- Text Size +
Rin quietly crept through the hallways to Sesshoumaru’s library. She knew he would be there, he always was. She slid the door open and walked in quietly.

“Sesshoumaru-sama?” She saw him staring out the window overlooking the gardens. Rin gave Sesshoumaru his usual adoring hug and received her complimentary pat on the head.

“Can Rin have one of Sesshoumaru-sama’s too small kimonos?” Rin asked sweetly.

“Why?” he asked, still staring out the window.

“Rin wants to do something with it! It’s a surprise for Sesshoumaru-sama!”

Sesshoumaru snapped his fingers, and a servant appeared. He told the servant to get one of his old kimonos and armor. Rin giggled happily, hugged Sesshoumaru, and followed the servant. After watching Rin leave, Sesshoumaru went to Kagome’s room. Sliding the door open, he heard Kagome say, “Rin?” Turning around, her breath caught, and she quickly hid the things she held. Sesshoumaru’s eyes narrowed.

“What are you doing, wench?”

She mimicked his expression, “What are you doing here, Fluffy-san?”

He lost his temper with her (not good !_!). Sesshoumaru/Fluffy flew at her and pinned her to the ground. He was breathing heavily, his clawed hand on her throat.

“Don’t…call…me…Fluffy-san.”

“As you wish, Fluffy-sama,” she said, smirking.

Sesshoumaru tightened his grip on her throat, digging his claws into her skin and drawing a couple drops of blood. He could smell no fear from her, which both amused and angered him. He could, however, smell the small drops of blood flowing freely from her neck. She was beginning to choke and suffocate; yet she still showed no fear of him. Fluffy, er, um, Sesshoumaru still kept his tight hold on her, expecting her to kick him or something.

Kagome placed her hand on top of his. “Kill me…please,” she whispered. Sesshoumaru looked genuinely surprised. He searched her eyes for emotions. Sorrow. Pain. Guilt. No, still no fear. He took his hand off her throat, licking the blood off his claws. Kagome took a deep breath. When her breathing became steady again, she gave her death glare.

“Why didn’t you kill me, baka?”

“Who are you talking to, wench? Yourself?” he said with a smug smile.

“You! YOU! BAKA!” she screamed.

“I thought you called me Fluffy-sama,” he replied coolly.

“Oooooo…you!”

She flew at him, lifting her hand in the air in a swift motion. Sesshoumaru caught it, a hair from his cheek.

“Tell me where Inu-Yasha is,” he commanded.

Kagome’s bottom lip quivered. She jerked her wrist from his grasp and turned her body away from him. Sesshoumaru grasped her shoulders firmly and turned her around to face him. Kagome had her face turned away. In one quick motion, Sesshoumaru pulled her to him and held her tightly. He wasn’t sure why he was doing it, but it felt right to him.

Kagome’s breath caught in surprise, but she took the invitation and buried her face in his kimono. She cried for about five minutes before she pushed away from him. He was utterly confused, but he let her cry out her pain. Sesshoumaru cupped her chin in his hand, tilting her face up to his.

“Where is Inu-Yasha?” he asked gently.

“He’s,” a tear rolled down her cheek, “dead.”

Sesshoumaru looked surprised, for a split second. Then he wiped the tear off her face and turned to leave. He felt a light tap on the shoulder and turned around.

“Arigatoo,” Kagome said smiling, “Fluffy-chan.”

Fluffy-chan?