- Text Size +
Kagome drifted around the night sky, flying upon the golden stardust. Mist cloaked her, making her seem like a heavenly goddess. Her long, raven-black hair flowed behind her in a curtain of silk ribbons. A crescent moon beamed down its light on her, highlighting her pale skin. She smiled down at him, extending her hands to him. Sesshoumaru smiled, extending his hands to take hers. Before he could even touch her, someone came behind her, flying as she did. Sesshoumaru gasped, retracting his hands. The person pulled her back, laughing mockingly. Kagome didn’t seem to care, also retracting her hands from him. The stranger holding her smiled, the moonlight finally showing his features. Inuyasha’s face looked down at Sesshoumaru, smirking. He growled at Inuyasha, jumping up and clawing at him. The claws did not make contact, and Sesshoumaru started falling through the sky. Kagome made no move to help him, idly lingering in Inuyasha’s arms. Inuyasha laughed manically, his hair changing to a raven-black color and mingling with Kagome’s. His garb changed to that of modern people. “Atasuke,” Sesshoumaru gasped before falling to his demise. Everything was dark, he couldn’t see anything but himself. He could feel himself being shaken by an unknown force. Not wanting to see what it was, he shut his eyes tight, tears squeezing out of his eyes. A sharp slap stung across his face.

“Sesshoumaru!” Kagome called, sharply slapping him.

His eyes snapped open. It was a dream. He could feel something wet falling down his face. Bringing his hand up, he felt his forehead. No, not sweat. Sitting up, he found he was in his bed, Kagome standing at the edge and watching him curiously. His cheek stung. Slowly, he brought a hand up to it.

“Sorry,” Kagome said sheepishly, “You were clawing at your sheets, and you wouldn’t wake up when I shook you.”

So, that’s what it was. He shivered slightly, recalling the dreamscape. Looking over to his clock, he found it was 10:00 AM. His sheets were torn apart and so was part of his pillow, which was thrown onto the floor.

“Why are you crying, Sesshou?” Kagome asked, concerned.

“Crying?” he questioned.

“Yeah,” she said, bringing a finger to his face and drawing away a tear.

“Oh, hehehe,” he said, laughing nervously, “It was nothing. I was dreaming about my mother,” he lied.

“Oh, are you okay, then?” she asked gently.

“Uhhuh, sure,” he lied again.

Sesshoumaru felt terrible, lying to Kagome, but he didn’t want her to worry about him. It was just a dream, anyways.

“Where’re you going?” he asked, looking over her clothed form.

“Grocery shopping,” she replied, shifting her purse on her shoulders. “You okay alone?”

“Yeah, sure,” he assured, dismissing his dream of Atasuke. “Have fun,” he said sarcastically.

“I’m sure I will,” she said wryly, “Anything in particular you want?”

“No,” he said, getting out of bed, “Just don’t talk to that Atasuke Yasha.”

“Why?” she asked, smirking, “Worried about me?”

“Just don’t,” he admonished.

“Don’t worry,” she said, giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

He firmly grasped her hands, not allowing her to leave. “Don’t let him get to you, okay?” he pleaded.

“How can I put this so you understand it?” she mused, going nose-to-nose with him. “Let’s say this, since you understand demon terms so much better.”

Her breath tickled his skin, making him fight back the urge to kiss her. He patiently waited for what she was to say.

“In demon terms, you would say that I belong to you, now,” she explained, kissing him deeply.

He released her hands, instead wrapping his arms around her waist. He was a sucker for her kisses.

“Understand?” she asked gently, nuzzling her nose against his.

“Mmm,” he said, eyes closed, putting his forehead against hers.

“Good,” she chirped, kissing his nose.

She pulled away from his embrace and placed a finger on his nose. “I’ll be back soon!” Then, she was out the door, leaving Sesshoumaru to stand in the middle of his bedroom. I belong to you, now. Her words echoed in his head. He smiled, walking into his bathroom. If she says so, then I’ll trust her. He turned on the shower water, thinking blissfully that he didn’t have to live alone in sadness anymore. With Kagome, in this world, he would finally find happiness.