- Text Size +
After Fluffy left, Kagome used the sleeve of her kimono to wipe her tear-streaked face. Shortly after, Rin arrived with Sesshoumaru’s clothes and armor.

“Kagome-chan! Rin got Sesshoumaru-sama’s clothes like you asked,” she said cheerily, giggling.

“Now, Rin-chan, I start my makeover.”

Both Rin and Kagome giggled at their thoughts.

“Okay, Rin-chan. I don’t think the make-up will work, so I’ll use my markers.”

“Markers? Like paint?”

“Yes, Rin-chan. You are a very smart girl.”

The 9-year-old and 18-year-old went to work on Kagome’s face. Kagome drew the dark blue crescent moon shape on her forehead, while Rin worked on the bright red stripes on her cheeks. When they were done, Kagome and Rin admired their work in a mirror in the room. She looked a tiny bit like Fluffy, but not enough, yet. While watching in the mirror, Kagome parted her bangs so they fell like Fluffy’s. She knew she couldn’t change her hair color; it wouldn’t look good on her anyways. Telling Rin to turn around, Kagome slipped out of her borrowed kimono and into Sesshoumaru’s. When Kagome gave her consent, Rin turned back around to critique her.

“Kagome-chan looks just like Sesshoumaru-sama as a girl!” she squealed.

Rin danced around Kagome while she brushed out her hair. After that, her hair was brilliant as it gleamed in the morning sun. It was almost as silky as Fluffy’s. She then proceeded to adorn the armor Rin brought. It seemed to be as light as a feather, yet very protective at the same time. Kagome looked herself over in the mirror, impressed by her resemblance to Fluffy.

“Okay, Rin-chan,” she said smiling, “let’s go to Fluff, er, Sesshoumaru-sama.”

Rin happily led Kagome down the halls and corridors to the garden, the place Sesshoumaru would most likely be at this time of day. When Kagome entered the garden, her breath caught. Mosaic paths snaked around a large glass fountain and delved their way around spectacular flowerbeds and over a stream. The stream flowed and opened to a large pond, into which, a waterfall thundered down. The air was heavy with the perfume of many varieties of flowers. Cherry trees flecked the garden, showering it with fragrant sakura blossoms.

Rin ran over to Sesshoumaru, who was sitting on the edge of the fountain, staring out towards the waterfall. She jumped up and down in front of him.

“Sesshoumaru-sama! Sesshoumaru-sama! We have a surprise for you!”

Kagome took the cue and walked gracefully over to the fountain. She made sure to plaster a mask of cold indifference on her face, adding a fleck of ever-constant amusement. She narrowed her eyes slightly and arched an eyebrow at him. Fluffy seemed to be studying her, a smile playing at his lips.

“Not bad,” he stated in amusement.

Kagome lost her mask and broke into a smile.

“Is Kagome-chan going to Sesshoumaru-sama’s bride, now?” Rin asked excitedly.

Kagome blushed furiously and turned away. Both she and Sesshoumaru answered at once.

“No.”

Rin looked a little upset but continued her cheeriness immediately. Kagome turned to leave, but her wrist was caught and pulled down next to Sesshoumaru. She turned to him with a smug smile on her face.

“You need something…Fluffy-chan?”

A flicker of playfulness crossed his eyes before answering.

“Why did you imitate me?”

“It was a joke, Fluffy-sama. I thought it would be funny,” she replied coolly.

“You think I look funny?”

“No, no, no. Of course not! Why would the Great Lord of the Western Lands look funny?”

Sesshoumaru gave her a death glare, not comforted by the statement.

Kagome sighed. “What I mean is, if you looked funny, not many would want to be your mate, or whatever. However, many do, so you do NOT look funny at all,” she reassured. Quite handsome, actually. Kagome mentally kicked herself. No, he’s not.

“Why do you call me Fluffy?”

“Is this an interview or something?”

Fluffy glared at her.

“Well, Fluffy-sama, I call you that because of this,” she said, patting his tail, “Your tail is so soft and fluffy!” She smiled at him.

“Ahhh, so I see.”

Kagome heard a door open and close, signaling that Rin had left the two in the garden alone. Kagome gulped. Being alone with Sesshoumaru did not bode well. She pushed herself off the extravagant fountain and started walking towards the door.

“Where are you going, Kagome-san?”

Kagome hesitated in her walking. He called me by my name…

“To go change…these are your clothes.”

“Is there something wrong with the way I dress?” he asked, a little hurt.

“No, no, no,” she said, turning to look at him, “they look quite nice on you,” she commented, smiling. Then, she turned to leave again. I need to learn to shut my big mouth.

Sesshoumaru stared at her retreating form. He could still see her smile after the door had closed. She smiled at me…for me…a real smile…so beautiful. He shook the thought from his mind and thought about something else. So…the hanyou has died, has he? Not surprising…but how did he die? What of the Tetsusaiga?