she turn him away?

"Miroku.." Sango desperately wanted to kiss Miroku, but she was afraid.

The monk gently tipped her face upwards and Sango felt a flare

of excitement run through her being.

She also felt a tug on her kimono sleeve and she saw - Jaken!

She blinked as she looked down at the short toad youkai with a hint of distaste.

"Oh beautiful one! Grant this lowly Jaken the gift of your name so that he may proclaim his love for you throughout the heavens and the earth!" Jaken had his hand over his heart.

"I - I - " Sango looked like she was going to be sick!

"Get away from Sango!" Miroku's eyes narrowed angrily as he ruthlessly hit Jaken in the head several times with his staff. Jaken staggered away, used to such treatment. Finally he staggered onto the ground, little hearts going around his head.

"Ah, Sango is the name of my true love!" Jaken muttered. "I shall die a happy youkai!"

Shippou, who other than Kagome, had not been affected, blinked in amazement. All the adults were acting weird! - Well weirder than normal!

Kagome was surprised and she gasped as Sesshoumaru loomed in front of her, his handsome face set in it's usual mask. However, Kagome noticed how different his eyes looked, showing some sort of emotion that she had never seen there before. It was almost scarier than his usual face of cold indifference.

"Stay away from me, Sesshoumaru.." Kagome said lowly, pointing her arrow at his chest.

"I cannot." He replied, his voice low and almost melodious. "I am drawn to you by a force that I cannot fight against."

"Nani?" Kagome stammered, unnerved by his stare.

"Shoot me if you must, dearest Kagome, but I shall die happy knowing that t'was you that dealt the final blow.."

"Wha - " Kagome lowered her arrow and that's when Sesshoumaru grabbed her and kissed her, bending her backwards to the ground. This caused Kagome to lose her bow and arrows - and her concentration!

~W- what's happening here?~ Kagome felt her mind and senses reeling over Sesshoumaru's kiss. She struggled at first but knew she could not break his hold over her. What had come over him?

~Oh..he's a good kisser~ Kagome thought as she sank into his embrace. ~Wait! I've never been kissed before!~

Sesshoumaru had given Kagome her first kiss - and it made her toes curl!